You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 59 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 54 of 64]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Boston hires Chris Kelly as player development coordinator

Mmmmmhhhh I knew Kelly leaving was a red flag.

I laughed at this. Was that the first red flag you’ve seen?

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Boston hires Chris Kelly as player development coordinator

Mmmmmhhhh I knew Kelly leaving was a red flag.

I laughed at this. Was that the first red flag you’ve seen?

obviously not but as i stated him leaving was passed off as nothing to write about quoting family reasons.

I would love to have a little one on one with someone well linked to ownership in the past. say, Alfredsson. the stories he must have....

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I would imagine he has family there after spending seasons there. Maybe not, maybe he just doesn't want to work for Melnyk, which is quite fair.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
$8 million for 7 years for Trouba. Way too much imo

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:$8 million for 7 years for Trouba. Way too much imo

Yeah but it’s what you’d expect on the market for him.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
James Neil traded for Lucic.
I would think Edmonton has a better chance to redeem this trade when it’s all said in done.
Swapping ugly for ugly I guess

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Too much yeah, but he’s a #1 D now so he’s getting paid like one should.
They do have to make a trade now and shed salary.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:

Too much yeah, but he’s a #1 D now so he’s getting paid like one should.
They do have to make a trade now and shed salary.

They have some quality players rumoured to be available.
I’m sure they’d love to trade Shattenkirk but they’ll have to take on some of that cap hit to make it work.
The rags have a long history of bad FA contract. I wonder if Panarin will turn around and also bite them in the Donkey.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:James Neil traded for Lucic.
I would think Edmonton has a better chance to redeem this trade when it’s all said in done.

Yeah, I hate this for Calgary. They must have absolutely needed Neal to be gone, not just wanted him gone because he wasn't working out. They must have sensed a major disruption in his unhappiness, because you don't take on Lucic at his age with that contract unless you're desperate.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:James Neil traded for Lucic.

Yeah, I hate this for Calgary.  They must have absolutely needed Neal to be gone, not just wanted him gone because he wasn't working out.  They must have sensed a major disruption in his unhappiness, because you don't take on Lucic at his age with that contract unless you're desperate.

well it could be argued that Lucic has some utility in protecting guys and in the playoffs. now if Neal cant cut it as a top6 he may not even have utility on the team as a whole. this could wind up being worse for Edmonton.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Big win for EDM imo. He's going to play with either McDavid or LD and get some powerplay time. I think EDM is much better this year

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Big win for EDM imo. He's going to play with either McDavid or LD and get some powerplay time. I think EDM is much better this year

Better because it’s hard to be any worse but much better? I’m still not seeing them make the playoffs so far.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Neal is better period. Lucic can no longer keep up in the nhl. They...got lucky to get rid of him for neal to be polite

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
They're still a few wingers short but Bouchard should be able to provide some offense

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Big win for EDM imo. He's going to play with either McDavid or LD and get some powerplay time. I think EDM is much better this year

Better because it’s hard to be any worse but much better? I’m still not seeing them make the playoffs so far.

Defensively they're still a mess

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Defensively they're still a mess

They still look like a bottom 10 if not bottom 5 team defensively.
Chichi destroyed this team. He took an unruly young squad and traded them away for a bunch of half assed talent. Good luck Holland. I think this will be the first time we see a mega celebrity like Mcdavid ask for a trade.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I think he would have asked out had they not brought in Holland, now they have a real gm. Hard to say, that's a good point for sure. What would he bring back in trade?

Goodness....so much in theory. But...anything at or over 10 can be crippling no matter how good the player. Look at all the teams in cap trouble

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:I think he would have asked out had they not brought in Holland, now they have a real gm.  Hard to say, that's a good point for sure.  What would he bring back in trade?

Goodness....so much in theory.  But...anything at or over 10 can be crippling no matter how good the player.  Look at all the teams in cap trouble

That’s a good point. What would come in exchange. It be so many assets or a few quality exceptional assets.
But if Gretzky can get traded...

They said Chichi was a competent GM too and he destroyed that team. Holland has been good but the last few years in Detroit weren’t all that good. He gave big contracts to players they didn’t reLly need to either keep or commit to. He should have seen the decline of the team sooner and acted on it by trading players sooner. Mind you IIRC ownership in Detroit believed they should have continued on winning.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 54 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 59 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum