GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 61 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
I wonder if the Flames would be interested in Lajoie with Valimaki out for the season. Pretty big blow for the Flames. Lajoie could be an inexpensive bottom pairing dman for them.

Flo The Action


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I wonder if the Flames would be interested in Lajoie with Valimaki out for the season. Pretty big blow for the Flames. Lajoie could be an inexpensive bottom pairing dman for them.
Im not familiar with the flames prospect pool but don’t they have a guy they could bring up from the minors?

Flo The Action


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Part of me is loving the RFA chaos this summer. Tons of teams are waiting for some team to make the first signing. You’ve got some huge names up there and all GM’s are playing a game of wait and see.

Honestly it all comes back to the Austin Matthew deal. The truth is teams can’t afford to be giving those contracts to players right out of ELCs. The cap did not go up but contracts have. There is a lot of teams that will be in trouble.

That’s why I’d love to get Chabot on a 8-8.5 deal Max term. Even if that’s not looking like that will happen under current ownership.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ceci and others being sued for 8 mil.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I wonder if the Flames would be interested in Lajoie with Valimaki out for the season. Pretty big blow for the Flames. Lajoie could be an inexpensive bottom pairing dman for them.
Im not familiar with the flames prospect pool but don’t they have a guy they could bring up from the minors?

It is very close to worst in the league. This injury probably gives Kylington a real chance now. Not much cap room in Calgary if I recall correctly. Maybe a PTO for a cheap vet?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I wonder if the Flames would be interested in Lajoie with Valimaki out for the season. Pretty big blow for the Flames. Lajoie could be an inexpensive bottom pairing dman for them.
Im not familiar with the flames prospect pool but don’t they have a guy they could bring up from the minors?

It is very close to worst in the league. This injury probably gives Kylington a real chance now. Not much cap room in Calgary if I recall correctly. Maybe a PTO for a cheap vet?
It’s all binging on how much their Tkachuk signs for. They may have to clear some more salary. Had the cap gone up by a couple of millions they might have been fine. Those rises in cap make big differences for some teams.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
I was really happy when it was set 2 million lower than anticipated. It has directly led to this interesting offseason.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Ceci and others being sued for 8 mil.

Normally I kind of roll my eyes at these types of lawsuits, but in this case, I'm on the victim's side. Too bad for Cody that his girlfriend had a pretty big moment of stupidity.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/woman-engulfed-in-flames-files-million-dollar-lawsuit-1.5245804

When I first saw your post, I still thought Ceci was on the Sens...and then I googled the lawsuit, saw "former Ottawa Senator" and then remembered the trade.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Ceci and others being sued for 8 mil.

Normally I kind of roll my eyes at these types of lawsuits, but in this case, I'm on the victim's side.  Too bad for Cody that his girlfriend had a pretty big moment of stupidity.  

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/woman-engulfed-in-flames-files-million-dollar-lawsuit-1.5245804

When I first saw your post, I still thought Ceci was on the Sens...and then I googled the lawsuit, saw "former Ottawa Senator" and then remembered the trade.


I read that sometimes you need to sue just to get more money from the insurance company or something like that.

She definitely won't get $8 million but should get a hefty amount.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Ya my guess is this is totally an insurance thing. She won't get her $8M but I can only imagine how hard it's been adjusting back to life after being burnt alive and barely surviving

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
But it sounds like everyone was drunk and ceci's girlfriend did something really stupid. I can't help feel bad for Ceci going into a rough market with this hanging over him. Going to be a tough season

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I was just discussing this a few days ago with my son and daughter. Don't even remember how it came up, but my daughter googled it and read out the story. When she came to the part where they said the girl's father was a prominent lawyer I said here comes the suit. Then not even two days later this comes out.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:I was just discussing this a few days ago with my son and daughter. Don't even remember how it came up, but my daughter googled it and read out the story. When she came to the part where they said the girl's father was a prominent lawyer I said here comes the suit. Then not even two days later this comes out.

When the article first came out about this story, it said that the girl had retained the services of Howard Yagendorf (sp?), who is a pretty famous Ottawa lawyer. It's definitely an awkward situation, because this girl that was burned is (was?) the girlfriend of one of Cody's close friends.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Still is.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Wow. Sabres gold jerseys are straight fire. Too bad one of the 13 times they are wearing them to celebrate 50 years wont be against Ottawa. Basically nothing is ever planned with Ottawa.
https://www.nhl.com/sabres/fans/50th-season-commemorative-jersey

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Wow. Sabres gold jerseys are straight fire. Too bad one of the 13 times they are wearing them to celebrate 50 years wont be against Ottawa. Basically nothing is ever planned with Ottawa.
https://www.nhl.com/sabres/fans/50th-season-commemorative-jersey

Not bad. I think it would have probably been nicer on the home jerseys though. Give it that cavalry look and feel to it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ouf.. this is really the low season. TSN isn’t even trying to put up new stories and Travis Yost has the top story up for 4 days now.... tumbleweed

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Oh yeah, this is traditionally the time where it's dead.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 61 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum