GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 62 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Wow. Sabres gold jerseys are straight fire. Too bad one of the 13 times they are wearing them to celebrate 50 years wont be against Ottawa. Basically nothing is ever planned with Ottawa.
https://www.nhl.com/sabres/fans/50th-season-commemorative-jersey

Not bad. I think it would have probably been nicer on the home jerseys though. Give it that cavalry look and feel to it.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ouf.. this is really the low season. TSN isn’t even trying to put up new stories and Travis Yost has the top story up for 4 days now.... tumbleweed

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Oh yeah, this is traditionally the time where it's dead.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Less than 20 days to the Rookie Showcase.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
The only big thing happening out in Calgary is when will Tchachuk get a new contract. They've already exhausted all story lines on that and it's pretty damn quiet. The other big news was of course the new arena slated for the 2022 season I believe?

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:The only big thing happening out in Calgary is when will Tchachuk get a new contract.  They've already exhausted all story lines on that and it's pretty damn quiet.  The other big news was of course the new arena slated for the 2022 season I believe?

Count your lucky stars that it’s mostly all good news.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
https://www.tsn.ca/edmonton-oilers-rfa-jesse-puljujarvi-eyes-top-six-role-with-nhl-team-1.1353412

Everything about this kid right now screams problem.

Thinks he should be given top 6 minutes and linemates without having shown enough.
Demands trade because he feels he can’t get what he wants (not that Edmonton is a great spot)
Wishes English would come easier(you got to work at it kid)
Perimeter player that is stubborn.

Huge red flags

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:https://www.tsn.ca/edmonton-oilers-rfa-jesse-puljujarvi-eyes-top-six-role-with-nhl-team-1.1353412

Thinks he should be given top 6 minutes and linemates without having shown enough.
Demands trade because he feels he can’t get what he wants (not that Edmonton is a great spot)

Huge red flags

Oh yeah. And Edmonton wants a 1st for him. They better pray he turns it around this year so the value starts to rise, because I have a feeling the best offer they received was a 3rd + fringe prospect (like Carcone lol)

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:https://www.tsn.ca/edmonton-oilers-rfa-jesse-puljujarvi-eyes-top-six-role-with-nhl-team-1.1353412

Huge red flags

Oh yeah.  And Edmonton wants a 1st for him.  They better pray he turns it around this year so the value starts to rise, because I have a feeling the best offer they received was a 3rd + fringe prospect (like Carcone lol)

Yeah and that’s probably a bit low on the value but not by far.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Benning resigned to a 3 year deal in Vancouver.

I bet there’s quite a few fans cursing this deal.
Not the most popular GM in its fan base.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:The only big thing happening out in Calgary is when will Tchachuk get a new contract.  They've already exhausted all story lines on that and it's pretty damn quiet.  The other big news was of course the new arena slated for the 2022 season I believe?

For sure. I do see a big drop in the standings this year without some changes.

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

For sure.  I do see a big drop in the standings this year without some changes.
The new Corey Pronmen prospect standing have the flames dead last in the ranking. Guess they better start making noise in the playoffs.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/70/98/99/b2826710.jpg

For anyone interested in what the bottom half of Corey’s prospect ranking looks like

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The Canes New Jersey.... I dunno. It’s been done. Not with the best success. For a brilliant business mind, you’d think Dundon would have asked a marketing expert on this.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Marner apparently would be open to playing in the Swiss league if he’s still without a contract come September.

Hearing this, a rich KHL team could also come in and swoop him up for roughly the same he would take home with his new NHL demands. At 11 mil with Toronto, Marner would only see about 5.2 million after escrow and taxes. Datsyuk takes home 3.9 and Kovalchuk took home 4.4 before he came back to the NHL.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Toronto doesnt look great. I think they're gonna feel it this year .

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:Toronto doesnt look great.  I think they're gonna feel it this year .

I can totally see a Dung show developing in Toronto with players vying for a bigger piece of salary. they say it doesn't affect morale but it will. once they can't compete because more than half the salary is being eaten up by 4 guys.

I think they also think this is the year they win the cup because they are in cap hell after. still, don't see how they're better than last year. still not an amazing D, slightly above average G and slightly irresponsible firepower upfront.

great regular season material but not so in the playoffs.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Bill Guerin as Minnesota GM.

I dunno. Unproven I guess but I thought Poile was gonna be a slam dunk of a GM.
I'd still argue that he might have had some ideological differences in direction with ownership.

will be interesting if not entertaining to see what Bill tries to pull to make the wild into a contender in the short run.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 62 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum