You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 14]

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
I still donít understand why the sens havenít locked up duchene. Clearly wants to stay and the sens need some star power if theyíre to have some draw to the team.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Apparently the Sens and Duchene's agent are talking now, so that's a start. There's no huge rush at this point. Hopefully he's happy with the youth on the team and sees the future being bright.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Im a little late to the news but did Dorion say he was working on a contract extension with Duchene?

I think we need some of that kind of news

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Diddle man. Duchene, Stone, Chabot, White, Lajoie, Jaros are such nice building blocks. I truly hope they can extend him and stone.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
He did an interview with TSN during one of the intermissions but I didn't hear it. Stupid Planet Fitness plays Sportsnet so almost never see the Sens. But from what I heard on Twitter he did not specifically mention how negotiations were going. No details, but he appeared pleased. Of course that could have been the score or the crowd's reaction to the DJ.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Formenton was sent to junior after the game. Probably the right move, especially when you consider that we'll have Pageau, Smith, Tkachuk and maybe other forwards I'm forgetting coming back from injury.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Probably the right move.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
I think itís fine. I donít think it will harm his development and he can benefit from being one of the main guy on his team. Should be fun to watch him at the World juniors.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Of course it's the right move. He was doing very little up here.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
https://youtu.be/08s76gtxjZc

Holy Dung.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Not even shaking my head anymore.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
This isnít a big deal lol, just stupid that the driver posted that . I bet every single team talks like that at some point in time. Everyone does. Itís not like the coach will be here past this year anyway

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Yeah Iím sure this happens but itís bad optics.
And it does speak of the disconnect thatís happening. And maybe it speaks that Raymond might not be a suitable communicator or teacher.
Might actually do some good though if coaches know now that whatever theyíre doing isnít working.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It's always interesting to get insight into how the players actually feel. As Ev said, this type of thing happens with players on every single pro sports franchise on the planet. It's just hilarious and sad that it's once again the Sens in the spotlight.

It's also too bad that it's "vets" like Wideman and Duchene ripping the assistant coach in front of Formenton and Chabot - doesn't exactly convey the leadership you would expect. It's also interesting how little responsibility they take for the team's poor special teams.

Anyway, I'm not gonna try to read too much into it because these discussions are normal when players assume they have privacy.

It's also quite funny that the Sens and Uber have a business partnership.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I am happy this happened. Sheds more light into the terrible coaching they are getting. Duchene was right, the only special teams coach to have the worst PP and PK in a calendar year. It also puts spotlight on how frustrated the players are and how what Boucher is doing continues not to work.

Joel Quenneville got fired today. Stevens fired last week. I was at the Buffalo game Saturday. It was the worst hockey I had ever seen. I was certain Boucher and his coaching staff would get fired after that game. They're on pace to set a franchise record for shots against over a season. If Anderson goes down they're toast. I would love to see the Sens bring in Quenneville. Boucher is done at the end of the season anyway, so you may as well try to salvage this season and get your players happy. The argument of Eugene not having money - he's deploying a team at less than the cap floor right now, and moves can be made at the deadline or sooner to shed salary (Ceci, Boro, Pyatt, Paajarvi, Harpur, etc). No excuses not to address this now.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
One thing to keep in mind is that Duchene and Wideman are usually not involved with the PK (Duchene a little but certainly not first unit).

That said, even though he said he hasn't paid attention that's 100% false. He paid enough attention to notice that Raymond was just commentating and not teaching. That's a pretty astute comment for someone not paying attention.

Last edited by wprager on Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Joel Quennville would be amazing. Yes please.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:Joel Quennville would be amazing. †Yes please.

Joel Quennville will command a salary higher than our entire current coaching staff put together. There is no chance he winds up in Ottawa.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum