You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 38]

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:I know this never happens. But letís assume two hypotheticals. 1) stone wants to sign and 2) the sens offer him the right contract with proper AAV and bonuses etc. In this scenario, would it not make all the sense in the world for both sens and stone to agree to trade him at the deadline to help the future of the club? Again I know itís highly unlikely, but thatís what I would do if I was in the players shoes. Leaving the team for three or four months to gain assets for the team. Just brainstorming here. The only issue is I donít know if you could let the public know thatís the plan

As you said, this never happens. †Plekanec is the only recent example that comes to mind. †

You're right in saying that it makes sense, but it just won't happen. †Also, I don't think you could let anyone know this plan in advance, and also why would Stone trust Melnyk?

I'm not sure why trusting Melnyk matters. If he backed out of the agreement, he just goes and signs somewhere else. In this scenario, the agreed upon contract includes a NTC.

I know it won't happen, I just wish it did. Look at Tavares, guy could have been traded for a lot at the deadline and then came back to NYI who are vastly improved with a weak roster. He "wanted to win", well I think he could have done that in NYI if he did the scenario aboce

Iíd absolutely love if players started thinking like this. Hockey is a business and business is good when you win. Help your team at all costs.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
anyone see if Duchene will play Saturday?

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
Ev wrote:anyone see if Duchene will play Saturday?

I didnít think he was even on the road with them, but that doesnít matter all the time. As of now, 0% chance in my opinion.

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
I wish LA wasnít -190 tonight.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:

I didnít think he was even on the road with them, but that doesnít matter all the time. As of now, 0% chance in my opinion.

Yeah I was thinking he might fly in for the San Jose game, since he's had the kid.

Also Anders Nilsson getting the start again. I too would have bet LA but that's a ridiculous price for a terrible team.

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Yeah I was thinking he might fly in for the San Jose game, since he's had the kid.

Also Anders Nilsson getting the start again. I too would have bet LA but that's a ridiculous price for a terrible team.

It almost makes me want to put the Sens +180 in a parlay with the Islanders.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Hey, Lagoon, sorry if leaving out one 'r' in the make confused you. Also my bad assuming a hot shot rookie is actually a second year pro. It happens. But if you somehow think that your post was crystal clear then let me dry you straight. It wasn't.

Let's re-visit this discussion at a later time. When we know what draft pick the Sens will give to Colorado. I don't think it will be #1 but sometimes, yes, you get struck my lightning. And even if Colorado does something get Hughes, I doubt he's going to be much more effective than Tkachuk. Guess we'll have to wait another couple years for that.

And all those other "elite centers" those names your reeled off, have of them will never be not than 3C or a KHL "star".

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Oh, and another thing. No-one here had ever owned an NHL team or any large business. We have no idea what guess into it. †A team already struggling with attendance, a hated owner and a fan base that doesn't trust the current management - and you are suggesting they should have pretty much said "Yeah, we were 30th last year, but we're going to be even worse next year. Right.

Of course Melnyk should sell. Of course he's broke and can't afford to do the right thing and spend this team out of the hole they're in. Of course he should do all that. But we're not the owner. It's easy for us to say what he should do, but is that what we would be doing if we were him?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Hey, no one is celebrating White's overtime winner. They wrapped the game puck in White take like they do for "firsts" and wrote "Beau Duchene" on it. That's the name of Duchene's baby boy.

They *are* a team. Just not a very good one yet.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Nilsson will play against the Kings, back to back. Are we back to win-and-you're-in?

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Back to back Ws on the California road trip. Nilsson playing well. Brings back fond memories of the Hamburglar run. It ain't gonna happen this time around, but a couple Ws are nice.

White got knocked out of the game with an upper body injury and will miss about two weeks...that stinks. Harpur's also injured. Apparently Wolanin and DeMelo were a pairing last night and played really well together.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I tried to watch, but couldn't stay awake past halfway through the 2nd. Wolanin is a really nice young player. Loves to rush the puck. When chabot is back it should be a nice 1-2 punch on the left side, hopefully leaving lajoie lesser assignments.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:I tried to watch, but couldn't stay awake past halfway through the 2nd. †Wolanin is a really nice young player. †Loves to rush the puck. †When chabot is back it should be a nice 1-2 punch on the left side, hopefully leaving lajoie lesser assignments.

I like that 1-2 punch as well. Marc Methot would be the perfect guy to have as the 3rd LD if the team is interested. He should be much cheaper after a couple of injury plagued years. He's definitely not as good as he was before, and would not last a whole season, but it would be an easy PR move and I don't see why he wouldn't be interested. I'm not sure contenders will be pining for him.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Gabriel Gagne traded to Toronto for Morgan Klimchuk. No real NHL potential for either, but Klimchuk is the much better AHLer.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Back to back Ws on the California road trip. †Nilsson playing well. †Brings back fond memories of the Hamburglar run. †It ain't gonna happen this time around, but a couple Ws are nice. †

White got knocked out of the game with an upper body injury and will miss about two weeks...that stinks. †Harpur's also injured. †Apparently Wolanin and DeMelo were a pairing last night and played really well together.

Just something else I wanted to mention from last night's game, Brady Tkachuk was great in front of LA's net, and drove Doughty nuts.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
hate referencing this clown, but eklund reporting today that philly has interest in stone and anderson. the only reason i am bringing this up is it does make sense in a lot of ways for philadelphia. can't salvage this season but stone and anderson provide a lot of stability, mentorship, and skill for a team that should be competing for a cup (imo).

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:hate referencing this clown, but eklund reporting today that philly has interest in stone and anderson. the only reason i am bringing this up is it does make sense in a lot of ways for philadelphia. can't salvage this season but stone and anderson provide a lot of stability, mentorship, and skill for a team that should be competing for a cup (imo).
Donít even bother bribgibg Eklund to the table around here.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Another trade Paul Carey to Boston for Goloubef.... frankly is this Dorion showing he can build a competitive team... in Belleville?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 38]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum