You are not connected. Please login or register

» Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
hate referencing this clown, but eklund reporting today that philly has interest in stone and anderson. the only reason i am bringing this up is it does make sense in a lot of ways for philadelphia. can't salvage this season but stone and anderson provide a lot of stability, mentorship, and skill for a team that should be competing for a cup (imo).

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:hate referencing this clown, but eklund reporting today that philly has interest in stone and anderson. the only reason i am bringing this up is it does make sense in a lot of ways for philadelphia. can't salvage this season but stone and anderson provide a lot of stability, mentorship, and skill for a team that should be competing for a cup (imo).
Don’t even bother bribgibg Eklund to the table around here.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Another trade Paul Carey to Boston for Goloubef.... frankly is this Dorion showing he can build a competitive team... in Belleville?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:Another trade Paul Carey to Boston for Goloubef.... frankly is this Dorion showing he can build a competitive team... in Belleville?

Harpur injured, Wolanin probably staying up with big club. And then trades at deadline could happen.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I think they're trying to vault the B-Sens to the playoffs where they could add Wolanin, Lajoie, Tkachuk, and White and compete for the Calder. It's a low cost, low risk idea that could have long-term benefits for a lot of the Sens' younger players.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I should also add Jaros to the list above. And if the Sens decide to trade Ceci he's another RHD that can long some NHL minutes and probably isn't any worse than him defensively.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
^^ and Balcers and Paul

Just realized they were last in the division so who the hell knows what's going on

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Sens have no chance. Zero. Less, even. Top two centers, top D-man and a 2nd pairing guy, #1 goaltender - all out of the lineup. Sharks are hot. They are also pissed off losing 6-2 back in early December.

On the other hand, it's a trap game - first home game after a road trip.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Sens have no chance. Zero. Less, even. Top two centers, top D-man and a 2nd pairing guy, #1 goaltender - all out of the lineup. Sharks are hot. They are also pissed off losing 6-2 back in early December.

On the other hand, it's a trap game - first home game after a road trip.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:^^ and Balcers and Paul

Just realized they were last in the division so who the hell knows what's going on

They are in last place but only 5 points away from what I read somewhere today. No I can be specific I sign remember where it was so a strong push could see Belleville back in playoff contention

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I'm catching up on the Kings game. On the tying goal they had 4 forwards on: Ryan *centering* Stone and Tkachuk with Dzingel on the left point. Ryan gets kicked out of the faceoff and Stone takes over. The faceoff is a tie but that's a pretty big forward line and they who up controlling the puck.

Who needs centers.

Last edited by wprager on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Also on that play Tkachuk was right on the edge of the crease. Got pushed by the defenseman just enough to bump into Quick a little.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
The eventual winning goal was a pretty weak effort by Quick. Tierney want going anywhere so all he had to do was hug the post. Instead he leaves away and Tierney picked the corner.

But the entire shift was spent inside the Kings zone with some impressive board work by Balcers.
He ended up with a secondary assist but his play leading up to the goal was very good.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Why did Doughty not get the gate on the hit from behind on Tkachuk? Right in the numbers, 3 feet from the boards?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Wolanin's goal was "unassisted" but Tkachuk had his butt right in Quick's face again.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:Also on that play Tkachuk was right on the edge of the crease. Got pushed by the defenseman just enough to bump into Quick a little.

Tkatchuk is awesome. He's always in front of the net, it's fantastic.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Anyone watch the game last night? Pretty even have for the most part. Couple of someway flukey goals in the third, then the empty net to make it 4-1. Considering the lineup they iced that was pretty impressive.

Duchene will be back for the next game, Chabot should be getting close as well. The initial three weeks estimate is up this Friday, so if he's at all ahead of schedule he could draw back in very soon.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Chabot expected to play Wednesday. Harpur and Anderson still out. Duchene, of course, will sleep be back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum