You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 65 ... 72  Next

Go down  Message [Page 59 of 72]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I still think the Leafs have enough talent to be better.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:Also, to keep speaking out of turn, most hockey players tend to be quick witted. It is almost a necessity. Colin White is not the sharpest in that regard. Anyone know what I’m taking about?

Lol, I rarely listen to these guys speak, but I'm not real surprised.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I think the long and the short will be that Matthews and mariner and tavares and nylander will all come up underwhelming in the category of finding that extra gear and not allowing your team to lose - a la Crosby and alfie to a lesser degree. And then we'll see their crucifixions in Toronto and it will be a very inauspicious beginning to their long, expensive contracts.

I also dont understand how they bought so few ufa years of matthews contract for 11.3 million. Yikes!

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Dubas had one objective going into the playoffs - fix his defence. He brought in a good d-man (paid a high price for Muzzin) who is being used as a second pairing guy behind their only decent d-man in Rielly. He needed a RHD with Gardiner struggling and the rest of their RHD inept.

Fun fact:

Toronto has scored 259 goals - 2nd most in the league. Rielly contributed on 26.25%.
Ottawa has scored 213 goals - 16th in the league. Chabot contributed on 23%. Missed 10 games...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
What do you guys think Nilsson next year? We still have Condon around but nowhere to really be seen, Nilsson getting more starts than Andy.
You gotta resign Nilsson. Try and trade Andy during the next season get hogberg as a back up at that point.

That would leave Daccord and Gustavsson in Belleville to develop

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:What do you guys think Nilsson next year? We still have Condon around but nowhere to really be seen, Nilsson getting more starts than Andy.
You gotta resign Nilsson. Try and trade Andy during the next season get hogberg as a back up at that point.

I don't think it's gonna happen. Nilsson is good, but is he any better than the common backup out there that are a dime a dozen? I'd let him go and use Andy as the veteran and have Hogberg in the NHL as the official backup for when Andy inevitably gets injured or back to back nights or when he's playing poorly. I'd look for the 2020 season as Hogberg's to steal.

Trial by fire for Hogberg, but he's earned it.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I'm going to guess that Condon gets bought out, just to not have him taking up a goalie spot somewhere. I think Hogberg and Matrix on the big club splitting time makes sense, with Gustavsson and Daccord getting the starts in the AHL/ECHL as required. The priority needs to be on developing Hogberg, Gustavsson, and Daccord, however they can accomplish that best. All of this is assuming that Daccord signs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Agreed. Nilsson was pretty useless last night on a couple of the goals, and this was his old team. I know the Senators only started playing in the 3rd and allowed a lot of shots to reach Nilsson, but he didn't really help his own cause on a few chances. If Anderson was in we might have pulled this one out.

Hogberg-Anderson platoon for a high pick.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:  All of this is assuming that Daccord signs.

Yeah, this should be noted that it's not a given by any means.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:Agreed. Nilsson was pretty useless last night on a couple of the goals, and this was his old team. I know the Senators only started playing in the 3rd and allowed a lot of shots to reach Nilsson, but he didn't really help his own cause on a few chances.  If Anderson was in we might have pulled this one out.

Hogberg-Anderson platoon for a high pick.

Devil's advocate says that this is Nilsson's first sub par performance of the month, where he was sporting some amazing numbers. I wanna say it was about .940 heading into last night, but I'm pretty lazy and don't want to look it up.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Abramov Brannstrom and Chlapik all called up for tonight game

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Abramov Brannstrom and Chlapik all called up for tonight game

Cool! I wanna get a look at Abramov. Seeing Brannstrom again won’t hurt either. 9pm start is more reasonable. I fell asleep in front of the game last night but that might have been more a reflection of the game itself and the cookie I ate than the time it was. Sarcasm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:What do you guys think Nilsson next year? We still have Condon around but nowhere to really be seen, Nilsson getting more starts than Andy.

I don't think it's gonna happen.  Nilsson is good, but is he any better than the common backup out there that are a dime a dozen?  I'd let him go and use Andy as the veteran and have Hogberg in the NHL as the official backup for when Andy inevitably gets injured or back to back nights or when he's playing poorly.  I'd look for the 2020 season as Hogberg's to steal.

These “trial by fire” on goalies rarely work out though. Goalies, even back ups usually fair better if they can be eased in. I wouldn’t want to force a decent goalie prospect in the line up. Especially if you were to have Anderson get hurt, I definitely don’t want Hogberg having to handle that many starts.

But I get the logic, and I get that we also are aimed at a top 3 pick next year..

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I don't think it's gonna happen.  Nilsson is good, but is he any better than the common backup out there that are a dime a dozen?  I'd let him go and use Andy as the veteran and have Hogberg in the NHL as the official backup for when Andy inevitably gets injured or back to back nights or when he's playing poorly.  I'd look for the 2020 season as Hogberg's to steal.

These “trial by fire” on goalies rarely work out though. Goalies, even back ups usually fair better if they can be eased in. I wouldn’t want to force a decent goalie prospect in the line up. Especially if you were to have Anderson get hurt, I definitely don’t want Hogberg having to handle that many starts.

But I get the logic, and I get that we also are aimed at a top 3 pick next year..

I don't know enough about goalie development to comment too much, but I think he's earned a ticket to the nhl next season and I also think that's why they kept Anderson (besides no one wanting the extra year)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Abramov will likely make his nhl debut.

Brannstrom will fill in for ceci.

Chlapik for Tierney

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Our veterans are trash. Smith is a train wreck, Boedker has lost all ability to be anything but rubbish, Ryan looked like an bunghole in that first. Come on.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Sophomore
Sophomore
I wonder when Hoffman gets his 40th?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It's nice for Hoffman that he's hitting a career high in goals and points (and leading his team in minus), but he couldn't have stayed on this team after the Dung that went on with Karlsson.  Plus, he seems to be an bunghole and I don't want him on my team.  Dorion crapped the bed on that trade, though, as far as I'm concerned.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 59 of 72]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 65 ... 72  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum