You are not connected. Please login or register

» Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 60 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Our veterans are trash. Smith is a train wreck, Boedker has lost all ability to be anything but rubbish, Ryan looked like an bunghole in that first. Come on.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
I wonder when Hoffman gets his 40th?

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It's nice for Hoffman that he's hitting a career high in goals and points (and leading his team in minus), but he couldn't have stayed on this team after the Dung that went on with Karlsson.  Plus, he seems to be an bunghole and I don't want him on my team.  Dorion crapped the bed on that trade, though, as far as I'm concerned.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
The trade was horrendous and add in the fact that we didn’t even need to trade a 40 goal scorer in his prime if we had the proper management dealing with internal issues. I don’t know of one mistake the Sens have made that is singular in nature. The wheel keeps rolling.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Eugene just can’t help himself can he? The latest 17 hours of radio segments have been paradise for haters. He thinks we still have Jared Cowen.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
He's a jackass and I don't see him lasting long. That's probably why he feels he can say whatever he wants now. I'm just hoping that's the case. If we get a new owner, with all the assets we have we will be good. If not, highly doubtful.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:The trade was horrendous and add in the fact that we didn’t even need to trade a 40 goal scorer in his prime if we had the proper management dealing with internal issues. I don’t know of one mistake the Sens have made that is singular in nature. The wheel keeps rolling.

Exactly! If the management had dealt with things properly then we'd still have Hoffman, Karlsson, Stone, Duchene and Dzingel.

- Unknown Author

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Lagoon wrote:The trade was horrendous and add in the fact that we didn’t even need to trade a 40 goal scorer in his prime if we had the proper management dealing with internal issues. I don’t know of one mistake the Sens have made that is singular in nature. The wheel keeps rolling.

Exactly!  If the management had dealt with things properly then we'd still have Hoffman, Karlsson, Stone, Duchene and Dzingel.

Even under proper ownership/management one of Karlsson or Hoffman would have had to go after what went down.

I'd say if we did have a loaded, respected owner, Karlsson, Stone and Duchene would be here but the others wouldn't.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
And I still don't think trading Karlsson was the worst thing in the world. But there's no denying that this team just can't become great again under Eugene.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Exactly!  If the management had dealt with things properly then we'd still have Hoffman, Karlsson, Stone, Duchene and Dzingel.

And that’s the line of thought they are desperately trying to separate themselves from. They Cussed up the year after we lost methot. Sensible thought would have that we should have tried to replace him and deepen ourselves with another top 6 guy and that didn’t happen. We relied on a very inexperienced back end and virtually replaced Turris with Duchene. That’s a lot less than needed. And they did that because they were cheap, plain as day. Melnyk said he’d be all in if we were good but final 4 didn’t clue into him. I think that was the final sting for players.
Everything went downhill from there.

That’s the dialogue they want fans to forget because it shows their inability to manage and properly fund a team. Of course if Eugene could convince fans that a long rebuild is the right option and he could drive fans back to the arena for another 3-4 years of profitable operations but everyone should have the long term in mind. This org can’t deliver under current ownership.

Nothing will change with that crazy Buffon at the helm.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Man is Chabot ever amazing. Holy cow.

He let loose last night, I guess he'd been itching to play

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
First time I watched a game I liked what I saw from Duclair and Veranneau looked good and seemed to always be in smart positioning

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
And I can't believe we are stuck with bodker for.another season he is not even noticeable out there was the lowest ice time last nigt

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Just what is wrong with Boedker? The Sharks brought him in for speed, but I don't see much of that. Ignoring his paycheck size, what is wrong with him as an NHL player?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
is Melnyk now working off a teleprompter or maybe Garioch fed him lines? (i didn't hear any soundbites).
this is the first time in recent memories that I've actually seen anything half sensible coming from him. but it is an admission that Dorion needs help.
https://www.tsn.ca/melnyk-on-president-search-think-of-murray-1.1279137

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:is Melnyk now working off a teleprompter or maybe Garioch fed him lines? (i didn't hear any soundbites).
this is the first time in recent memories that I've actually seen anything half sensible coming from him. but it is an admission that Dorion needs help.
https://www.tsn.ca/melnyk-on-president-search-think-of-murray-1.1279137

Who knows? It was likely screened through someone that edited Melnyk's normal drivel. It's nice that they're adding someone to hockey ops, but I ain't holding my breath that it's going to solve any problems.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:Just what is wrong with Boedker? The Sharks brought him in for speed, but I don't see much of that. Ignoring his paycheck size, what is wrong with him as an NHL player?

He started out looking good, but has nosedived. Perhaps the classic player who is not in great shape and fades as the season progresses? Also, his work on the PK was nothing special at all and he's not talented enough to get top 6 icetime.

Too bad, when he first came over I really liked him.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
He’s always been terrible. Getting him back in a trade was nothing more than the lowest salary of an aging player from the Sharks combined with least years locked up. There was no skill assessment or pro scouting involved. It was money. This is my opinion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 60 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum