You are not connected. Please login or register

» Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yep, gotta agree. The PP looks dangerous now more often than not. Probably helped by the fact that Boucher is coaching it directly now, I guess.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
They haven't (officially) given up on Nick Paul. I think Brown will be given at least the same number of years. 6'6" centers don't grow on too many trees. As he grows into his frame, adds some muscle, hopefully the injuries will become less frequent.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Boro is having a hearing today for his elbow last night. I guess he'll get a 2 game suspension.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
i'm not sure why he'd get anything more than one game, there's an elbowing minor penalty for a reason, which was missed in this case. But whatever I guess.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:i'm not sure why he'd get anything more than one game, there's an elbowing minor penalty for a reason, which was missed in this case. But whatever I guess.

Originally I thought it'd be one game, but then I thought about it some more.... Boro's a repeat offender, and it was a blatant elbow direct to the head, which resulted in a concussion.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:Boro is having a hearing today for his elbow last night.  I guess he'll get a 2 game suspension.

I wondered at the time why he did that.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Boro is having a hearing today for his elbow last night.  I guess he'll get a 2 game suspension.

I wondered at the time why he did that.

Because Diddle the Bruins, that's why!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
One game for Mr. Boro.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Maybe he brought up the fact that Gallagher drove his elbow to the back of his skull when he boarded him and for nothing.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Maybe he brought up the fact that Gallagher drove his elbow to the back of his skull when he boarded him and for nothing.

If Boro was injured on that play, guaranteed Gallagher gets a suspension. Likewise, if they guy Boro elbowed didn't get an injury, then Boro never gets a suspension. I'm not sure I like that the presence of an injury plays so much into supplemental discipline, but that's how it is.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
It's a bad suspension only in that it's not long enough. If you want to eliminate elbows to the head, accidental or not, you suspend for longer. Otherwise don't suspend at all. 1 game won't teach anyone a 'lesson'.

Wolanin called up. Sounds like they'll run 11-7 with Ceci returning to the lineup. Ceci... sigh

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Apparently they also had 9 defensemen practicing this morning. Not quite sure why they called up Wolanin if this were the case. Boro is out a game, maybe Harpur isn't ready yet?

Chabot, Lajoie, Boro, Harpur, De Melo, Ceci, Wolanin, Jaros, Wideman

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Harpur is not playing tomorrow. Even Ceci was not a lock. And they are on the road in the West, that's why Wolanin has been called up.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Avs are way too big of a favourite to bet on. This feels like a trap game for them as they play the Wild tomorrow night. I think the Sens have a decent chance to get a point at least.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Jesse Puljujarvi seems like he's on the outs in Edmonton? You think the Oils would have renewed interest in Ceci?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
I still don’t understand why the sens haven’t locked up duchene. Clearly wants to stay and the sens need some star power if they’re to have some draw to the team.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Apparently the Sens and Duchene's agent are talking now, so that's a start. There's no huge rush at this point. Hopefully he's happy with the youth on the team and sees the future being bright.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Im a little late to the news but did Dorion say he was working on a contract extension with Duchene?

I think we need some of that kind of news

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum