GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I like where this team is going and I like Crawford. He really is good at line matching and he changes tactics when things are going against Ottawa to counter the other coaches strategy a lot. Very impressed.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:I like where this team is going and I like Crawford.  He really is good at line matching and he changes tactics when things are going against Ottawa to counter the other coaches strategy a lot.  Very impressed.

I don’t know how I feel about Crawford. He’s ok but it’s a case of also who could be better out there.
Whoever we hire you can pretty much bet is not going to be there for a full 3 years anyways.
I guess we should focus on a good teacher. Is Crawford that guy? Idk.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I like where this team is going and I like Crawford.  He really is good at line matching and he changes tactics when things are going against Ottawa to counter the other coaches strategy a lot.  Very impressed.

I don’t know how I feel about Crawford. He’s ok but it’s a case of also who could be better out there.
Whoever we hire you can pretty much bet is not going to be there for a full 3 years anyways.
I guess we should focus on a good teacher. Is Crawford that guy? Idk.

I dont know, I don't see anything I dont like about Crawford so far

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Maybe that's because he's trying to not do anything that Boucher was accused of overdoing.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Don't get attached to Crawford. He's as good as gone, me thinks.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Alright. I don't care about much to do with the Sens right now...but let's crush the Leafs.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Alright.  I don't care about much to do with the Sens right now...but let's crush the Leafs.
I can absolutely get behind this!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:Don't get attached to Crawford.  He's as good as gone, me thinks.

Yeah, kind of too bad considering he appears to be a cerebral coach who uses line matches and isn't afraid to alter strategy in game. But I guess anyone coming in will do this.

Boucher didn't though, that's for sure

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
The TSN turning point was when the idiot ref decided to call Tkachuk on that play in front of them net where the Leaf guy has his stick clearly chicken-winged. What the hell are you looking at to call just that one penalty? You're right in front of the play.

Cussing moron changed the entire game with one blown call.

And furthermore, we need a C who can win faceoffs if we want to compete in a few years. Dominating faceoff C is something that is a must if we want to go all the way.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I'm not sure what you're so angry about following a glorious victory over the blue team. Nice to see Anderson have a real solid game. Garret Sparks was pretty terrible for Toronto. The Sens were outshot quite badly.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:I'm not sure what you're so angry about following a glorious victory over the blue team. Nice to see Anderson have a real solid game. Garret Sparks was pretty terrible for Toronto. The Sens were outshot quite badly.

Yeah true, just airing out what I think is a spectacularly bad call. In no way should Toronto been gifted that PP and really, it was a humongous turning point. We pushed back, which we're all not used to, but Dung...

Anderson was amazing, yes, totally agree.

There were a lot of positives, I just figured I didn't need to really say it. Anderson, Duclair (again), Chabot (again), Smith was good. I like our little team of youthful energy!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Tkachuk is awesome lol

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I also think the Nick Schmaltz contract paves the way for an 8 year 5.5-6 for white, where you overpay at the start and hopefully underpaying in the second half.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
This Leafs team is going to be eviscerated by Boston. Forget about game 7 meltdowns. It will be long over by then.

As for faceoffs, when was the last time a center came into the league and won over 50% in their first or second year? You almost never see that.

White will improve.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/expect-marc-crawford-to-be-in-the-mix-when-senators-coaching-search-begins

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
You know you b*tch and moan about how this organization never hurts a coach with NHL pedigree, either promoting an assistant or bringing in someone from the minors. Well, Crawford had a ton of NHL. HC experience, including a Cup ring.

He came with Boucher, true, but it's not like he was Guy's protege.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Marc Crawford is crazy and I really don't see him being a fit here after this season. Maybe he really has changed though..?

Also, Nazem Kadri is still a little Wing Dang Doodle, and good guy Craig Anderson coming in to pull him off Chabot at the end of the game. Kadri took a big, needless run at Chabot with time winding down, and it's too bad we didn't have a Boro or a Chris Neil out there to pound him into retirement.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:Marc Crawford is crazy and I really don't see him being a fit here after this season. Maybe he really has changed though..?  

Also, Nazem Kadri is still a little Wing Dang Doodle, and good guy Craig Anderson coming in to pull him off Chabot at the end of the game. Kadri took a big, needless run at Chabot with time winding down, and it's too bad we didn't have a Boro or a Chris Neil out there to pound him into retirement.

Watch how a playoff team like Boston makes kadri take needless penalties over and over again. Theres no room for small Wing Dang Doodle like that come playoff time. What a loser that loser is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum