You are not connected. Please login or register

» Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
You know you b*tch and moan about how this organization never hurts a coach with NHL pedigree, either promoting an assistant or bringing in someone from the minors. Well, Crawford had a ton of NHL. HC experience, including a Cup ring.

He came with Boucher, true, but it's not like he was Guy's protege.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Marc Crawford is crazy and I really don't see him being a fit here after this season. Maybe he really has changed though..?

Also, Nazem Kadri is still a little Wing Dang Doodle, and good guy Craig Anderson coming in to pull him off Chabot at the end of the game. Kadri took a big, needless run at Chabot with time winding down, and it's too bad we didn't have a Boro or a Chris Neil out there to pound him into retirement.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:Marc Crawford is crazy and I really don't see him being a fit here after this season. Maybe he really has changed though..?  

Also, Nazem Kadri is still a little Wing Dang Doodle, and good guy Craig Anderson coming in to pull him off Chabot at the end of the game. Kadri took a big, needless run at Chabot with time winding down, and it's too bad we didn't have a Boro or a Chris Neil out there to pound him into retirement.

Watch how a playoff team like Boston makes kadri take needless penalties over and over again. Theres no room for small Wing Dang Doodle like that come playoff time. What a loser that loser is.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I didnt realize boedker was scratched. That takes nuts from Crawford.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
We can talk all we want about white but what kind of contract would we want for a guy like wolanin.
So we go long and hope to keep the avv low or is it still a 1year prove me contract.
I guess we have to know where Ceci is start of next season and how close Brannstrom is also. That left side could get busy quite fast. I wonder if 5 years at 4.

Btw is there a sight out there that can tell you how many years a player has TIL UFA? I get a little confused with collegiate players

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Did you guys hear during the broadcast yesterday that the Sens have asked the league for help in finding someone for the head of hockey operations? It sounds like the league is starting to step into the situation in Ottawa. Probably witnessing what a Dung show it’s becoming.

Apparently plenty of candidates were asked to join but the more interesting names have refused. No one wants to work with Melnyk and who can blame them.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:We can talk all we want about white but what kind of contract would we want for a guy like wolanin.
So we go long and hope to keep the avv low or is it still a 1year prove me contract.
I guess we have to know where Ceci is start of next season and how close Brannstrom is also. That left side could get busy quite fast. I wonder if 5 years at 4.

Btw is there a sight out there that can tell you how many years a player has TIL UFA? I get a little confused with collegiate players

Did you say 5 years for Wolanin at 4 million? That’s way too much. He should get 1-2 years at a low amount.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Let me first preface this by saying I abhor Kadri. The fact that the is not walking with a crutch is a testament to how soft the game has become.

That said, he is probably the only Leafs forward who is able or willing to play like that.  What he did in the waning minutes of a lost game was just frustration. Possibly frustration with his own teammates for playing like a bunch of superstars in an All Star Game. They could use a couple more players like him. And some defense.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Apparently plenty of candidates were asked to join but the more interesting names have refused. No one wants to work with Melnyk and who can blame them.

The only people that will take our President of Hockey Ops job will be the more desperate candidates. They will report directly to Melnyk and obviously his reputation as a boss is terrible.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:We can talk all we want about white but what kind of contract would we want for a guy like wolanin.

Did you say 5 years for Wolanin at 4 million? That’s way too much. He should get 1-2 years at a low amount.

I'd love to do an 8 year for wolanin. I love that player

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:

i think he’s a#4 guy. Probably be worth more than that by year 3 so yeah it’s a bit much for now but winds up being a good deal after. That said our left side looks pretty set once Brannstrom makes the team but it be good to have 3 guys on the left that can play top 4. That’s an area of strength if we can build on. Our right side is pretty weak. Especially if Ceci is gone.

I still believe we need to make a move to acquire another D prospect that’s on the verge of making it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:

I'd love to do an 8 year for wolanin.  I love that player
I think he’s shown a lot this year but in the grand scheme of things I’m not sure that’s a guy that’s here 4 years down the line. I feel that’s a guy that they will give bigger minutes to, pump his value and trade for another area of need eventually. He might be too good to play behind Brannstrom and Chabot. Personally I’d keep him and build on that strength.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:

I think he’s shown a lot this year but in the grand scheme of things I’m not sure that’s a guy that’s here 4 years down the line. I feel that’s a guy that they will give bigger minutes to, pump his value and trade for another area of need eventually. He might be too good to play behind Brannstrom and Chabot. Personally I’d keep him and build on that strength.

I think either him and Brannstrom will play the right. It's inevitable

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:

I think either him and Brannstrom will play the right.   It's inevitable

Didn’t wolanin play the right for a few games this year?
I’m not against it but guys got to be able to do it right.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:

Someone did, I thought it was brannstrom but I could be wrong.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:

Someone did, I thought it was brannstrom but I could be wrong.
it would be optimal if Brannstrom could play the right but IIRC usually they tend to put the top talents on their natural sides and the complementary players on the off(if they need to).

I’m still not convinced with our D going forward.
Chabot dimielo (has been good but is dimielo really the optimal partner for Chabot Ina few years?)
Brannstrom Jaros (is Jaros legitimately a top 4 guy or just a really good bottom pairing guy)
Wolanin JBD (once he’s ready, if he’s ready. We could be a while away from that.

Any way I cut it I still see we need to trade for a top 4 RHD top”ish” prospect.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
On a similar note apparently the canes are having problems getting Adam Fox into a contract. I’m not sure what the kid wants or what his plans are but if he could agree to sign with us he could be worth the trade. D imagine that his value has gone down a little since he doesn’t want to sign with just anybody. No way of knowing if he’s biased against Canadian teams though.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
The only way I see Fox signing here is if his Team USA buddies convince him to come. Luckily for us, he's probably buddies with Tkachuk, Brown, and Norris and I am sure knows Batherson and Formenton as well. Doesn't hurt having Veronneau on the team as as a former NCAA player.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum