You are not connected. Please login or register

» Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:We can talk all we want about white but what kind of contract would we want for a guy like wolanin.
So we go long and hope to keep the avv low or is it still a 1year prove me contract.
I guess we have to know where Ceci is start of next season and how close Brannstrom is also. That left side could get busy quite fast. I wonder if 5 years at 4.

Btw is there a sight out there that can tell you how many years a player has TIL UFA? I get a little confused with collegiate players

Did you say 5 years for Wolanin at 4 million? That’s way too much. He should get 1-2 years at a low amount.

I'd love to do an 8 year for wolanin.  I love that player
I think he’s shown a lot this year but in the grand scheme of things I’m not sure that’s a guy that’s here 4 years down the line. I feel that’s a guy that they will give bigger minutes to, pump his value and trade for another area of need eventually. He might be too good to play behind Brannstrom and Chabot. Personally I’d keep him and build on that strength.

I think either him and Brannstrom will play the right.   It's inevitable

Didn’t wolanin play the right for a few games this year?
I’m not against it but guys got to be able to do it right.

Someone did, I thought it was brannstrom but I could be wrong.
it would be optimal if Brannstrom could play the right but IIRC usually they tend to put the top talents on their natural sides and the complementary players on the off(if they need to).

I’m still not convinced with our D going forward.
Chabot dimielo (has been good but is dimielo really the optimal partner for Chabot Ina few years?)
Brannstrom Jaros (is Jaros legitimately a top 4 guy or just a really good bottom pairing guy)
Wolanin JBD (once he’s ready, if he’s ready. We could be a while away from that.

Any way I cut it I still see we need to trade for a top 4 RHD top”ish” prospect.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
On a similar note apparently the canes are having problems getting Adam Fox into a contract. I’m not sure what the kid wants or what his plans are but if he could agree to sign with us he could be worth the trade. D imagine that his value has gone down a little since he doesn’t want to sign with just anybody. No way of knowing if he’s biased against Canadian teams though.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
The only way I see Fox signing here is if his Team USA buddies convince him to come. Luckily for us, he's probably buddies with Tkachuk, Brown, and Norris and I am sure knows Batherson and Formenton as well. Doesn't hurt having Veronneau on the team as as a former NCAA player.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
My futures record this year made me a good amount of money. The only one I didn’t get right is McDavid winning the Art Ross.

I won the Sens under 72.5, Anaheim under 96, Vegas over 92, Bo Horvat over 49, Taylor Hall under 82, and I just assume OV will win me the Rocket.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:My futures record this year made me a good amount of money. The only one I didn’t get right is McDavid winning the Art Ross.

I won the Sens under 72.5, Anaheim under 96, Vegas over 92, Bo Horvat over 49, Taylor Hall under 82, and I just assume OV will win me the Rocket.

Got sens wrong and Vegas right. First year in 3-4 years I didn’t bet on Ovechkin. I didn’t do player bets this year.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:My futures record this year made me a good amount of money. The only one I didn’t get right is McDavid winning the Art Ross.

Got sens wrong and Vegas right. First year in 3-4 years I didn’t bet on Ovechkin. I didn’t do player bets this year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Sens sign Daccord to a 2 year ELC. He'll remain with the team for the remainder of the season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Daccord was drafted in 2015, along with Chabot, White, Wolanin, Jaros, and Chlapik.

Filip Ahl and Gabriel Gagne are the others from that draft.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I swear, this team does better when Ceci is injured or at least not on against the other team's best line. I don't really know how to explain what he did on the second goal. Did he think he was playing forward?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
By the way, some may have missed it, but Tuesday the end of that Leafs game the Sens music guy played Hall and Oates' You Make My Dreams Come True. That's the Leafs goal song. Epic trolling.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
That was a beauty of a goal by Veronneau. Some nice moves by Ryan also (who we should note has had a healthy year)

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Daccord was drafted in 2015, along with Chabot, White, Wolanin, Jaros, and Chlapik.

Filip Ahl and Gabriel Gagne are the others from that draft.

That’s looking like one of the better drafts in a long while. What ever happened to Ahl?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Sens sign Daccord to a 2 year ELC. He'll remain with the team for the remainder of the season.

I really don’t mind losing a year of ELCat that age. He’s still got a fairly long time under team control. I’m still left wondering what the org’s view on goaltending next year. Are they going to keep Nilsson or give Condon another shot? I imagine between Daccord, Gustavsson and Hogberg someone will start in the ECHL.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I was very happy to see them sign Daccord. Having three legit goalie prospects is a nice problem to have. Condon's gotta be bought out this summer.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Sens send Wolanin down to Belleville and brig back Andreas Englund. With Brannstrom out this is a good move for Belleville who is in a fight for the playoffs

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Sens send Wolanin down to Belleville and brig back Andreas Englund. With Brannstrom out this is a good move for Belleville who is in a fight for the playoffs
Solid move. It’s more important to see if this team can make a dent into the playoffs in the A than the couple of games left in Ottawa.

Do they have Playoff game per game prices to watch the AHL?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:I was very happy to see them sign Daccord.  Having three legit goalie prospects is a nice problem to have.  Condon's gotta be bought out this summer.

If it saves money for Melnyk then you know it will happen.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hi hope that if we do resign Nilsson the org doesn’t give out more than a one year contract. Learn from your mistakes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum