You are not connected. Please login or register

Belleville Sens Talk

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 17]

211 Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:03 pm

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Really impressive play by Brown to come back from a wasted year, have another injury, then roar up to where he's in the vicinity of a PPG. Pretty much as impressive as Nick Paul getting send up and down like a yo yo and dominating the AHL. Some good stuff down there!

212 Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:11 pm

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
It should also be noted that Batherson is still learning the finer points of wing, as I believe he has always been a C - and if Ottawa needs a C...

213 Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:16 am

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Ok *tonight* they better not mess up.

Belleville still has 6D so neither of the callups may go back. Not crazy about that.

214 Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:23 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
If they go back they're playing 3 nights in a row (assuming they play tomorrow against the Leafs) which is against PA regulations. They granted Duclair an exception for his first game with Ottawa.

But you don't want to burn these guys out. They should be sending Braanstrom back down.

215 Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:25 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:If they go back they're playing 3 nights in a row (assuming they play tomorrow against the Leafs) which is against PA regulations. They granted Duclair an exception for his first game with Ottawa.

But you don't want to burn these guys out. They should be sending Braanstrom back down.

How is that against regulations when they do that all the time in the AHL

216 Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:28 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:Really impressive play by Brown to come back from a wasted year, have another injury, then roar up to where he's in the vicinity of a PPG. †Pretty much as impressive as Nick Paul getting send up and down like a yo yo and dominating the AHL. †Some good stuff down there!

That's why AHL development is so important. Had Lazar played in the A for a year his career could have ended up being much different. I was concerned that Tkachuk is being rushed but he seems to be able to handle it. Can't wait for him to take a huge step next year.

As for Paul, he has been the victim of bad luck, injuries, coaching, and bad linemates. There are also some late bloomers in the AHL, and some players that are AHL elite and not fit for the NHL (ex: Varone, Prince). Not sure where Paul fits but he is deserving of a one-year one-way contract to prove himself in the NHL.

Not saying that Ottawa will make the playoffs next year or the year after that, but they have a lot of really good pieces going forward. It seems to be the vets (Ceci, Boedker, Ryan, Smith) that are costing them games

217 Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:57 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Tonight's game is free on Facebook Watch. Whatever that is.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

218 Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Duclair played 3 in 3 when he was traded to Ottawa. Of the player agrees to it it's allowed.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

219 Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Really impressive play by Brown to come back from a wasted year, have another injury, then roar up to where he's in the vicinity of a PPG. †Pretty much as impressive as Nick Paul getting send up and down like a yo yo and dominating the AHL. †Some good stuff down there!

That's why AHL development is so important. Had Lazar played in the A for a year his career could have ended up being much different. I was concerned that Tkachuk is being rushed but he seems to be able to handle it. Can't wait for him to take a huge step next year.

As for Paul, he has been the victim of bad luck, injuries, coaching, and bad linemates. There are also some late bloomers in the AHL, and some players that are AHL elite and not fit for the NHL (ex: Varone, Prince). Not sure where Paul fits but he is deserving of a one-year one-way contract to prove himself in the NHL.

Not saying that Ottawa will make the playoffs next year or the year after that, but they have a lot of really good pieces going forward. It seems to be the vets (Ceci, Boedker, Ryan, Smith) that are costing them games †

Agreed. I doubt anything will stop brown, batherson and paul from being a line in Ottawa next year and the sens handled brown and batherson relatively well getting them good time in bellville

220 Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:08 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Bah! One point better than nothing, I guess. The Laval goalie had a horseshoe in his rear end for the half game they played hard.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

221 Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:37 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Really impressive play by Brown to come back from a wasted year, have another injury, then roar up to where he's in the vicinity of a PPG. †Pretty much as impressive as Nick Paul getting send up and down like a yo yo and dominating the AHL. †Some good stuff down there!

That's why AHL development is so important. Had Lazar played in the A for a year his career could have ended up being much different. I was concerned that Tkachuk is being rushed but he seems to be able to handle it. Can't wait for him to take a huge step next year.

As for Paul, he has been the victim of bad luck, injuries, coaching, and bad linemates. There are also some late bloomers in the AHL, and some players that are AHL elite and not fit for the NHL (ex: Varone, Prince). Not sure where Paul fits but he is deserving of a one-year one-way contract to prove himself in the NHL.

Not saying that Ottawa will make the playoffs next year or the year after that, but they have a lot of really good pieces going forward. It seems to be the vets (Ceci, Boedker, Ryan, Smith) that are costing them games †

Agreed. † I doubt †anything will stop brown, batherson and paul from being a line in Ottawa next year and the sens handled brown and batherson relatively well getting them good time in bellville

Hopefully Brown has caught up to his size and the injuries are behind him that's my only concern with him now after the way he has been playing of late

222 Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Really impressive play by Brown to come back from a wasted year, have another injury, then roar up to where he's in the vicinity of a PPG. †Pretty much as impressive as Nick Paul getting send up and down like a yo yo and dominating the AHL. †Some good stuff down there!

That's why AHL development is so important. Had Lazar played in the A for a year his career could have ended up being much different. I was concerned that Tkachuk is being rushed but he seems to be able to handle it. Can't wait for him to take a huge step next year.

As for Paul, he has been the victim of bad luck, injuries, coaching, and bad linemates. There are also some late bloomers in the AHL, and some players that are AHL elite and not fit for the NHL (ex: Varone, Prince). Not sure where Paul fits but he is deserving of a one-year one-way contract to prove himself in the NHL.

Not saying that Ottawa will make the playoffs next year or the year after that, but they have a lot of really good pieces going forward. It seems to be the vets (Ceci, Boedker, Ryan, Smith) that are costing them games †

Agreed. † I doubt †anything will stop brown, batherson and paul from being a line in Ottawa next year and the sens handled brown and batherson relatively well getting them good time in bellville

Hopefully Brown has caught up to his size and the injuries are behind him that's my only concern with him now after the way he has been playing of late

Yeah, big time. That's the major concern, the 2nd concern is his speed, is it nhl translatable? Otherwise he's shown the org that he can play at a really high level and be an impact player.

Again, just stick that line into the NHL next year, make it your second line and see what they can do. Batherson is gonna be unreal too, he's ready to go as well.

223 Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:11 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
PTFlea wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Really impressive play by Brown to come back from a wasted year, have another injury, then roar up to where he's in the vicinity of a PPG. †Pretty much as impressive as Nick Paul getting send up and down like a yo yo and dominating the AHL. †Some good stuff down there!

That's why AHL development is so important. Had Lazar played in the A for a year his career could have ended up being much different. I was concerned that Tkachuk is being rushed but he seems to be able to handle it. Can't wait for him to take a huge step next year.

As for Paul, he has been the victim of bad luck, injuries, coaching, and bad linemates. There are also some late bloomers in the AHL, and some players that are AHL elite and not fit for the NHL (ex: Varone, Prince). Not sure where Paul fits but he is deserving of a one-year one-way contract to prove himself in the NHL.

Not saying that Ottawa will make the playoffs next year or the year after that, but they have a lot of really good pieces going forward. It seems to be the vets (Ceci, Boedker, Ryan, Smith) that are costing them games †

Agreed. † I doubt †anything will stop brown, batherson and paul from being a line in Ottawa next year and the sens handled brown and batherson relatively well getting them good time in bellville

Hopefully Brown has caught up to his size and the injuries are behind him that's my only concern with him now after the way he has been playing of late

Yeah, big time. †That's the major concern, the 2nd concern is his speed, is it nhl translatable? †Otherwise he's shown the org that he can play at a really high level and be an impact player.

Again, just stick that line into the NHL next year, make it your second line and see what they can do. †Batherson is gonna be unreal too, he's ready to go as well.
Brown hasnít been a call up this year so I a
Imagine the org doesnít think heís ready. His speed was lacking a lot at the start of the season. If I was a betting man Iíd say he starts in the AHL next year.

224 Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:50 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Belleville wins in a shootout tonight. Utica lost and Cleveland who is right behind lost tonight too giving Belleville a little more breathing room

225 Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Holy crap they almost blew it...

226 Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:30 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Brannstrom also had 3 assists tonight

227 Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yeah and nick paul had 2 and 2. †Just a huge night - a very captain like performance. †Really good for him to put up this showing in a make or break year for his career.

The pessimistic side of me is waiting for them all the be up as a line with brown and batherson and our coach puts them as a 4th line with 8 minutes a night. Like duclar recently

228 Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:56 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
This is Batherson's first year in pro. Very impressive, but if he plays another year in Belleville and dominates for a full season (while the Sens struggle on the way to a top 5 pick) is be oh with that, too. I would rather they took the over-ripe (Paul) out of Belleville and leave the kids keep progressing. There chances of them all coming up as one line are very low.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum