You are not connected. Please login or register

» Ottawa Senators » Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 Empty Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:42 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Thought it would be fun to predict next year's lineup given Melnion's comments about playing prospects and shedding age/salary as part of the rebuild. My take on how I see the Sens lineup looking next season.

Tkachuk-White-Ryan
Balcers-Pageau-Duclair
Paul-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Tierney-Gibbons
Extra: Chlapik

Chabot-De Melo
Brannstron-Jaros
Wolanin-Boro
Extra: Harpur

Anderson
Hogberg

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Not sure White will be ready for 1C next year. Don't think 1C is his ceiling, so why bother? Tierney has more experience while we wait for Brown to build his game up to 18-20 minutes per night.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
White is definitely better than Tierney IMO

Still think we will get one decently good FA

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:White is definitely better than Tierney IMO

I still hold a kindle that Duchene winds up here in the summer. I hope they throw a boat load at him again. His play isn’t meriting it in Columbus but we know what he can do here. Plus he’d have speedy wingers to play with. PLUS, if the Habs try to get him and he turns them down it be a small victory for us.

I’m not holding my breath

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:White is definitely better than Tierney IMO

If they can’t get a good FA the. They should try to eat a one or two year bad salary from another team for a good return. Those can turn around well for the team.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Thought it would be fun to predict next year's lineup given Melnion's comments about playing prospects and shedding age/salary as part of the rebuild. My take on how I see the Sens lineup looking next season.

Tkachuk-White-Ryan
Balcers-Pageau-Duclair
Paul-Brown-Batherson

Chabot-De Melo
Brannstron-Jaros
Wolanin-Boro

Anderson
Hogberg
So are we trading Boedker? I just wonder what the org’s plan is for Lindberg and Paajarvi. Are they behind Gibbons? Does Brown even make it out of camp? Does Paul finally get a shot?(is he really an NHLer or a really good AHLer that’s found his spot, I’d sure like to give him a one year shot).

I’m also not sure we want Brannstrom starting next year. I’d want to try and see if we can’t get some team to unload a one year contract for a vet Dman that we can stick in that spot. Someone maybe overpaid that we could trade another team so we get back some assets. This IMO is the kind of moves the org should be thinking of making. Wolanin would be in the top 4 anyways and then injuries could make room for Brannstrom as the season wears on.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I just noticed Belleville has a lot of D getting to UFA this summer. I can’t recall if we have anyone coming in down the pipeline that are ready for the AHL just yet. I don’t expect Tychonick or JBD to turn pro or we’d have known already. If we do land Nygard he’ll be straight to the NHL I suppose.

That’s a glaring area of weakness if you ask me. IMO this is something we should keep addressing through trade. We can draft forward prospects but if we don’t wanna be the oilers of past year we need to get ahead of the curve with Dmen.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Thought it would be fun to predict next year's lineup given Melnion's comments about playing prospects and shedding age/salary as part of the rebuild. My take on how I see the Sens lineup looking next season.

Tkachuk-White-Ryan
Balcers-Pageau-Duclair
Paul-Brown-Batherson

Chabot-De Melo
Brannstron-Jaros
Wolanin-Boro

Anderson
Hogberg
So are we trading Boedker? I just wonder what the org’s plan is for Lindberg and Paajarvi. Are they behind Gibbons? Does Brown even make it out of camp? Does Paul finally get a shot?(is he really an NHLer or a really good AHLer that’s found his spot, I’d sure like to give him a one year shot).

I’m also not sure we want Brannstrom starting next year. I’d want to try and see if we can’t get some team to unload a one year contract for a vet Dman that we can stick in that spot. Someone maybe overpaid that we could trade another team so we get back some assets. This IMO is the kind of moves the org should be thinking of making. Wolanin would be in the top 4 anyways and then injuries could make room for Brannstrom as the season wears on.

TBH you're probably right. I can see Brown, Formenton, Norris (top line in Belleville?) and Brannstrom starting in the A next year. Chlapik a possibility too.

Need Boedker, Boro, Paajarvi/Linderg to help reach cap minimum. I suspect they won't buyout Condon for the very same reason. And maybe they fit Smith in somewhere as well.

9Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:20 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I'm not saying White doesn't have a higher crooning than Tierney, but right now Tierney has better stats on both sides of the puck and in the circle. And he has been playing against Brier opposition. White needs a little more experience. And a 1 year deal to a UFA is probably the best way to go, depending on who may be available.

I would not give up anything in a trade at this point in time.

10Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:23 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Hire a couple of the coaches as player-coach. Reduce the overall payroll as coaches salaries help you reach the floor.

11Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:24 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
BTW Formenton with 4 assists as London sweeps Windsor. He leads the OHL on playoffs scoring with 11 points.

12Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Tkachuk-White-Ryan
Paul-Brown -Batherson
Gibbons- Tierney-pageau
Pajarvi - Smith- boedker
Extra balcers

Something like that

Chabot-demelo
Wolanin - jaros
Boro - free agent
Harpur

Anderson
Hogberg

13Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Tkachuk-White-Ryan
Balcers-Pageau-Duclair
Paul-Brown-Batherson

Chabot-De Melo
Brannstron-Jaros
Wolanin-Boro

Anderson
Hogberg

TBH you're probably right. I can see Brown, Formenton, Norris (top line in Belleville?) and Brannstrom starting in the A next year. Chlapik a possibility too.

Need Boedker, Boro, Paajarvi/Linderg to help reach cap minimum. I suspect they won't buyout Condon for the very same reason. And maybe they fit Smith in somewhere as well.
formenton should be nowhere near the nhl for a year or two. Brannstrom should start in the a and do 40 games as well.

14Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:22 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I think a guy like Bouwmester could be good to bring as a FA in the summer. I’m not sure the blues will resign him and he could be had on a two year deal i think.
Some vet presence. A good stop gap for Brannstrom.

15Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Bet he can't wait to sign here!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum