GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

16Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:30 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Thought it would be fun to predict next year's lineup given Melnion's comments about playing prospects and shedding age/salary as part of the rebuild. My take on how I see the Sens lineup looking next season.

Tkachuk-White-Ryan
Balcers-Pageau-Duclair
Paul-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Tierney-Gibbons
Extra: Chlapik

Chabot-De Melo
Brannstron-Jaros
Wolanin-Boro
Extra: Harpur

Anderson
Hogberg
So are we trading Boedker? I just wonder what the org’s plan is for Lindberg and Paajarvi. Are they behind Gibbons? Does Brown even make it out of camp? Does Paul finally get a shot?(is he really an NHLer or a really good AHLer that’s found his spot, I’d sure like to give him a one year shot).

I’m also not sure we want Brannstrom starting next year. I’d want to try and see if we can’t get some team to unload a one year contract for a vet Dman that we can stick in that spot. Someone maybe overpaid that we could trade another team so we get back some assets. This IMO is the kind of moves the org should be thinking of making. Wolanin would be in the top 4 anyways and then injuries could make room for Brannstrom as the season wears on.

TBH you're probably right. I can see Brown, Formenton, Norris (top line in Belleville?) and Brannstrom starting in the A next year. Chlapik a possibility too.

Need Boedker, Boro, Paajarvi/Linderg to help reach cap minimum. I suspect they won't buyout Condon for the very same reason. And maybe they fit Smith in somewhere as well.
formenton should be nowhere near the nhl for a year or two. Brannstrom should start in the a and do 40 games as well.

17Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:22 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I think a guy like Bouwmester could be good to bring as a FA in the summer. I’m not sure the blues will resign him and he could be had on a two year deal i think.
Some vet presence. A good stop gap for Brannstrom.

18Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:39 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Bet he can't wait to sign here!

19Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:38 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Nobody sees Veronneau making the big club next year?

20Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Outside of his first couple games he really hasn't done very much. Belleville is where he should start next season.

21Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:29 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Going to re-use this thread for prospect talk.

Sogaard having a rough go this season.
Pinto 2nd at UND in scoring, JBD 1st
Norris tied for 4th in rookie scoring in the AHL
Batherson tied for 4th in AHL scoring (3 points off the lead)
Lassi's scoring has cooled off but he's 3rd in team scoring

22Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:32 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Going to re-use this thread for prospect talk.

Sogaard having a rough go this season.
Pinto 2nd at UND in scoring, JBD 1st
Norris tied for 4th in rookie scoring in the AHL
Batherson tied for 4th in AHL scoring (3 points off the lead)
Lassi's scoring has cooled off but he's 3rd in team scoring

Sogaard has been really good, just a few rough outings lately. Last week he was like leading the league in some categories.

23Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Small sample size, but go Pinto and Bernard-Docker!

And Norris!

And Batherson.

Batherson is the players that needs some TLC from Smith. Come up the majors, be a part of the Tkachuk/L.Brown line and let him loose.

24Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:19 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Not yet. Brown and Paul have looked good . Batherson needs to show he can carry his own line right now

25Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=187324

Mark Kastelic is killing it!

26Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:52 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
5th on team scoring as a 20 year old. Hardly killing it lol

27Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:54 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Not yet. Brown and Paul have looked good . Batherson needs to show he can carry his own line right now

Zach Hyman would be an awesome fit to play with C.Brown and Pageau. Just talking out loud here.

28Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:5th on team scoring as a 20 year old. Hardly killing it lol

Meh, 8 goals in 8 games after scoring 47 last year as a 19 year old is pretty impressive.

I assume you realized he's played 3-4 fewer games than anyone else?

29Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Not yet. Brown and Paul have looked good . Batherson needs to show he can carry his own line right now

Zach Hyman would be an awesome fit to play with C.Brown and Pageau. Just talking out loud here.

Absolutely he would.

30Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:18 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:5th on team scoring as a 20 year old. Hardly killing it lol

Meh, 8 goals in 8 games after scoring 47 last year as a 19 year old is pretty impressive.

Didn't see that but he's also 20 playing against 16/17 year olds so keep that in mind too

31Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:18 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:

Absolutely he would.

Leafs can't afford him. They are over the cap when he and Tavares comes back. He'd be a perfect fit for this team.

32Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PTFlea wrote:

Didn't see that but he's also 20 playing against 16/17 year olds so keep that in mind too

Yeah, his age factors in - and I don't mean to really argue, but how many 16 year olds play in the OHL? Even 17 is a stretch where maybe they play half the games unless they're exceptional.

33Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PTFlea wrote:

Absolutely he would.

Leafs can't afford him. They are over the cap when he and Tavares comes back. He'd be a perfect fit for this team.

He could get a higher pick/prospect than we can afford though, I think.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum