GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:18 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Not yet. Brown and Paul have looked good . Batherson needs to show he can carry his own line right now

Zach Hyman would be an awesome fit to play with C.Brown and Pageau. Just talking out loud here.

Absolutely he would.

Leafs can't afford him. They are over the cap when he and Tavares comes back. He'd be a perfect fit for this team.

32Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:21 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:5th on team scoring as a 20 year old. Hardly killing it lol

Meh, 8 goals in 8 games after scoring 47 last year as a 19 year old is pretty impressive.

I assume you realized he's played 3-4 fewer games than anyone else?

Didn't see that but he's also 20 playing against 16/17 year olds so keep that in mind too

Yeah, his age factors in - and I don't mean to really argue, but how many 16 year olds play in the OHL? Even 17 is a stretch where maybe they play half the games unless they're exceptional.

33Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:21 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Not yet. Brown and Paul have looked good . Batherson needs to show he can carry his own line right now

Zach Hyman would be an awesome fit to play with C.Brown and Pageau. Just talking out loud here.

Absolutely he would.

Leafs can't afford him. They are over the cap when he and Tavares comes back. He'd be a perfect fit for this team.

He could get a higher pick/prospect than we can afford though, I think.

34Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:25 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Ya? You think so? My opinion is our 1sts are untouchable but our 2nds and 3rds are on the table for the right moves. Hyman is only locked up for 1 more year after this one and the Leafs are desperate. I am not so sure they're in a position to be bargaining right now.

35Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:26 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Chances are they try to move Petan and Spezza but I am not sure there will be takers and they're both on virtually NHL minimums. The Leafs are effed.

36Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ya? You think so? My opinion is our 1sts are untouchable but our 2nds and 3rds are on the table for the right moves. Hyman is only locked up for 1 more year after this one and the Leafs are desperate. I am not so sure they're in a position to be bargaining right now.

Maybe...I don't really want to give up any of our 2nds, I really don't. I'm stubborn that way.

37Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:01 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ya? You think so? My opinion is our 1sts are untouchable but our 2nds and 3rds are on the table for the right moves. Hyman is only locked up for 1 more year after this one and the Leafs are desperate. I am not so sure they're in a position to be bargaining right now.

Maybe...I don't really want to give up any of our 2nds, I really don't.  I'm stubborn that way.

it is a tough draft to be giving up 2nds because of how deep it is. And they are bait to move up so I get where you're coming from. But there is a line between the value of a proven entity and a prospect.

38Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PTFlea wrote:

Maybe...I don't really want to give up any of our 2nds, I really don't.  I'm stubborn that way.

it is a tough draft to be giving up 2nds because of how deep it is. And they are bait to move up so I get where you're coming from. But there is a line between the value of a proven entity and a prospect.

:crossarms:

39Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Also why would we help the Leafs?

40Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:36 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Also why would we help the Leafs?

how are you helping the leafs by acquiring one of their players who would fit in well here for pennies on the dollar? enough with the leafs vs sens dung. we're at opposite ends of where our franchises are.

41Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Because if the Leafs are willing to make the trade it it's because it helps them.

42Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:37 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Because if the Leafs are willing to make the trade it it's because it helps them.

Of course it helps them but it will help us more

43Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:03 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Bsens go 2-0-1 this weekend.

44Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:09 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Goal and assist for batherson, formenton and Norris. Goal for abramov. Bsens ot win

45Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Goal and assist for batherson, formenton and Norris. Goal for abramov. Bsens ot win

Very nice to see legit prospects perform at the pro level. Good stuff

46Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:38 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Two of those guys are rookies . Our top end guys are all performing

47Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:05 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Two of those guys are rookies . Our top end guys are all performing

They're really letting batherson percolate in the ahl, good move probably unless he's not learing anything, but mann seems to be good at prepping guys for the nhl.

48Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:25 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Two of those guys are rookies . Our top end guys are all performing

They're really letting batherson percolate in the ahl, good move probably unless he's not learing anything, but mann seems to be good at prepping guys for the nhl.

Not sure I agree with Mann's ability to prep players for the NHL. So far none of our top-end guys have amounted to anything outside the AHL.

What I do like seeing is Batherson still putting up points without Brown and Paul. From what I can tell they're rolling with Abramov-Norris-Batherson with Formenton on L2. They've pulled to a game over .500 after an awful start to the season and beat some pretty good teams along the way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum