GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

46Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 4 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:38 am

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Two of those guys are rookies . Our top end guys are all performing

47Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 4 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:05 am

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Two of those guys are rookies . Our top end guys are all performing

They're really letting batherson percolate in the ahl, good move probably unless he's not learing anything, but mann seems to be good at prepping guys for the nhl.

48Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 4 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:25 am

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Two of those guys are rookies . Our top end guys are all performing

They're really letting batherson percolate in the ahl, good move probably unless he's not learing anything, but mann seems to be good at prepping guys for the nhl.

Not sure I agree with Mann's ability to prep players for the NHL. So far none of our top-end guys have amounted to anything outside the AHL.

What I do like seeing is Batherson still putting up points without Brown and Paul. From what I can tell they're rolling with Abramov-Norris-Batherson with Formenton on L2. They've pulled to a game over .500 after an awful start to the season and beat some pretty good teams along the way.

49Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 4 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Two of those guys are rookies . Our top end guys are all performing

They're really letting batherson percolate in the ahl, good move probably unless he's not learing anything, but mann seems to be good at prepping guys for the nhl.

Not sure I agree with Mann's ability to prep players for the NHL. So far none of our top-end guys have amounted to anything outside the AHL.

What I do like seeing is Batherson still putting up points without Brown and Paul. From what I can tell they're rolling with Abramov-Norris-Batherson with Formenton on L2. They've pulled to a game over .500 after an awful start to the season and beat some pretty good teams along the way.

I think Brown and Batherson are guys you need more time with than we initially thought. Look at Nick Paul now. Incredible. And a lot of it is Paul meditating and relaxing apparently so that if he makes a mistake he doesn't get rattled, but a lot is also Mann I assume. We'll see how he works on the rest of the guys now.

50Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 4 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:03 am

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
I think guy Boucher really killed the confidence of a lot of our games. First it was the system, then it was only playing vets. He has excuse after excuse for why the team struggled. Meanwhile we have an awful lineup and were competitive every night. These guys are flourishing under defined roles and second chances

51Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 4 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Wow that Russian goaltender is trending up quick.

52Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 4 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:04 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:Wow that Russian goaltender is trending up quick.
i think there's a good chance he winds up being taken in the top 10. i don't see him going top 5 though.

53Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 4 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Wow that Russian goaltender is trending up quick.
i think there's a good chance he winds up being taken in the top 10. i don't see him going top 5 though.

Sounds like top 10 is a lock.

54Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 4 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:15 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
I’ve never seen a goalie that skates that well on their knees. His pushes and coverage are incredible. He is extremely athletic and agile. I want him. He could easily go 5th and depending on the team, 3rd or 4th.

This draft class is mind boggling.

55Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 4 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:16 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:I’ve never seen a goalie that skates that well on their knees. His pushes and coverage are incredible. He is extremely athletic and agile. I want him. He could easily go 5th and depending on the team, 3rd or 4th.

This draft class is mind boggling.
You would take him above the plethoras of forwards that would be available?
I certainly wouldn’t.
I think he’s great but it’s an area of need that hasn’t been hard to address in years via low priced trade or FA if need be.

56Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 4 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:37 am

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:I’ve never seen a goalie that skates that well on their knees. His pushes and coverage are incredible. He is extremely athletic and agile. I want him. He could easily go 5th and depending on the team, 3rd or 4th.

This draft class is mind boggling.

LA, Detroit, Columbus, and NJ all seem like good fits. My guess is he goes 4-5th to whichever of those teams drafts first. Laf, Byfield, Raymond seem like the obvious 1-3 to me.
4-10 seems like it could be anyone at any time.

57Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 4 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:37 am

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I’ve never seen a goalie that skates that well on their knees. His pushes and coverage are incredible. He is extremely athletic and agile. I want him. He could easily go 5th and depending on the team, 3rd or 4th.

This draft class is mind boggling.

LA, Detroit, Columbus, and NJ all seem like good fits. My guess is he goes 4-5th to whichever of those teams drafts first. Laf, Byfield, Raymond seem like the obvious 1-3 to me.
4-10 seems like it could be anyone at any time.

And apparently Lundell has the same amount of Liiga points as Kapo did this time last year. The Sens will no doubt be able to draft 1 if not 2 amazing players.

58Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 4 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:45 am

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
But that said, I don't think it will be easy to get 1st's for our players at the deadline this year.

59Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 4 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:08 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I’ve never seen a goalie that skates that well on their knees. His pushes and coverage are incredible. He is extremely athletic and agile. I want him. He could easily go 5th and depending on the team, 3rd or 4th.

This draft class is mind boggling.

LA, Detroit, Columbus, and NJ all seem like good fits. My guess is he goes 4-5th to whichever of those teams drafts first. Laf, Byfield, Raymond seem like the obvious 1-3 to me.
4-10 seems like it could be anyone at any time.

And apparently Lundell has the same amount of Liiga points as Kapo did this time last year. The Sens will no doubt be able to draft 1 if not 2 amazing players.

Speaking of Lundell (who will get drafted 4, 5 or 6 imo), here is his shift by shift analysis. I forget who liked when I posted this last time.

https://dobberprospects.com/shift-work-anton-lundell/

Btw, Lafreniere’s will be ready next month.

60Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 4 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:13 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I’ve never seen a goalie that skates that well on their knees. His pushes and coverage are incredible. He is extremely athletic and agile. I want him. He could easily go 5th and depending on the team, 3rd or 4th.

This draft class is mind boggling.
You would take him above the plethoras of forwards that would be available?
I certainly wouldn’t.
I think he’s great but it’s an area of need that hasn’t been hard to address in years via low priced trade or FA if need be.

Yes. Only Lafreniere and Byfield have no questions in their game that can’t be addressed. Askarov is no different than Raymond, Lundell or Holtz. He’s in that group, with Raymond having the slight advantage. Distinguishing between them, I could agree with you for hours about.

61Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 4 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:34 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
It depends on need. I think people underrate how important a good goalie is. A key save or two could be the difference between winning and losing a game

62Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 4 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:59 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:It depends on need. I think people underrate how important a good goalie is. A key save or two could be the difference between winning and losing a game
Sure, but a guy that comes that high and will likely wind up on a
High contract is gonna eat away money that usually isn’t necessarily associated with goalies. Take a bow Carey price.
Of course he’ll be on a smaller contract first but show me the goalies that were legitimate stars on their entry level contracts? Montréal had maybe 1 or two good years before he cashed in? Carter heart is proving he’s not ready either.

Vasilevsky played the backup role for a while.

I’d just rather spread my eggs into different baskets than have a superstar goalie (at the cost of another possible superstar forward which will be available at that spot) of course if he falls to our lap later on maybe, I’m quite satisfied with our Goalie depth for now. Nothing wrong with picking another on the later rounds but I think we’ve got bigger fish to fry.

63Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 4 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:01 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I’ve never seen a goalie that skates that well on their knees. His pushes and coverage are incredible. He is extremely athletic and agile. I want him. He could easily go 5th and depending on the team, 3rd or 4th.

This draft class is mind boggling.
You would take him above the plethoras of forwards that would be available?
I certainly wouldn’t.
I think he’s great but it’s an area of need that hasn’t been hard to address in years via low priced trade or FA if need be.

Yes. Only Lafreniere and Byfield have no questions in their game that can’t be addressed. Askarov is no different than Raymond, Lundell or Holtz. He’s in that group, with Raymond having the slight advantage. Distinguishing between them, I could agree with you for hours about.

Well just in terms of needs I would pass on him.

I’m a strong believer that you do not waste a top pick on a goalie. They develop differently and can be had at a lower cost outside of the top 10(especially on a draft like this one)

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum