You are not connected. Please login or register

 » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 34 ... 57  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 57]

Lagoon


Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:What are the chances that Moritz Seider stops rising up the draft charts and is still available to us at 19th?
not that those ever mean anything but I've seen him ranked high and ranked as low as second rounder in mocks and rankings. I wonder does he have an NHL/AHL out clause? I would hope he isn't playing in Germany next year. He was also drafted by Owen sound last year


I don’t have the answers to your questions, but right on cue he won player of the game at the Worlds just now.

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:What are the chances that Moritz Seider stops rising up the draft charts and is still available to us at 19th?
not that those ever mean anything but I've seen him ranked high and ranked as low as second rounder in mocks and rankings. I wonder does he have an NHL/AHL out clause? I would hope he isn't playing in Germany next year. He was also drafted by Owen sound last year


I don’t have the answers to your questions, but right on cue he won player of the game at the Worlds just now.
Sweet. He does look very intriguing. Guy guy who can skate well and move the puck.

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Unfortunately there will be a lot of gms watching the worlds.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Rick Bowness. Either him or Brad Shaw please. Both are defensive wizards.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Rick Bowness. Either him or Brad Shaw please. Both are defensive wizards.

I concur. Although we have not heard they will interview Shaw yet. Shaw, Bowness, Martin and Leaman would be the top candidates to me. Crawford as a worst case is not terrible.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Rick Bowness. Either him or Brad Shaw please. Both are defensive wizards.

He was let go by yzerman with him quoted that the defence wasn’t good enough.

I’m not sure if Bowness is the right choice but he’s got experience in spades in the NHL.

I’m not sure who is the best candidate or the job but Shaw and Bowness sound good to me.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Rick Bowness. Either him or Brad Shaw please. Both are defensive wizards.

He was let go by yzerman with him quoted that the defence wasn’t good enough.

I’m not sure if Bowness is the right choice but he’s got experience in spades in the NHL.

I’m not sure who is the best candidate or the job but Shaw and Bowness sound good to me.

All coaches get let go at some point. He went to Dallas and helped make them a top defensive team. He’s 66 so he’s not going to be a long term guy but he can definitely help teach now.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Rick Bowness. Either him or Brad Shaw please. Both are defensive wizards.

He was let go by yzerman with him quoted that the defence wasn’t good enough.

I’m not sure if Bowness is the right choice but he’s got experience in spades in the NHL.

I’m not sure who is the best candidate or the job but Shaw and Bowness sound good to me.

All coaches get let go at some point. He went to Dallas and helped make them a top defensive team. He’s 66 so he’s not going to be a long term guy but he can definitely help teach now.

See, that’s exactly my point of view also. Not long term guy. I feel that’s what we need. A 3year guy. Someone that’s been good at shaping teams.
Carvel was another interesting name out there that was talked about early in the process that seems to have faded.

I’m not picky like I usually am with coaches. I just hope we get a good teacher.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Pretty funny reading Elliotte Friedman's latest column where he says that the top candidates for our POHO position wouldn't even take an interview with Melnyk.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Pretty funny reading Elliotte Friedman's latest column where he says that the top candidates for our POHO position wouldn't even take an interview with Melnyk.

This is what I Hope drills the reality of the situation for Melnyk.because he certainly doesn’t take what fans have been saying seriously.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
If we had first pick I would have been pissed if we took Hughes. Kakko looks awesome. Hughes is just so tiny in comparison

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:If we had first pick I would have been pissed if we took Hughes. Kakko looks awesome. Hughes is just so tiny in comparison

It's what I've been saying all along. He's RNH

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:If we had first pick I would have been pissed if we took Hughes. Kakko looks awesome. Hughes is just so tiny in comparison

It's what I've been saying all along. He's RNH

Hughes is a much better skater and more skilled than RNH but I still have concerns with him playing C against top NHLers. That doesn't mean he shouldn't go #1 or #2 though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:If we had first pick I would have been pissed if we took Hughes. Kakko looks awesome. Hughes is just so tiny in comparison

It's what I've been saying all along. He's RNH

Hughes is a much better skater and more skilled than RNH but I still have concerns with him playing C against top NHLers. That doesn't mean he shouldn't go #1 or #2 though.

I haven’t done exhaustive research on Hughes (probably do to the fact that we gave up our chance to get him) but it seems to me that his skills are on a much higher level than RNH ever was. I think it will be a question of him filling out a bit. I’m sure he’s got the skills to jump in next year but it be a safer move for NJ (or NYR) to hold an extra year before making the jump.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
https://www.tsn.ca/impending-free-agent-centre-jason-spezza-is-open-to-returning-to-the-ottawa-senators-1.1306651


Oh brother.... teach a whole new generation of senators the no-look drop pass...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I wasn’t the biggest fan but I’d have no issues bringing him in on a one year deal.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah, I mean, I could see Spezza back on a one year deal just to kind of bridge the gap and ensure we have some depth at centre, but there's also gotta be numerous better options. Like...how about we just get Duchene back?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Spezza always talked to the younger players on the bench. And they listened intently. Signs of a good teacher/communicator.

Pierre said he's skating better than he's ever seen him skate.

Heard he's also got a good hockey mind.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 57]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 34 ... 57  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum