You are not connected. Please login or register

 » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 29]

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I’m not really sure I want the Sens resigning Duclair after his online antics were revealed earlier this spring. For those that missed it, because it didn’t receive any media attention, a girl (I think in Montreal) posted online about Duclair basically propositioning her online and then getting really aggressive when she turned him down. After this one girl came out with her statement, several others also came out with similar stories about Duclair. Duclair then posted online saying it was an imposter. Then about 24 hours later, the girl recanted her statement, also saying it was an imposter. It’s pretty clear to me that Duclair and/or lawyer/agent got a hold of her and paid her some hush money.

A couple of other NHLers also blew up Duclair’s “imposter” story, saying that it was indeed Duclair’s account. Anyway, it was all brushed under the carpet really quickly, but left a bad taste in my mouth about him.

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:I’m not really sure I want the Sens resigning Duclair after his online antics were revealed earlier this spring.  For those that missed it, because it didn’t receive any media attention, a girl (I think in Montreal) posted online about Duclair basically propositioning her online and then getting really aggressive when she turned him down.  After this one girl came out with her statement, several others also came out with similar stories about Duclair.  Duclair then posted online saying it was an imposter.  Then about 24 hours later, the girl recanted her statement, also saying it was an imposter.  It’s pretty clear to me that Duclair and/or lawyer/agent got a hold of her and paid her some hush money.

A couple of other NHLers also blew up Duclair’s “imposter” story, saying that it was indeed Duclair’s account.  Anyway, it was all brushed under the carpet really quickly, but left a bad taste in my mouth about him.
That shouldn't play a role in signing him at all. Also the NHLer part was past teammates joking. It could have easily been legit, a lot of guys probably look like him. Either way, it is basically a non story.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
I don't disagree, but nothing longer than 2 years.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
I don’t know. I’d rather build a culture around good guys than have a few bad apples soir the pot.
We don’t need duclair. What he brings helps but I personally don’t need this team to win or compete

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
I’m not saying tank but focus on the right development and culture supersedes getting a little extra help at the costs

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Meh, let Duclair continue to prove himself. 2 year deal @ 2.2 a year and see where you're at.

In other news...having San Jose's 1st rounder next year is excellent. I really think they take a good step back.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
For another team, the Duclar story/non-story would likely be a non-issue. For the Sens, if this pops up again down the road, everyone will be all over it, especially when there were warning signs.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:For another team, the Duclar story/non-story would likely be a non-issue.  For the Sens, if this pops up again down the road, everyone will be all over it, especially when there were warning signs.

Doubt it. I would only want him signed for 1-2 years though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Let’s be honest. Is anyone really expecting a huge turn around with duclair? Sure he’s shown he can be better than he was with other teams but I’d he consistently going to do that and be a team player?
I just feel like this has distraction written all over it at best and bad influence and dead weight at worst.

There’s a gamble there for a team that’s trying to add a guy they could buy out if it fails but this team will likely be stuck with him if anything happens. I would not give him more than a 1yr if anything and I’d try and squeeze in some protection on the contract that if he’s responsible for any Dung they can terminate his contract.

I’m still not sure any other team out there is willing to give him a two way if he’d be a UFa .
One year his Donkey and tell him to show us he can consistently be a better person.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Sens hire DJ Smith as head coach

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Didn't expect that. Only time will tell how it works out.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
So DJ Smith is our new coach. He's won a Memorial Cup and has that precious Mike Babcock experience, so we'll see how this works out. Oh, and I bet he's nice and cheap.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Well, that's that. Guess winning the Stanley Cup or the Adams Trophy or even just having HC experience at the NHL level disqualifies you from working here.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I guess this guy won a cup with young prospects so there's that. Maybe Martin or Roy are in the running for POHO. But the job will probably go to Borocop.



Last edited by wprager on Fri May 24, 2019 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I know nothing about the guy other than his record in OHL/Leafs, but it seems like hockey people like him.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Well, that's that.  Guess winning the Stanley Cup or the Adams Trophy or even just having HC experience at the NHL level disqualifies you from working here.

Well, I'm certain the salary demands of some of the candidates more or less excluded them from serious consideration. It's nice that the team tried to keep up appearances by interviewing some "big names" though.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Well, that's that.  Guess winning the Stanley Cup or the Adams Trophy or even just having HC experience at the NHL level disqualifies you from working here.

Well, I'm certain the salary demands of some of the candidates more or less excluded them from serious consideration.  It's nice that the team tried to keep up appearances by interviewing some "big names" though.

I don't buy that for a second other than Roy. I think all the other people they interviewed would have been cheap compared to the league average.

If you want a fresh face/rookie coach, it will be cheap.

I preferred Martin over everyone else (hoping he might come on as an assistant), but it will take the whole contract to really determine Smith's worth.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Well, that's that.  Guess winning the Stanley Cup or the Adams Trophy or even just having HC experience at the NHL level disqualifies you from working here.

Well, I'm certain the salary demands of some of the candidates more or less excluded them from serious consideration.  It's nice that the team tried to keep up appearances by interviewing some "big names" though.

I don't buy that for a second other than Roy. I think all the other people they interviewed would have been cheap compared to the league average.

If you want a fresh face/rookie coach, it will be cheap.

I preferred Martin over everyone else (hoping he might come on as an assistant), but it will take the whole contract to really determine Smith's worth.

Listen, if you don't think that $$$ is still influencing almost every big decision the organization is making, I don't know what other proof you need to be convinced. Bowness or Martin would've undoubtedly cost more than Smith. I don't want to argue about it though, it's pointless. We've gone the rookie coach route numerous times before and it generally doesn't end well. I am quite sure this time will be no different, although it may not be Smith's fault so much as a poor roster.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum