GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I think I’d rather have a healthy Condon playing in Ottawa next year as opposed to a buy out.

I’m not overly optimistic about just having Hogberg as a back up. I’d rather work him in throughout the season with injuries. We’ll see I guess.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Last game to the season... it’s painful. it’s going to be a long summer with probably little action apart from the draft. And even then. Next year’s draft is shaking out to be more exciting for us.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
The one thing about keeping Condon is we'd have to let Nilsson walk.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
We'll have the Worlds to look forward to. Could have as many as 8 Sens playing.

Hopefully the RedBlacks have a good season, but that seems unlikely (losing their #1 QB, top receiver, top running back and OC - it's like they were saying "Hold my beer" to the Sens).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Sens go out with a big sloppy wet fart. How fitting.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:Sens go out with a big sloppy wet fart. How fitting.

My guess.

Out: Lindberg, Paajarvi, Harpur, Condon, Nilsson
In: Hogberg, Wolanin, Brown, Batherson, Paul
On the block: Ceci, Boro, Lajoie, Boedker

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

My guess.

I also think a decision will happen with Chlapik. He's either moved out or he's on the roster.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

My guess.

I’m not sure it’s time to part ways with Lajoie. Especially that we have very little in terms of D coming up or to play in Belleville. I think Lajoie showed he could play in the NHL and be better than Ceci, what we saw after seems to me like he was facing something injury or otherwise.

It’s not like he has much value anyways so I feel it’s best to gamble on him another year.

I doubt they part ways with Boro at this stage, vet leadership and all,

I have no idea if they retain one of Lindberg, Gibbons or Paajarvi but I feel like they probably should.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

My guess.

I also think a decision will happen with Chlapik. He's either moved out or he's on the roster.

I wouldn’t mind him being on the roster. Possibly even on the wing.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:

My guess.

I’m not sure it’s time to part ways with Lajoie. Especially that we have very little in terms of D coming up or to play in Belleville. I think Lajoie showed he could play in the NHL and be better than Ceci, what we saw after seems to me like he was facing something injury or otherwise.

It’s not like he has much value anyways so I feel it’s best to gamble on him another year.

I have no idea if they retain one of  Lindberg, Gibbons or Paajarvi but I feel like they probably should.

I believe he had a sport hernia surgery makes you wonder how long Lajoie was battling it before it got too bad to play at all

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

My guess.

I have no idea if they retain one of  Lindberg, Gibbons or Paajarvi but I feel like they probably should.

I believe he had a sport hernia surgery makes you wonder how long Lajoie was battling it before it got too bad to play at all

He said he started feeling it in January.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

My guess.

You can't expect this team to improve by sending out the same guys to play. Too many guys coming down the pipe to keep these guys especially if the intent is to showcase the kids and sell hope to the fans.

LHD Depth: Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, Harpur, Lajoie, Boro, Englund, Tychonik. Maybe some of these guys can play on the right but it sounds like the Sens are happy keeping Jaros, De Melo, Ceci on the right with JBD coming down the pipe. That's a lot LHD for arguably no positions and if the plan is to keep Boro then I expect Lajoie not to be a regular. That's even with Brannstrom starting in the A.

Same argument for Lindberg, Gibbons, Paajarvi,. Batherson, Brown, Paul, Chlapik, Formenton, Norris will all be in the NHL as full-timers within the next two-three years. As will whoever the Sens draft in next year's draft (assuming top 3). Maybe they keep Brown, Formenton, Norris as the top-line in Belleville next year but Chlapik, Batherson, and Paul all deserve shots in the NHL next year. Even Rodewald deserves a look at 4RW. And Abramov could push for a spot too.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
On one hand I want a Top 2 pick next year but on the other hand I want to watch meaningful games where we're competing for the playoffs. I hope we can sign Duchene or Hayes to fast track the rebuild a bit.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

My guess.

You can't expect this team to improve by sending out the same guys to play. Too many guys coming down the pipe to keep these guys especially if the intent is to showcase the kids and sell hope to the fans.

LHD Depth: Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, Harpur, Lajoie, Boro, Englund, Tychonik. Maybe some of these guys can play on the right but it sounds like the Sens are happy keeping Jaros, De Melo, Ceci on the right with JBD coming down the pipe. That's a lot LHD for arguably no positions and if the plan is to keep Boro then I expect Lajoie not to be a regular. That's even with Brannstrom starting in the A.

Same argument for Lindberg, Gibbons, Paajarvi,. Batherson, Brown, Paul, Chlapik, Formenton, Norris will all be in the NHL as full-timers within the next two-three years. As will whoever the Sens draft in next year's draft (assuming top 3). Maybe they keep Brown, Formenton, Norris as the top-line in Belleville next year but Chlapik, Batherson, and Paul all deserve shots in the NHL next year. Even Rodewald deserves a look at 4RW. And Abramov could push for a spot too.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting keeping everyone.

I think certain guys you keep and you work guys in via injuries. Boro is perfect as a 6-7 D for the next year. Lajoie is fine in the AHL trying to steal a spot. Why would you trade him? And you can keep one of gibbons, Paajarvi or Lindberg on a one year. You can’t be too green in a lineup

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
That's just it. I think they go as green as possible. They need a top two 1st rd pick.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:That's just it. I think they go as green as possible. They need a top two 1st rd pick.

I think they will no matter what. I’m more afraid of them becoming the oilers that for years lacked proper development and leadership (as opposed to now where they can’t build a team structure with the right players)

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
My money is still on Jacques Martin. Relive the glory days.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:My money is still on Jacques Martin. Relive the glory days.

Yeah, I really don’t know how I feel about him coming back. A lot of people say how integral he is to Pittsburgh’s success but then you look at who’s in Pittsburgh as well.
It’s a soft maybe. I guess it all depends on who else is seriously in the running.
I would probably like Martin in Ottawa if it means keeping Mann in Belleville. Maybe bring in Mann as an assistant the following year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum