You are not connected. Please login or register

» Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 37 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 50]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I generally try not to trash people that have difficult jobs, but TSN 1200's mid-day show (In The Box or whatever) with Todd White and Steve Lloyd is almost unlistenable for me. I was in the car over lunch today and heard:

1) Todd White being accused of messing with Steve Lloyd's golf pool;
2) Todd White being referred to as "Snake" a bunch with a long listing of his snake-like qualities;
3) A very brief synopsis of what was going on so far at the US Open; and,
4) Todd White asking what to do about a baby deer that was crying in the woods near his backyard all night.

I fully understand that it's difficult to have a 4 hour radio program and fill it with content, but I feel that with the Stanley Cup wrapping up last night, the NHL draft a week away, the NBA Finals being amazing for Canada, and the US Open golf all going on right now that they should be able to actually talk about sports most of the time they're on the air. And I really don't mind non-sports banter if it's somewhat witty and entertaining, but Lloyd and White are just awkward together. They were about to bring Dean Brown on and he's a bit of an idiot, so I just changed the station.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:I generally try not to trash people that have difficult jobs, but TSN 1200's mid-day show (In The Box or whatever) with Todd White and Steve Lloyd is almost unlistenable for me.  I was in the car over lunch today and heard:

1) Todd White being accused of messing with Steve Lloyd's golf pool;
2) Todd White being referred to as "Snake" a bunch with a long listing of his snake-like qualities;
3) A very brief synopsis of what was going on so far at the US Open; and,
4) Todd White asking what to do about a baby deer that was crying in the woods near his backyard all night.

I fully understand that it's difficult to have a 4 hour radio program and fill it with content, but I feel that with the Stanley Cup wrapping up last night, the NHL draft a week away, the NBA Finals being amazing for Canada, and the US Open golf all going on right now that they should be able to actually talk about sports most of the time they're on the air.  And I really don't mind non-sports banter if it's somewhat witty and entertaining, but Lloyd and White are just awkward together.  They were about to bring Dean Brown on and he's a bit of an idiot, so I just changed the station.

apart from Mendes and Simmer, there isn't much to listen to that's quality on a regular basis on TSN radio Ottawa.

be glad you aren't listening to the Montreal station with their endless supposition of all free agents coming to Montreal and wishful lobsided trades that somehow Montreal will pull off. it's no reason that fanbase is delusional when you listen to the media.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I'm not quite sure why we're hearing so much chatter about Zaitsev and not Ceci. IMO Ceci should garner more interest. I'm afraid this all means that Ceci isn't on the market at all.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I just listen to the 61 second shootout and McGuire. Then I download Steve Warne's podcast (with Jungle) and Jungle's podcast (with Russ Courtnall).

I tried the Bobcast and the Rubber Boots podcast (Duthie) and just couldn't get into them.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
How long before Ottawa signs undrafted and reigning Calder Cup MVP Andrew Poturalski? Because of his age and amount of NHL games played he’s a Group 6 UFA.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:How long before Ottawa signs undrafted and reigning Calder Cup MVP Andrew Poturalski? Because of his age and amount of NHL games played he’s a Group 6 UFA.

Looks like he’s from buffalo. That’s a fit too.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
It would be, yes. I think a bit less opportunity in Buffalo than Ottawa can promise, sell and give.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:It would be, yes. I think a bit less opportunity in Buffalo than Ottawa can promise, sell and give.

Agree

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Chris Neil telling it like it is today. Boucher was a moron and disliked by mostly everyone.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Chris Neil telling it like it is today. Boucher was a moron and disliked by mostly everyone.

just heard his interview, thought he had fair comments and nothing too harsh. Love Neiler.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
We were all so impressed about Guy's Sports Psychology degree we never bothered asking to see his transcript.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
These coaches aren't vetted well enough. We have so many problems

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Expectations - and hopes - are low. They *want to* do poorly. The 2020 draft is stacked.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Rumours over the weekend of the Devils sniffing around Ceci. Yes please.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ceci for Hall? Facepalm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Rumours over the weekend of the Devils sniffing around Ceci.  Yes please.

I don't think those are from credible sources.

I wouldn't mind trading Ceci for a good pick but otherwise I'd keep him for 2 years.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Sens sign Duclair 1 year 1.65 million.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:Sens sign Duclair 1 year 1.65 million.

Seems like a good deal to me let's see how he does a full year with the team. Looked good at the end of the year

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 37 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum