GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Rumours over the weekend of the Devils sniffing around Ceci.  Yes please.

I don't think those are from credible sources.

I wouldn't mind trading Ceci for a good pick but otherwise I'd keep him for 2 years.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Sens sign Duclair 1 year 1.65 million.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:Sens sign Duclair 1 year 1.65 million.

Seems like a good deal to me let's see how he does a full year with the team. Looked good at the end of the year

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
Ev wrote:Sens sign Duclair 1 year 1.65 million.

Seems like a good deal to me let's see how he does a full year with the team. Looked good at the end of the year
Yeah this is the type of contract that he should get. It’s a nice raise so he’s happy and a prove me contract so that he actually works his butt off.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
I’m no fan of Duclair or Abramov, but that Duclair contract is about as perfect as it gets.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:I’m no fan of Duclair or Abramov, but that Duclair contract is about as perfect as it gets.

Abramov was a bit of a head-scratcher. didn't seem like the usual guy the sens go after. IMO they picked him up because they weren't being offered what they wanted and they hope he keeps developing but their intentions is to eventually flip him in another trade.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
I hope he shows enough that he can be flipped. I have my doubts.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I’m excited to see what he can do this year. Might be their top rw

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:I’m no fan of Duclair or Abramov, but that Duclair contract is about as perfect as it gets.

Yeah, that was a slam dunk. Exactly what we all hoped as a 'show me' contract. And I personally thought he was fantastic here for his tenure. I think he can pick up right where he started. My issues with him are his hockey IQ, which isn't then end of the world for him and the fact that he tends to go balls to the wall a lot - and I'm not saying that's a negative, but it's a matter of time before he gets hurt I think.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:I’m excited to see what he can do this year. Might be their top rw

Oh Dung...without looking I can't even think of another RW. Ryan?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:

Oh Dung...without looking I can't even think of another RW.  Ryan?
I meant Belleville's top RW but the Sens have Ryan, Batherson, maybe Gibbons, and I think Duclair plays RW sometimes

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Oh Dung...without looking I can't even think of another RW.  Ryan?
I meant Belleville's top RW but the Sens have Ryan, Batherson, maybe Gibbons, and I think Duclair plays RW sometimes

Oh yeah, Batherson should be ready to go.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
There’s been one refreshing thing in the last two days is Dorion is willing to take a bad contract in exchange for assets. With the announcement of the cap going down or about, maybe the price on cap space will go up. Get us a first rounder or a very good prospect and you might be earning your check.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:There’s been one refreshing thing in the last two days is Dorion is willing to take a bad contract in exchange for assets. With the announcement of the cap going down or about, maybe the price on cap space will go up. Get us a first rounder or a very good prospect and you might be earning your check.

I’ve heard lip service from the Sens before. Call me a skeptic when it comes to the Sens pulling off things that both make sense and are outside the box.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Clarkson is an option but if I'm Vegas I'd only give up a 2nd at best to get rid of the contract. Only one more year.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
But Vegas has to do something because at the moment, they can’t even play next year because they are already over the cap and only have 19 players signed. They still need to decide what to do with Karlsson, sign Gusev, and that is before deciding what to do with Pirri, Bellemare, Carpenter, Nosek and Engelland. They have until a day before the season starts to be under the cap. The basically need to trade Clarkson.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:But Vegas has to do something because at the moment, they can’t even play next year because they are already over the cap and only have 19 players signed. They still need to decide what to do with Karlsson, sign Gusev, and that is before deciding what to do with Pirri, Bellemare, Carpenter, Nosek and Engelland. They have until a day before the season starts to be under the cap. The basically need to trade Clarkson.

Agreed, just don't know if I'd give up a 1st or high prospect to do it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:Clarkson is an option but if I'm Vegas I'd only give up a 2nd at best to get rid of the contract. Only one more year.
Insurance pays that contract no? We don’t just have to reach the floor. We can bypass it. Sign me up for Clarkson. The man’s made more money not playing hockey than playing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum