GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
But Vegas has to do something because at the moment, they can’t even play next year because they are already over the cap and only have 19 players signed. They still need to decide what to do with Karlsson, sign Gusev, and that is before deciding what to do with Pirri, Bellemare, Carpenter, Nosek and Engelland. They have until a day before the season starts to be under the cap. The basically need to trade Clarkson.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:But Vegas has to do something because at the moment, they can’t even play next year because they are already over the cap and only have 19 players signed. They still need to decide what to do with Karlsson, sign Gusev, and that is before deciding what to do with Pirri, Bellemare, Carpenter, Nosek and Engelland. They have until a day before the season starts to be under the cap. The basically need to trade Clarkson.

Agreed, just don't know if I'd give up a 1st or high prospect to do it.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:Clarkson is an option but if I'm Vegas I'd only give up a 2nd at best to get rid of the contract. Only one more year.
Insurance pays that contract no? We don’t just have to reach the floor. We can bypass it. Sign me up for Clarkson. The man’s made more money not playing hockey than playing.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:But Vegas has to do something because at the moment, they can’t even play next year because they are already over the cap and only have 19 players signed. They still need to decide what to do with Karlsson, sign Gusev, and that is before deciding what to do with Pirri, Bellemare, Carpenter, Nosek and Engelland. They have until a day before the season starts to be under the cap. The basically need to trade Clarkson.

I can think of a 9.5 mill player we can take off their hands if they are so inclined. We’d be doing them a favour really with his concussion history Sarcasm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Clarkson is an option but if I'm Vegas I'd only give up a 2nd at best to get rid of the contract. Only one more year.
Insurance pays that contract no? We don’t just have to reach the floor. We can bypass it. Sign me up for Clarkson. The man’s made more money not playing hockey than playing.

Indeed insurance does pay it.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:

Agreed as well. I think the price will go up though as the season gets closer. Vegas may want to do it now when it the price will be not as steep.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Agreed as well. I think the price will go up though as the season gets closer. Vegas may want to do it now when it the price will be not as steep.

What's the price? A second and a prospect for Clarkson? Vegas needs to dump more than just Clarkson if they want to keep their team together. If I am Ottawa I am targeting Tuch coming back as well. I would be okay to give up a B prospect and something else. Say Clarkson and Tuch for Chlapik and Harpur. Clears around $10M for Vegas.

I'd be doing something similar for Callahan but would expect more of a return. Same reasons as above. Not a lot of room and they need to sign Point. I'd look at flipping them Smith (waivers/buyout) with Callahan coming back.

Acquire Callahan and Tuch, sign Spezza, see ya Smith, Harpur, Lindberg and Gibbons. You address vet leadership and acquire some assets. Everyone wins.

Last edited by DefenceWinsChampionships on Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I'd also try to pry Ehlers out of Winnipeg for Ceci +.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

What's the price? A second and a prospect for Clarkson? Vegas needs to dump more than just Clarkson if they want to keep their team together. If I am Ottawa I am targeting Tuch coming back as well. I would be okay to give up a B prospect and something else. Say Clarkson and Tuch for Chlapik and Harpur. Clears around $10M for Vegas.

I'd be doing something similar for Callahan but would expect more of a return. Same reasons as above. Not a lot of room and they need to sign Point. I'd look at flipping them Smith (waivers/buyout) with Callahan coming back.

Acquire Callahan and Tuch, sign Spezza, see ya Smith, Harpur, Lindberg and Gibbons. You address vet leadership and acquire some assets. Everyone wins.

Even though I don’t consider Dorion an NHL GM, for the purpose of this post, I’d hope an NHL GM would see the obvious benefits of your post. I think we can even get picks too.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd also try to pry Ehlers out of Winnipeg for Ceci +.

it doesn't sound like Dorion is entertaining the idea of trading Ceci, they seem to want to give him another contract. now maybe Ceci asks for too much and they do have to part ways.

Winnipeg is looking for Dmen coming back but I would think they'd need cheaper ones. I doubt we'd be able to pull that trade but it would be a good one.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I saw something on Twitter this morning about the Sens dealing Ceci if they don't get him to take the contract they want.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:I saw something on Twitter this morning about the Sens dealing Ceci if they don't get him to take the contract they want.
I saw the same thing yesterday posted by Kevin Lee who requoted from the Ottawa sun

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I was interested in Kevin Hayes...at like 5 million.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:I was interested in Kevin Hayes...at like 5 million.

I think that might be the worst contract I've ever seen personally. It's just terrible.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:I was interested in Kevin Hayes...at like 5 million.

He seemed like a $5M x 5 yr kinda guy.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I saw something on Twitter this morning about the Sens dealing Ceci if they don't get him to take the contract they want.
I saw the same thing yesterday posted by Kevin Lee who requoted from the Ottawa sun

There's an article about it in the Citizen today. https://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/cody-ceci-in-the-midst-of-trade-talks-in-advance-of-nhl-draft/wcm/8b0f7e17-83d7-4f67-a869-f25bbd60c45a

Sens may be making the possible trade thing public to help them with negotiations.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah, Garrioch wrote that if they could get a deal done with a prospect and a 1st round pick coming back they’d deal him ahead of the draft... good luck with that.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hogberg signs a 2 year contract extension. the second year being one way. I guess they expect a Nilson/Hogberg duo in the 2020 season. Answers a lot of questions. Also probably mean that Gustavsson and Hogberg will share the crease until Anderson is traded and d’accord will start in the ECHL until Hogberg is moved to the big club. Makes sense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum