You are not connected. Please login or register

» Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 39 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 50]

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:Well I won't be home to watch the draft tonight.  I feel that it's been a bit underwhelming in recent years (i.e. not a lot of trades), but maybe that changes tonight.  There's always so many rumours floating around and then very little seems to actually happen.  If I had one wish for tonight, it's that Ceci gets traded.

Two wishes:

1) Ceci gone
2) Don't draft a LHD

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Well I won't be home to watch the draft tonight.  I feel that it's been a bit underwhelming in recent years (i.e. not a lot of trades), but maybe that changes tonight.  There's always so many rumours floating around and then very little seems to actually happen.  If I had one wish for tonight, it's that Ceci gets traded.

Two wishes:

1) Ceci gone
2) Don't draft a LHD

If they draft a lefty then you know what huge trade pieces they think we have in either brun or wolanin.

But yeah, I dont see it.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
Funny thing is there are 4 LHD commonly predicted to go right around 19. I’d be fine with Harley. He’s almost a year younger than most in this class.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
If that happens, it happens. There's always a couple of players that fall hard though and Ottawa's plans might change in a millisecond.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
They should draft based on kneed not bpa considering the depth at the LHD position. Otherwise trade down

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They should draft based on kneed not bpa considering the depth at the LHD position. Otherwise trade down

Don't count that out either, but I think they have about 10 guys in mind.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Development Camp starts tomorrow. Who is checking it out?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Likely can't, but it would be fun...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
anyone go? Likely not due to the time but curious

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Many former Sens high draft picks not being qualified today. You might remember former 1st rounders Curtis Lazar and Stefan Noesen, and 36th overall Gabriel Gagné. Starting to look like we have more misses than hits even in the early rounds.

Last edited by Lagoon on Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Many former Sens high draft picks not being qualified today. You might remember former 1st rounders Curtis Lazar and Stefan Noesen, and 36th overall Gabriel Gagné. Started to look like we have more misses than hits even in the early rounds.

Yeah I was just noticing that, I think Lazar was never gonna more than a 3rd or 4rth liner but the sens rushed him to the NHL when he should have been busy developing as a player.

Noeson still looks like an NHLer but probably a 4rth liner. Gabriel gagné never really had the acceleration to make the NHL.

I think we’re good at drafting but the team puts such high points on character that they overlook the lack of potential in some players.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I would sign Lazar in an instant for Belleville. I’ve always liked him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Noesen for bingo would be just fine and dandy

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:Noesen for bingo would be just fine and dandy

I think Noeson gets an NHL contract this year. He put up some decent numbers. Someone will need a body for close to the league minimum.

I’d PTO him in Ottawa. Depending who else is on the roster at the start of the year. It’s a long summer.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
There are so many players available and ways for Ottawa help themselves this year. 1) Take on bad contracts for extra assets (looking squarely at you Vegas). 2) Sign unqualified RFA’s (Leipsic, Hartman) 3) Puljujarvi 4) Give Brandon Tanev a 200% raise 5) Trade Ceci 6) Doing all this still gets them 31st overall, but we want these pieces going forward. Our pipeline is one of the best.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:anyone go? Likely not due to the time but curious

I follow Sens Prospects on Twitter and he always attends these things and then posts his thoughts along with videos. He does a really good job.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:

I follow Sens Prospects on Twitter and he always attends these things and then posts his thoughts along with videos.  He does a really good job.

Come on, Tim. It's a hop-step away from work for you! I just got rid of my twitter and would appreciate it if you could post some updates. Either that or I am stuck relying on Senschirp.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I follow Sens Prospects on Twitter and he always attends these things and then posts his thoughts along with videos.  He does a really good job.

Come on, Tim. It's a hop-step away from work for you! I just got rid of my twitter and would appreciate it if you could post some updates. Either that or I am stuck relying on Senschirp.

Ha. I would love to swing by and watch the dev camp, but I wouldn't really know what I was looking at anyway...all the kids look fantastic to me. I have gone to the 3 on 3 tourney before, and then you can sometimes get a sense of who stands out.

Sens Prospects also posts his stuff to YouTube, so you can check out his channel:

https://www.youtube.com/sensprospects

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 39 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum