You are not connected. Please login or register

 » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30 ... 57  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 57]

Flo The Action


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:That's just it. I think they go as green as possible. They need a top two 1st rd pick.

I think they will no matter what. I’m more afraid of them becoming the oilers that for years lacked proper development and leadership (as opposed to now where they can’t build a team structure with the right players)

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
My money is still on Jacques Martin. Relive the glory days.

Flo The Action


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:My money is still on Jacques Martin. Relive the glory days.

Yeah, I really don’t know how I feel about him coming back. A lot of people say how integral he is to Pittsburgh’s success but then you look at who’s in Pittsburgh as well.
It’s a soft maybe. I guess it all depends on who else is seriously in the running.
I would probably like Martin in Ottawa if it means keeping Mann in Belleville. Maybe bring in Mann as an assistant the following year.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:My money is still on Jacques Martin. Relive the glory days.

Yeah, I really don’t know how I feel about him coming back. A lot of people say how integral he is to Pittsburgh’s success but then you look at who’s in Pittsburgh as well.
It’s a soft maybe. I guess it all depends on who else is seriously in the running.
I would probably like Martin in Ottawa if it means keeping Mann in Belleville. Maybe bring in Mann as an assistant the following year.

I believe Jacques coaches the defence who never really are anything special outside of Letang

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I wonder how Martin would handle our defence with chabot, wolanin and brunnstrom though. Muzzle them? Cant really see that fit, but whatever

I still liked what Crawford did

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:My money is still on Jacques Martin. Relive the glory days.

Yeah, I really don’t know how I feel about him coming back. A lot of people say how integral he is to Pittsburgh’s success but then you look at who’s in Pittsburgh as well.
It’s a soft maybe. I guess it all depends on who else is seriously in the running.
I would probably like Martin in Ottawa if it means keeping Mann in Belleville. Maybe bring in Mann as an assistant the following year.

I believe Jacques coaches the defence who never really are anything special outside of Letang

That’s true. Seems to get the best out of not a whole lot. It’s hard to adjust for having such great forwards.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:I wonder how Martin would handle our defence with chabot, wolanin and brunnstrom though.  Muzzle them?  Cant really see that fit, but whatever

I still liked what Crawford did

What is up with your avatar? really going all in against the leafs?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I wonder how Martin would handle our defence with chabot, wolanin and brunnstrom though.  Muzzle them?  Cant really see that fit, but whatever

I still liked what Crawford did

What is up with your avatar? really going all in against the leafs?

Aren't we all?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I wonder how Martin would handle our defence with chabot, wolanin and brunnstrom though.  Muzzle them?  Cant really see that fit, but whatever

I still liked what Crawford did

What is up with your avatar? really going all in against the leafs?

Diddle yeah.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hey I hate the leafs but I’m not going to become a two weeks bruins fan Laugh1

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ralph Kreuger has left Southampton FC. He could be a good candidate for the POHO position. Very well respected.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Why would he go to Ottawa? Maybe he's headed back to the old boys' club in Edmonton.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Why would he go to Ottawa? Maybe he's headed back to the old boys' club in Edmonton.

Maybe. Who knows. There's limited options.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Why would he go to Ottawa? Maybe he's headed back to the old boys' club in Edmonton.

Maybe. Who knows. There's limited options.
Apparently he doesn’t want a coaching position so yeah, it’s either a GM position or a higher one. I wouldn’t be against him coming to Ottawa. I just wonder if we’d be in the cards.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Does he have *any* connection to Ottawa? Other then getting his passport from here?



Last edited by wprager on Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Does he have *any* connection to Ottawa? Other then getting his passport from here?

At this point I think Ottawa will take anyone with experience willing to step in here and work for a pretty low salary.yeah, that,ikely takes Kruger out.

I truly believe that are number 1 impediment to getting someone is ownership meddling and not supporting fully the team.

It’s such an ugly situation that no one wants the job. How sad and truly depicting of the situation is that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
How could Ottawa sign a POHO and not see significant change in management?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:How could Ottawa sign a POHO and not see significant change in management?
By having Melnyk take an active stand against recommendations? Or by employing another yes man.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 57]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30 ... 57  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum