You are not connected. Please login or register

» Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 47 of 50]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ahh okay. That's what I thought initially and must have misread. Very similar players. I expect Connor Brown to be a bit more physical than Pageau. I don't think we have any prospects in our system that play quite like Pageau but someone may emerge out of Belleville who is an absolute nuisance to play against. Everyone focuses on points with our prospects and I am personally not aware of any forwards in Belleville who are really defensively minded.  

Norris is. He'll likely be better offensively than Pageau, though.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
So ideally we draft a top-line center this year, Brown 2C, Norris 3C and slide White to RW next season. I'm excited for the Sens come 2-3 years from now

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:If anyone thinks that Connor Brown can get back to his 20 goal scoring form please remember that we don't have Auston Matthews in our lineup. Sitting him in on the top line is overly optimistic.

if Smith can net 25 playing with Pageau...

Smith. Hammond. Blues. Those things are outliers.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Didn't Smith play a bunch with Stone the year he put up all those goals?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Didn't Smith play a bunch with Stone the year he put up all those goals?

Absolutely. I’m sure it vastly improved his chances. It be interesting to see his scoring with and without.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Didn't Smith play a bunch with Stone the year he put up all those goals?

Absolutely. I’m sure it vastly improved his chances. It be interesting to see his scoring with and without.

We saw without last year and the year before when he reverted back to a 4th liner. It's not pretty.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Would you?

To Ottawa: Mikko Rantanen
To Colorado: SJ 1st, Dallas 2nd, Formenton, Lajoie

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Would you?

I think Tkachuk fits better in a second line capacity vs 1st line and think the trickle effect down the lineup puts everyone in better places. I also think he's a better fit than any of the other RFAs for Ottawa.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Of course but wouldn’t be close to enough for Colorado IMO

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:

Of course but wouldn’t be close to enough for Colorado IMO
Yeah you make that deal but Colorado doesn’t. I’m not sure Melnyk does either. That’s a lot of money to add for assets he doesn’t have to pay anything for right now. If he is thinking of selling in the next couple of years, why bother.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Colorado laughs and hangs up.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
The Zack Smith era is over. Smith Chicago for Anisimov.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:The Zack Smith era is over. Smith Chicago for Anisimov.

Seems like a decent deal.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
2 years left at $4.55M. Smith was $3.25M save term.

Haven't seen a move like this (cap increase) in a while.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Nope, wrong again. His bonus was already paid, so this is another move which reduces salary while getting closer to the cap floor.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Great trade. Who cares about the money stuff when you get the better player.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:Great trade. Who cares about the money stuff when you get the better player.

Am I missing something or did we get a much better player? He didn’t have a great year last year but he was bumped down to the third line. This has rebounded written all over it.

Not to mention that anissimov is owed less money than his cap. Coincidence? I think not.

As of today, it’s a good move.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Sens save some $ and get a marginally better player.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 47 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum