GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 57 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:Isn’t boedker done after this year? Don’t see an urgency to get rid of him
Yeah, don't really see a point in moving him.  He was good at the beginning of the year and ran out of gas or just sucked down the stretch, but he's not horrible.

He might be blocking some youth, but they can wait for injuries.

blocking some youth is exactly it.

IMO he gets moved as soon as someone offers a mid-level pick for him. probably near the deadline.
it's a contract year for him so he might be motivated to get a new contract and might move his Donkey.

I'm not gonna hold my breath though

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Lagoon wrote:https://www.nhl.com/news/2019-20-ottawa-senators-season-preview/c-308556260

I haven’t read this because I’m not a fan of these generally lazy articles but I saw this on my timeline and thought I’d share.

https://dobberprospects.com/august-31-in-31-ottawa-senators/

Now this is an article I read. It’s actual quality.

Interesting article. Hard not to get excited when reading about our prospects.
they did put Batherson at C though. maybe a mistake on their part. they don't think Norris could make the team out of camp which is something I question myself. I think Davidsson has a shot to make the team but he's not talked about much.

I really hope Melnyk sells the franchise soon because I would love to walk around Montreal with a brand new Tkachuk jersey Sarcasm .
speaking of, no news about any new jerseys designed being announced. Another fail by this org to capitalize on revenues.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:Isn’t boedker done after this year? Don’t see an urgency to get rid of him
Yeah, don't really see a point in moving him.  He was good at the beginning of the year and ran out of gas or just sucked down the stretch, but he's not horrible.

IMO he gets moved as soon as someone offers a mid-level pick for him. probably near the deadline.
it's a contract year for him so he might be motivated to get a new contract and might move his Donkey.

When was the last time a player suffered from having to play a little extra time in the ahl though

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

When was the last time a player suffered from having to play a little extra time in the ahl though

True. But with some players as they age, you have to see what you have at the NHL level. Guys like Paul and Chlapik are in that kind of conversation. Probably more important to answer those questions more than having a guy like Boedker around. Even more so since NHL development is more important right now than actual wins and loses.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

True. But with some players as they age, you have to see what you have at the NHL level. Guys like Paul and Chlapik are in that kind of conversation. Probably more important to answer those questions more than having a guy like Boedker around. Even more so since NHL development is more important right now than actual wins and loses.

Fair enough. There'll be injuries and they'll have to take that chance and run.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Lagoon wrote:https://www.nhl.com/news/2019-20-ottawa-senators-season-preview/c-308556260

I haven’t read this because I’m not a fan of these generally lazy articles but I saw this on my timeline and thought I’d share.

I don't understand Batherson being lower than Abramov

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

And Wolanin at 17...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

And Wolanin at 17...

I’m either missing something with it being fantasy or something else. I think it’s evaluated on skills and ceiling. Meaning that maybe the ceiling for abramov is higher than batherson but less likely to attain it. Which is highly debateable.
Wolanin at 17 is questionable also but it’s likely in terms of ceiling for points total.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I'm very late to the party, but just thought I'd chime in to say I like the White signing. Worst case, we've slightly overpaid for a 3rd liner if for some reason he doesn't progress. The chances of this working out well in Ottawa's favourable are far higher than it backfiring I think.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:I'm very late to the party, but just thought I'd chime in to say I like the White signing.  Worst case, we've slightly overpaid for a 3rd liner if for some reason he doesn't progress.  The chances of this working out well in Ottawa's favourable are far higher than it backfiring I think.

With the steady increase in the cap year after year it won't look that bad.

- Unknown Author

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

And Wolanin at 17...

I’m either missing something with it being fantasy or something else. I think it’s evaluated on skills and ceiling. Meaning that maybe the ceiling for abramov is higher than batherson but less likely to attain it. Which is highly debateable.
Wolanin at 17 is questionable also but it’s likely in terms of ceiling for points total.

It’s a fantasy hockey site. It is strictly upside and doesn’t take into account certainty at all. Just straight up if everything develops perfectly and the player gets top linemates and time. Forget about the rankings. The write ups on the players are accurate and informed in my opinion.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

And Wolanin at 17...

It’s a fantasy hockey site. It is strictly upside and doesn’t take into account certainty at all. Just straight up if everything develops perfectly and the player gets top linemates and time. Forget about the rankings. The write ups on the players are accurate and informed in my opinion.

This is true and it’s just a minor nitpick but you can’t have Abramov over Betherson. Just can’t. Upside and certainty is in his favour clearly.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

And Wolanin at 17...

This is true and it’s just a minor nitpick but you can’t have Abramov over Betherson. Just can’t. Upside and certainty is in his favour clearly.

Can’t argue with that especially since I very much dislike Abramov and conversely, like Batherson. I could see why from a fantasy upside perspective Abramov would be higher than Batherson just from a dynamic skill set standpoint, but you will never catch me believing that Abramov will even come close to it or have me drafting him on my fantasy squad ahead of Batherson.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
This needs to be said though, if there was ever a time to suck balls for a few years, the time is nigh. The talent of these kids vying for 1st overall and even the top ~5 for the next 4 years is insane. Moreso than years before, kids these days are ready to not only play, but make an impact. Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond, Holtz, Askarov, Räty, Clarke, Wallstedt, the youngest Hughes, Lambert, Savoie, Wright, Fantilli, Bedard,...

Will the Sens be bad enough and also smart enough to get three of these kids?

Last edited by Lagoon on Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:This needs to be said though, if there was ever a time to suck balls for a few years, the time is nigh. The talent of these kids vying for 1st overall and even the top ~5 for the next 4 years is insane. Moreso than years before, kids these days are ready to not only play, but make an impact. Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond, Holtz, Askarov, Räty, Clarke, Wallstedt, the youngest Hughes, Savoie, Wright, Fantilli, Bedard,...

I think they will be bad this year but not next

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:This needs to be said though, if there was ever a time to suck balls for a few years, the time is nigh. The talent of these kids vying for 1st overall and even the top ~5 for the next 4 years is insane. Moreso than years before, kids these days are ready to not only play, but make an impact. Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond, Holtz, Askarov, Räty, Clarke, Wallstedt, the youngest Hughes, Lambert, Savoie, Wright, Fantilli, Bedard,...

I think you are wrong. Bottom 4 in 2020-21 gets you one of the names I listed for the 2021 crop. The Sens should easily be that bad again.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:This needs to be said though, if there was ever a time to suck balls for a few years, the time is nigh. The talent of these kids vying for 1st overall and even the top ~5 for the next 4 years is insane. Moreso than years before, kids these days are ready to not only play, but make an impact. Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond, Holtz, Askarov, Räty, Clarke, Wallstedt, the youngest Hughes, Lambert,  Savoie, Wright, Fantilli, Bedard,...

I think you are wrong. Bottom 4 in 2020-21 gets you one of the names I listed for the 2021 crop. The Sens should easily be that bad again.

Just my opinion, I think they’ll challenge for the playoffs next year

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:This needs to be said though, if there was ever a time to suck balls for a few years, the time is nigh. The talent of these kids vying for 1st overall and even the top ~5 for the next 4 years is insane. Moreso than years before, kids these days are ready to not only play, but make an impact. Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond, Holtz, Askarov, Räty, Clarke, Wallstedt, the youngest Hughes, Lambert,  Savoie, Wright, Fantilli, Bedard,...

Just my opinion, I think they’ll challenge for the playoffs next year

Oh trust me, I like your opinions when stated as such. slowclap

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 57 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum