You are not connected. Please login or register

 » Other Sports Talk » NBA - Basketball Talk » Toronto Raptors

Toronto Raptors

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Toronto Raptors Empty Toronto Raptors on Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:47 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
How about the Raptors in the Finals, winning game 1 and almost coming back in game 2?


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

2Toronto Raptors Empty Re: Toronto Raptors on Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:23 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
And I thought the CFL had the worst refs.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

3Toronto Raptors Empty Re: Toronto Raptors on Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:49 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
With all the injuries the Warriors have, it really should be the Raptors who come out on top. Let's hope that happens, because this might be Toronto's only shot for a long time.

4Toronto Raptors Empty Re: Toronto Raptors on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:23 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Maybe not their only shot. I believe the rumor that Leonard bought a house in Toronto had been all but confirmed.



Last edited by wprager on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

5Toronto Raptors Empty Re: Toronto Raptors on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:06 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Maybe not their only shot. I believe the rumor that Leonard bought a house in Toronto had been all but confirmed.

Interesting. †Hopefully he does stay. †He's the one superstar in the NBA who actually seems relatively down-to-earth and humble.

6Toronto Raptors Empty Re: Toronto Raptors on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I don't think he's the only one, to be honest. But he's certainly in the minority. No posturing, no taunting. Just plays.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

7Toronto Raptors Empty Re: Toronto Raptors on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:51 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
I canít believe Iím saying this but I might watch this game.
I donít think Iíve watched any basketball since the days of Michael Jordan.

8Toronto Raptors Empty Re: Toronto Raptors on Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:31 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I watched most of the first half and then the last 4-5 minutes. If not for that 18-0 run to start the second half in game 2 they would be up 3-0. They have been there better team despite some very questionable refereeing.

In getting way ahead of myself, but we have probably seen the best of Curry and we have not yet seen the best of Leonard.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

9Toronto Raptors Empty Re: Toronto Raptors on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:21 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
They won last night because Thompson didnít play. If they get durant and Thompson back it will be gswís series but hopefully not

10Toronto Raptors Empty Re: Toronto Raptors on Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:41 am

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:They won last night because Thompson didnít play. If they get durant and Thompson back it will be gswís series but hopefully not

They won last night because they played solid defence in the second half and had double-digit scoring from six players. Kawhi had a brutal first half and dominated the second half. The Raptors won every quarter.

Even with Durant and Thompson out, GS still has one of the deepest benches in the NBA. And everyone is all over how good Curry is. He had 47 points on 14/31 (45.2%) shooting. 13 of those points came from the free-throw line. For comparison sake, Kawhi had a bad first half and still scored 30 points on 9/17 (52.9%) shooting. Curry draws fouls by playing a cheap game. He jumps backwards into defenders and flops every time he takes a three when there is a hand in his face. I am not discounting how good of a shooter he is but people need to put his game in context. Golden State was also the recipient of a lot of favourable foul calls. Draymond yells at officials with out being t'd up, and Kawhi/Siakam/Ibaka get hacked every time they touch the ball.

It's been a slanted series with or without Thompson. The Raps blew game 2 and that just may be what sinks them. They should be up 3-0. Klay will be back tomorrow. Durant - I am not sure. But this series is far from over and I hope the refs don't decide it one way or another.

11Toronto Raptors Empty Re: Toronto Raptors on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:08 am

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
People always remember the winner of a championship, not the players injured on the losing team. GS had a championship win against the Cavs where Irving and Love were both hurt. No one remembers that - they remember that GS won.

No excuses regarding the Durant, Looney, and Thompson injuries. Raps have been without OG all playoffs, Lowry has a broken finger that will need surgery, and Kawhi has knee soreness. Siakam had a leg contusion against Philly and played through it.

Raps beat the best team in the NBA, and I believe the best team in the NBA since Christmas or the deadline or something along those lines. They deserve to be where they are and think they could beat a healthy GS. They did it twice in the regular season.

12Toronto Raptors Empty Re: Toronto Raptors on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:27 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:They won last night because Thompson didnít play. If they get durant and Thompson back it will be gswís series but hopefully not

They won last night because they played solid defence in the second half and had double-digit scoring from six players. Kawhi had a brutal first half and dominated the second half. The Raptors won every quarter.

Even with Durant and Thompson out, GS still has one of the deepest benches in the NBA. And everyone is all over how good Curry is. He had 47 points on 14/31 (45.2%) shooting. 13 of those points came from the free-throw line. For comparison sake, Kawhi had a bad first half and still scored 30 points on 9/17 (52.9%) shooting. Curry draws fouls by playing a cheap game. He jumps backwards into defenders and flops every time he takes a three when there is a hand in his face. I am not discounting how good of a shooter he is but people need to put his game in context. Golden State was also the recipient of a lot of favourable foul calls. Draymond yells at officials with out being t'd up, and Kawhi/Siakam/Ibaka get hacked every time they touch the ball.

It's been a slanted series with or without Thompson. The Raps blew game 2 and that just may be what sinks them. They should be up 3-0. Klay will be back tomorrow. Durant - I am not sure. But this series is far from over and I hope the refs don't decide it one way or another. † †

The Raptors are far superior if you remove both Durant and Thompson. That's just reality, it doesn't take away from their win. Curry was the only one playing well.

I would say Game 1 and 3 were clearly slanted towards Toronto but GS were clearly better in game 2.

The only chance the Raptors have of winning IMO is if Durant never comes back and Thompson also misses Game 4. No team can compete with a fully healthy GS.

13Toronto Raptors Empty Re: Toronto Raptors on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:28 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:People always remember the winner of a championship, not the players injured on the losing team. GS had a championship win against the Cavs where Irving and Love were both hurt. No one remembers that - they remember that GS won.

No excuses regarding the Durant, Looney, and Thompson injuries. Raps have been without OG all playoffs, Lowry has a broken finger that will need surgery, and Kawhi has knee soreness. Siakam had a leg contusion against Philly and played through it.

Raps beat the best team in the NBA, and I believe the best team in the NBA since Christmas or the deadline or something along those lines. They deserve to be where they are and think they could beat a healthy GS. They did it twice in the regular season. †

I mean it's a legit excuse if you don't have 2 of your top 3 players. Again it doesn't take away from a Raptors win if they go onto win, they play with what they're dealt with. I would have bet good money on GS in 4 or 5 if they were fully healthy.

14Toronto Raptors Empty Re: Toronto Raptors on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:04 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:People always remember the winner of a championship, not the players injured on the losing team. GS had a championship win against the Cavs where Irving and Love were both hurt. No one remembers that - they remember that GS won.

No excuses regarding the Durant, Looney, and Thompson injuries. Raps have been without OG all playoffs, Lowry has a broken finger that will need surgery, and Kawhi has knee soreness. Siakam had a leg contusion against Philly and played through it.

Raps beat the best team in the NBA, and I believe the best team in the NBA since Christmas or the deadline or something along those lines. They deserve to be where they are and think they could beat a healthy GS. They did it twice in the regular season. †

I mean it's a legit excuse if you don't have 2 of your top 3 players. Again it doesn't take away from a Raptors win if they go onto win, they play with what they're dealt with. I would have bet good money on GS in 4 or 5 if they were fully healthy.

It is just as legit an excuse as what the Raptors are playing through in terms of injuries. †In my opinion it's a saw off so really not relevant on either team.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

15Toronto Raptors Empty Re: Toronto Raptors on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:39 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:People always remember the winner of a championship, not the players injured on the losing team. GS had a championship win against the Cavs where Irving and Love were both hurt. No one remembers that - they remember that GS won.

No excuses regarding the Durant, Looney, and Thompson injuries. Raps have been without OG all playoffs, Lowry has a broken finger that will need surgery, and Kawhi has knee soreness. Siakam had a leg contusion against Philly and played through it.

Raps beat the best team in the NBA, and I believe the best team in the NBA since Christmas or the deadline or something along those lines. They deserve to be where they are and think they could beat a healthy GS. They did it twice in the regular season. †

I mean it's a legit excuse if you don't have 2 of your top 3 players. Again it doesn't take away from a Raptors win if they go onto win, they play with what they're dealt with. I would have bet good money on GS in 4 or 5 if they were fully healthy.

It is just as legit an excuse as what the Raptors are playing through in terms of injuries. †In my opinion it's a saw off so really not relevant on either team.

It's absolutely relevant, it would be like taking Kawhi and Lowry out. I want the Raptors to win, so I don't care.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum