GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » 2019/2020 Lineup Combos

2019/2020 Lineup Combos

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

912019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 7 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos on Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:48 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Fair. But when I look at what we got for Stone and Duchene, or to some extent Karlsson, is it really that far off? Two prospects (albeit tier 2's) and a 1st.

Whatever. I'm a dreamer I guess.

It's the UFA vs RFA that make a huge difference. Laine has more value than every player listed IMO

Yeah, the pending UFAs garner a LOT less unless there's a sign and trade. Really, we were lucky Vegas did us a solid and paid the extra to get Stone knowing they would/could sign him.

Laine's value is absolutely through the roof. GUARANTEED at least 5 years before he hits free agency. More if you want to really pay through the nose - and then you can retrade him in the summer before the 5th year and get back some of what you've paid initially.

922019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 7 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos on Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:26 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Things can obviously change but it sounds like the Sens are going with some interesting line choices in camp:

Tkachuk-White-C.Brown
Duclair-Pageau-Batherson
Paul-Brown-Veronneau

Chabot-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Brannstrom

Given the above:

- Don't think L.Brown will make the team unless he's the best player on the ice. May be hard with Paul and Veronneau as his linemates
- Love the Tkachuk line. Very gritty line.
- The Duclair line will be interesting if it works. Not sure how defensively responsible it will be.
- Is Ryan destined to play on the 4th line? Or possibly on a line with Anisimov and Formenton/Balcers/Abramov?
- Brannstrom with Hainsey sounds like they want Brann to make the team
- Leaves a fourth line of Ennis-Tierney-Boedker (worst line in hockey?)

932019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 7 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos on Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:37 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Things can obviously change but it sounds like the Sens are going with some interesting line choices in camp:

Tkachuk-White-C.Brown
Duclair-Pageau-Batherson
Paul-Brown-Veronneau

Chabot-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Brannstrom

Given the above:

- Don't think L.Brown will make the team unless he's the best player on the ice. May be hard with Paul and Veronneau as his linemates
- The Duclair line will be interesting if it works. Not sure how defensively responsible it will be.
- Is Ryan destined to play on the 4th line? Or possibly on a line with Anisimov and Formenton/Balcers/Abramov?

Ennis has been with Anisimov and Ryan which would be a great 4th line

942019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 7 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos on Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:55 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Things can obviously change but it sounds like the Sens are going with some interesting line choices in camp:

Tkachuk-White-C.Brown
Duclair-Pageau-Batherson
Paul-Brown-Veronneau

Chabot-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Brannstrom

Given the above:

Most expensive 4th line in hockey?

That leaves a real rag-tag third line of Tierney and some combo of Boedker with Formenton/Balcers/Veronneau/Abramov/Paul fighting for that last spot. Unless they move Tierney to the wing and Brown/Norris enter the mix. Boedker needs to be a healthy scratch or traded. With him out of the picture there are some combos there that could really work.

952019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 7 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos on Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:57 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I actually think buying out Boedker would be a good decision for the Sens. They're enough above the cap this year that it wouldn't matter, and next year he'd be on the books as a cap hit with all those other guys coming off the books. It would cost them 2/3 of his salary? they should really look into doing this.

962019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 7 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos on Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:13 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

Tkachuk-White-C.Brown
Duclair-Pageau-Batherson
Paul-Brown-Veronneau

Chabot-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Brannstrom

Given the above:

That leaves a real rag-tag third line of Tierney and some combo of Boedker with Formenton/Balcers/Veronneau/Abramov/Paul fighting for that last spot. Unless they move Tierney to the wing and Brown/Norris enter the mix. Boedker needs to be a healthy scratch or traded. With him out of the picture there are some combos there that could really work.

I don't think there's going to be a true line 3, line 4 etc, I think ice time will be evenly dispersed as we don't really have 20+ minute guys right now.

972019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 7 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos on Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That Ennis, Ryan, anisimov line will be a 2b line, Paul a 4th liner I would guess, l brown and veronneau to the ahl

982019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 7 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos on Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:12 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
The important thing is he put the lines together early and kept them mostly intact.

Isn't Boedker injured? Playing with pace will likely result in some injuries (strains and other minor stuff).

I would not be against starting with 14 forwards and sheets have at least one vet sitting. Makes them hungry.

992019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 7 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos on Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:16 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

Tkachuk-White-C.Brown
Duclair-Pageau-Batherson
Paul-Brown-Veronneau

Chabot-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Brannstrom

Given the above:

I don't think there's going to be a true line 3, line 4 etc, I think ice time will be evenly dispersed as we don't really have 20+ minute guys right now.

Yeah...I expect a ton of line shuffling in the early going as well. It's going to take more than training camp and preseason games to figure out where the kids stand and how to best slot them in the lineup.

1002019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 7 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos on Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
This coach appears to have a different philosophy when it comes to lines, and he has a longer leash because wins are not demanded. We might see lines set quickly and kept together for a long while.

1012019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 7 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos on Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
It's also stupid to continuously change lines around. I've always thought that.

Unless you're Crosby, you don't need to be changing players around on lines all the time. Crosby can do it with anyone, otherwise let the chemistry set and let them get to know each other.

1022019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 7 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos on Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:10 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Pierre said it best on the radio this meaning. The best way to stop a highly-skilled team is to pulverize them. Ottawa won't be able to match skill for skill but should be able to match skill with hard work. Timely hitting, a relentless forecheck, and puck pursuit will be huge for the Sens this year. And with so many guys in the mirrors NHL ready, I think DJ will have a long leash in terms of learning but a short leash in terms of effort. You don't show up and skate hard, you gone.

1032019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 7 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos on Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:02 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
That's what they were doing last night. At least in the first period (listened to the rest but saw little of it). The Leafs had zero time to decide what to do with the puck age after they got rid of it they got whacked. I don't think they kept stats for hits (both teams with zero on NHL.com) but just from watching the first is say the Sens were far ahead in that respect.

1042019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 7 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos on Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:19 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Goodness the defence was weak though. Hemmed in all the time.

1052019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 7 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos on Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:43 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Brann, De Melo, Lajoie were NHL probables.

Chabot, Zaitsev, Hainsey, Jaros, Boro did not play.

1062019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 7 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos on Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:59 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:That's what they were doing last night. At least in the first period (listened to the rest but saw little of it). The Leafs had zero time to decide what to do with the puck age after they got rid of it they got whacked. I don't think they kept stats for hits (both teams with zero on NHL.com) but just from watching the first is say the Sens were far ahead in that respect.

I didn't see the whole game, but from what I did see, the Sens were applying a lot of pressure defensively, not giving Toronto much time with the puck. It was nice to see.

1072019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 7 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos on Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:38 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Brann, De Melo, Lajoie were NHL probables.

Neither did Austin Matthew's though. Chabot is the key to everything and might be even better than anyone thinks, but we're gonna be struggling in the zone quite a bit I think.

Still, there were distinct changes in coverage, basically allowing for point shots and restricting shots from the hash marks to the net and it seemed to work.

Quite interesting to watch in an otherwise boring game.

1082019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 7 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos on Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:59 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Brann, De Melo, Lajoie were NHL probables.

Neither did Austin Matthew's though.  Chabot is the key to everything and might be even better than anyone thinks, but we're gonna be struggling in the zone quite a bit I think.

Still, there were distinct changes in coverage, basically allowing for point shots and restricting shots from the hash marks to the net and it seemed to work.

Quite interesting to watch in an otherwise boring game.

I thought Brann was really good at doing that specifically. I think that Tkachuk like can cause fits for Matthews and co tonight. Brown will want to be physical, and I think Tkachuk will try to assert himself physically. I actually like how we match up against Toronto.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum