GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 22]

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:they need to figure out an exact stance on the 'bridge' contract and a leveling of the taxes where it's equal for each team.

Not sure they can do that. They would have to factor in how cities/states in the US pay for stadiums, equalizing concession prices, etc. I don't think there is a way to really do that unless the NHL imposes it's own 'tax' on players. I think then you get into income tax issues, etc. It sounds easy on paper but each state/province has different rules. Unless they sign contracts or adjust the cap based on after-tax dollars somehow.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Canes are running a sweet drill right now at practice. Watch live here. https://www.pscp.tv/w/cFEDjTFKUkttcnFuTGR6alB8MWRqR1hSYU9FUGR4WkdvfCz4mSpAsMNtAnExcQbLCZuySlpOz4FqqcvXp-xJ?t=2h4m15s

No thank you Nod

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Canes are running a sweet drill right now at practice. Watch live here. https://www.pscp.tv/w/cFEDjTFKUkttcnFuTGR6alB8MWRqR1hSYU9FUGR4WkdvfCz4mSpAsMNtAnExcQbLCZuySlpOz4FqqcvXp-xJ?t=2h4m15s

No thank you Nod

+1. Don't give a Diddle.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Jerks.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Jerks.

Bunch a Laugh1

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Stickman

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:Stickman

Burning Car

reminds me of old days lol

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Man, I had seen that Byfuglien had taken a leave of absence from the Jets, but I had no idea what for. Now it sounds like he’s mulling retirement (he was one year left at $7.5M and is 34 years old). Hard to imagine someone passing up $7.5M for one year of hockey, but if his head isn’t in it and it’s certainly taken a toll on his body…well…maybe he does pull the plug. Crazy. I feel bad for Winnipeg…they have so much going for them, but keep having these crazy situations.

Not to mention Laine making those comments about how he should be a top line player and would be playing with top line guys on other teams…all while he remains an unsigned RFA.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Stickman

Burning Car

reminds me of old days lol

Lol, yeah.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 8 852933671

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:Man, I had seen that Byfuglien had taken a leave of absence from the Jets, but I had no idea what for.  Now it sounds like he’s mulling retirement (he was one year left at $7.5M and is 34 years old).  Hard to imagine someone passing up $7.5M for one year of hockey, but if his head isn’t in it and it’s certainly taken a toll on his body…well…maybe he does pull the plug.  Crazy.  I feel bad for Winnipeg…they have so much going for them, but keep having these crazy situations.

Not to mention Laine making those comments about how he should be a top line player and would be playing with top line guys on other teams…all while he remains an unsigned RFA.

Man, he must be right messed up. Probably concussions?

Remember the good old days of Fat Byfuglien.

And Laine, man up you little Wing Dang Doodle. Man, I hate that attitude.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
These hockey players keep forgetting about the internet and Google translate.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I know you can't judge a book by the cover, but Laine doesn't look very smart.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Man, I had seen that Byfuglien had taken a leave of absence from the Jets, but I had no idea what for.  Now it sounds like he’s mulling retirement (he was one year left at $7.5M and is 34 years old).  Hard to imagine someone passing up $7.5M for one year of hockey, but if his head isn’t in it and it’s certainly taken a toll on his body…well…maybe he does pull the plug.  Crazy.  I feel bad for Winnipeg…they have so much going for them, but keep having these crazy situations.

Man, he must be right messed up.  Probably concussions?  

Remember the good old days of Fat Byfuglien.

And Laine, man up you little Wing Dang Doodle.  Man, I hate that attitude.

Dare I say I'd rather be a Sens fan than a Jets fan right now?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Dare away.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 8 852933671

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:What's his deal?

He’s moody. He’s the bad kind of cocky. Selfish on the ice. Has anger issues and can’t control his emotions. Lastly, nothing is ever his fault. The weird thing is, all these things only come out when he enters the arena.

Peterborough just told Merkley to not even come to their city. They are having trouble trading him because nobody wants him.

Want to hear hilarious? Merkley is playing Jr. B this season now.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
It won’t last, but still funny. An OHL team or overseas are probably where he will end up this season.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:What's his deal?

He’s moody. He’s the bad kind of cocky. Selfish on the ice. Has anger issues and can’t control his emotions. Lastly, nothing is ever his fault. The weird thing is, all these things only come out when he enters the arena.

Peterborough just told Merkley to not even come to their city. They are having trouble trading him because nobody wants him.

Want to hear hilarious? Merkley is playing Jr. B this season now.

how is that even possible?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:It won’t last, but still funny. An OHL team or overseas are probably where he will end up this season.

he needs a psychologist at this point. the kid doesn't know what he's got.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum