GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 33 ... 37  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 37]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:Lol the wings are horrible

The Wings have management and other pieces the Sens dream of having. I still like the Sens, but I can also acknowledge other teams improvements, success and enjoy watching them. I’ve said for awhile now the Canes, Avs, Wings and Rangers are actually built and building properly with pieces I’m more excited about thanks to me wanting not a damn thing to do with Melnyk.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:

Yeah, unfortunately they're going to give us a real run for last place.  

I don’t see that at all. sens could be 10 points clear of 30th by years end. It’s a long season and the sens have pieces they will give away for literal pennies on the dollar yet.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Yeah, unfortunately they're going to give us a real run for last place.  

I don’t see that at all. sens could be 10 points clear of 30th by years end. It’s a long season and the sens have pieces they will give away for literal pennies on the dollar yet.

They will be trading a few players at the deadline, but the stats suggest Detroit is far worse right now. Sens have had much better coaching and defense so far. Who knows, I don't really care if the Sens finish 30th or 31st this season.

I personally think you are overrating the Wings' future, but a lot depends what happens at the draft. I think the Sens will be a playoff team sooner than them.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Detroit is so bad it's actually scary. They're worse than ottawa, however...I hope to Dung they turn it around a bit for the sake of the pick.

Because right now...they are a black hole of terrible.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
With Zach Hyman's return, Toronto apparently needs to drop as many as 3 contracts to accommodate him, which means they will likely be operating with no reserves in the pressbox. Marincin, Spezza, Shore/Holl likely to go on waivers. Unbelievable how badly Dubas screwed this up.

Next year is even worse with Muzzin, Barrie, Ceci all UFAs and looking for more money and no backup goalie signed. Enjoy your one-year window Toronto.

And I'd take Spezza in a heartbeat!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I don't really think we need to take Spezza. Maybe with the hope that he does OK and we flip him at the deadline, OR we take him in anticipation of getting rid of Tierney or Pageau or whoever...but not if it's just going to clog up our roster with another mediocre veteran.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Fabbri making Yzerman look like the genius he is in game 1.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
It was just a stupid trade by st Louis, I dont think yzerman has a lot to do with it

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
PTFlea wrote:Detroit is so bad it's actually scary.  They're worse than ottawa, however...I hope to Dung they turn it around a bit for the sake of the pick.

The Detroit Black Holes beat the Boston Bruins.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Lagoon wrote:Fabbri making Yzerman look like the genius he is in game 1.

One game. Let's see if he can last the season without another ACL surgery.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:It was just a stupid trade by st Louis, I dont think yzerman has a lot to do with it

Apparently Chiarelli is an advisor in St. Louis.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Detroit is so bad it's actually scary.  They're worse than ottawa, however...I hope to Dung they turn it around a bit for the sake of the pick.

The Detroit Black Holes beat the Boston Bruins.

Even a clock...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Maple Leafs lose Marner. Remember when Turris tested his knee every which way but loose? Similar to that. Tried to come back a couple times but eventually shut it down. Would not be at all surprised if it felt a lot worse this morning and he was up missing a few games. Leafs are just 2 points up on the Wildcard teams who have games in hand. Hyman will be back very soon but that means up to 3 players have to be cut and they could be running a bare bones roster with no room for minor injuries. That's usually when the minor ones become major ones.

I honestly don't see how that roster could not the playoffs but consider that the current set of teams on the outside looking in includes both Florida teams and a bunch of jerks.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Maple Leafs lose Marner. Remember when Turris tested his knee every which way but loose? Similar to that. Tried to come back a couple times but eventually shut it down. Would not be at all surprised if it felt a lot worse this morning and he was up missing a few games. Leafs are just 2 points up on the Wildcard teams who have games in hand. Hyman will be back very soon but that means up to 3 players have to be cut and they could be running a bare bones roster with no room for minor injuries. That's usually when the minor ones become major ones.

I honestly don't see how that roster could not the playoffs but consider that the current set of teams on the outside looking in includes both Florida teams and a bunch of jerks.

We're seeing exactly what I said would happen. What I didn't expect was Barrie looking complete out of place. The thing about Toronto is they shouldn't trade Nylander as he's actually performing this year which leaves very few options for them to improve without giving up a really good piece . And if for whatever reason Andersen goes down, theyre toast

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Maple Leafs lose Marner. Remember when Turris tested his knee every which way but loose? Similar to that. Tried to come back a couple times but eventually shut it down. Would not be at all surprised if it felt a lot worse this morning and he was up missing a few games. Leafs are just 2 points up on the Wildcard teams who have games in hand. Hyman will be back very soon but that means up to 3 players have to be cut and they could be running a bare bones roster with no room for minor injuries. That's usually when the minor ones become major ones.

We're seeing exactly what I said would happen. What I didn't expect was Barrie looking complete out of place. The thing about Toronto is they shouldn't trade Nylander as he's actually performing this year which leaves very few options for them to improve without giving up a really good piece . And if for whatever reason Andersen goes down, theyre toast

They don’t have a choice. They will have to break up their top 4 forwards at one point. They can’t keep 4 guys making that much money. Whether it’s this year or next it’s gonna happen. It should have happened before now too. If they are smart they will go after a young D that can be top 2 but still on entry level or bridge deal. It made no sense when they were talking about pietrangelo.

They will continue to flirt with competing until they address this.

But as far as I’m concerned keep flirting. Matthews will leave in 5 years and they will slowly go back towards mediocrity and we will all laugh about how well they could have set themselves up and how greedy they got without being able to put a contender together.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
They should be speaking to Dallas about Honka.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They should be speaking to Dallas about Honka.

He asked to be traded and nothing happened.
He should be had for cheap. But would they part with him for cheap?

I have my doubts wether he’s really top 4 down te road.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
He's at least someone the leafs could build around when Ceci, muzzin and Barrie become ufas

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 33 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum