GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 42]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Last one:

Hey Mike Babcock....simply put your players quit on you. They quit on you because you are a terrible human being. You are an average coach with an extremely oversized ego. You finally got exactly what you deserve you selfish prick. The hockey world is ecstatic.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hopefully Toronto doesn't turn it around now.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Last one:

Hey Mike Babcock....simply put your players quit on you. They quit on you because you are a terrible human being. You are an average coach with an extremely oversized ego. You finally got exactly what you deserve you selfish prick. The hockey world is ecstatic.

The team has fallen apart since Lou left. They hire a needle-Richard in Dubas who has zero experience and no foresight into how to manage a team. They bring in Tavares which sent them into cap hell, then name him captain after a year instead of Reilly. The Leafs problems stem far deeper than trying to trade Nylander for pieces. IMO they may need to trade Matthews and rebuild this team from the defense out. 4 guys counting for half the cap is a recipe for disaster and we're seeing it firsthand. Reilly is the only d-man signed next year and I am not so sure they're going to be able to attract top end defencemen via free agency. We may see an even worse Leafs team on the ice next season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

The team has fallen apart since Lou left. They hire a needle-Richard in Dubas who has zero experience and no foresight into how to manage a team. They bring in Tavares which sent them into cap hell, then name him captain after a year instead of Reilly. The Leafs problems stem far deeper than trying to trade Nylander for pieces. IMO they may need to trade Matthews and rebuild this team from the defense out. 4 guys counting for half the cap is a recipe for disaster and we're seeing it firsthand. Reilly is the only d-man signed next year and I am not so sure they're going to be able to attract top end defencemen via free agency. We may see an even worse Leafs team on the ice next season.

I can't talk about that piece of Dung team too much, but Tavares was a fine signing. Pretty much the only thing the GM did right. What you can't do at that point is sit around with 5 high prices forwards holding your wiener hoping your defence will be ok.

Kapenen, Nylander - pick one and make the right deal for a good D-man.

But then, for all the praise heaped on them for ridding themselves of Zaitsev, they never were able to acquire a backup goalie, thought Ceci would be the right answer, spent a 1st round pick on Muzzin, spent a first round pick to rid yourself of Marleau (which was Lou's fault, admittedly). The stupid just doesn't stop there.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Looks like the Flames struggles will be tough to overcome.  I had the sense this might be the case going into this season.  A lot of career years for guys last season coupled with the poor end of season running into the playoffs.  I don't think they've hit rock bottom yet either.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Looks like the Flames struggles will be tough to overcome.  I had the sense this might be the case going into this season.  A lot of career years for guys last season coupled with the poor end of season running into the playoffs.  I don't think they've hit rock bottom yet either.

Could we have tkachuk?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Dubas will never be able to trade matthews. He’d be fired before he could pull the trigger.
The fans would crucify him also.

To be honest as spez mention they do have some choices. Marner and Matthews are untoucheables until their contracts come up again and make it obvious they want to be moved.
That leaves as a primary asset Nylander and then Kapanen. To a certain extent Barrie and Dermott.
I’m not sure how they pull something off to remain competitive and be put over the top but that’s what they got.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I’m pretty sure Dubas thought they could go with the Pittsburg model but the leafs don’t have the heart that brought those pens to their cups.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Well, for one none of Toronto's players are crosby or Malkin in their prime, and Andersen is not fleury.

But yeah, had they drafted better they could have come close to Pittsburgh s model. Still time. Marner, tavares and Mathews are damn good

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Looks like the Flames struggles will be tough to overcome.  I had the sense this might be the case going into this season.  A lot of career years for guys last season coupled with the poor end of season running into the playoffs.  I don't think they've hit rock bottom yet either.

Kinda sucks for a team that looked like they were heading in the right direction.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Toronto does have most of the pieces to compete for a Cup...but I'm not certain their locker room is harmonious (I maintain that Auston Matthews is a giant bunghole).  And then their D needs help.  Ceci probably was not a solution.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lol probably not the solution.

Their d sucks, their coaching was awful, marner has been banged up, their team is soft as baby Dung

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Damn. Lundell will miss the WJ’s.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Interesting read:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1198270969380581376.html

Mark Fraser also had some inside dirt on Melnyk age the Sens, didn't he?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:Interesting read:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1198270969380581376.html

Mark Fraser also had some inside dirt on Melnyk age the Sens, didn't he?

Huh...that's damning.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
This was Mark Fraser on the Sens and Melnyk:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/mark-fraser-no-faith-in-sens-ownership-1.5037268

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
How much did they hate Babcock? Damn...they must feel so much better playing for keefe.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Grubauer let in a couple of weak ones, Andersen made a bunch of highlight reel saves, Leafs win by two with an empty-net good. I don't think they have solved anything. If Andersen gets injured they will miss the playoffs. If they make the playoffs he will be too worn down to play at a high level for 4 rounds.

I think they need a competent backup even more than they need to fix their D.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum