GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 41]

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
My guess is they go 6-4 over their next 10

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I wonder what the big delay is in firing Peters. Seems like it's a forgone conclusion at this point. Also, can you do the Flames a solid and have the Sens lose? :D

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I wonder what the big delay is in firing Peters.  Seems like it's a forgone conclusion at this point.  Also, can you do the Flames a solid and have the Sens lose? :D

Yeah, he 100% will be fired. As in any other workplace though, they need to show that there was a proper investigation done though, and that facts were collected and validated. It’s only been what…3 days or something since this all hit the fan? The Flames did the right think in sending Peters home while the investigation takes place. It’s kind of a Dung thing to lose your job for something that happened years ago, but that’s life I guess…it sounds like Peters has had a pattern of abusive behaviour.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I agree. It also seems he wasn't entirely truthful in his statement and now that this has come out it's ballooned into something much larger and it's really about time if what's being said has been going on for as long as it has throughout hockey.

- Unknown Author

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I agree.  It also seems he wasn't entirely truthful in his statement and now that this has come out it's ballooned into something much larger and it's really about time if what's being said has been going on for as long as it has throughout hockey.

They may be trying to gather more evidence to avoid paying him. There is a difference between 'firing' and 'firing with cause' apparently. But the delay has me a little concerned that they may in fact not fire him which would be an atrocity.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I wonder what the big delay is in firing Peters.  Seems like it's a forgone conclusion at this point.  Also, can you do the Flames a solid and have the Sens lose? :D

They are covering their Donkey. It is employment law 101. Suspended pending investigations. Optics. Fired. In that order.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
And right on cue...fired.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Hearing rumors of Hall to Montreal (for Poehling +)

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Hearing rumors of Hall to Montreal (for Poehling +)

Seems like a bad idea. It's not like Hall is going to magically put them over the top. They have some very good young players...build around that and don't mortage the future for some sort of ill-advised run at the Cup in the near term.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Hearing rumors of Hall to Montreal (for Poehling +)

Seems like a bad idea.  It's not like Hall is going to magically put them over the top.  They have some very good young players...build around that and don't mortage the future for some sort of ill-advised run at the Cup in the near term.

If they can lock up hall I think it’s not the worst move.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:And right on cue...fired.

He apparently resigned.  Makes no financial sense from Peters' point of view.  Isn't owed the rest of his contract and will likely never coach in the NHL again.  Unless there was some back door dealings to give him his salary.

- Unknown Author

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Seems like a bad idea.  It's not like Hall is going to magically put them over the top.  They have some very good young players...build around that and don't mortage the future for some sort of ill-advised run at the Cup in the near term.

Apparently he's close with Domi.

I dunno - the Habs have a ton of high-end prospects so they can afford to give up one or two if they can secure Hall long-term. He still doesn't address the fact that they are weak down the middle, and he certainly won't put them over the top but he'd be their best forward for sure. They also have a ton of cap space to work with.

I'd be willing to give up Drouin + Poehling + Lindgren in a sign-and-trade situation (or a guaranteed extension). I think it's a win-win for both teams. Good haul for NJ and Montreal isn't giving up any significant pieces.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Puljujarvi and Honka are contractually banned from playing in the NHL this year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Apparently he's close with Domi.

I dunno - the Habs have a ton of high-end prospects so they can afford to give up one or two if they can secure Hall long-term. He still doesn't address the fact that they are weak down the middle, and he certainly won't put them over the top but he'd be their best forward for sure. They also have a ton of cap space to work with.

I'd be willing to give up Drouin + Poehling + Lindgren in a sign-and-trade situation (or a guaranteed extension). I think it's a win-win for both teams. Good haul for NJ and Montreal isn't giving up any significant pieces.
If I’m NJ I’d do that. But long term I have questions about overpayment. Drouin is someone who would do good elsewhere.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
These Babcock stories that are coming out are crazy. Any team would be insane to hire him. Good on the players to stand up for themselves even after all this time.

On an opposite note, eat lemons Sean Avery (Mark Crawford)

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:These Babcock stories that are coming out are crazy. Any team would be insane to hire him. Good on the players to stand up for themselves even after all this time.

On an opposite note, eat lemons Sean Avery (Mark Crawford)

Yeah, nobody has anything good to say about Babcock. Hopefully he never coaches again...it sounds like he is a terrible person. Also, there's probably endless stories about Mark Crawford being terrible...he's about as crazy as they come.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Sounds like an a1 prick, which isnt news really

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It’s funny, but also not funny that more hockey culture is being brought into the spotlight and people are somehow surprised (or feigning surprise) and expressing shock (or feigning shock).

A lot of current and former coaches have done and said terrible things to players. Some just make it way more of a habit (i.e. Babcock) than others. And guess what? The players treat each other like Dung too. Go spend a weekend in a local arena and watch 12 year olds absolutely pummel each other. And then the ref might call a penalty, and the 12 year olds will yell obscenities at the ref (who is also a kid, by the way), and the coaches will yell obscenities at the ref, and the parents will yell obscenities at the ref and the kids on the other team. It’s really horrible, and it’s engrained in hockey culture, and general sports culture to a certain degree. People set foot in an arena or stadium, and they feel like all of a sudden they have a license to act like an absolute idiot, whether it’s a fan, parent, coach, or player. It’s all very Cussed up, and this coaching thing is just the tip of the iceberg.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum