GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25 ... 46  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 46]

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I think Toronto is set up for a tumultuous year where everything can and will go wrong.

Out: Kadri, Marleau, Ennis, Brown, Gardiner, Hainsey, Zaitsev, Rosen (top D prospect)
In: Spezza, Kerfoot, Ceci, Harpur, Barrie

They're worse than last year and an injury away to a top player.

I think Boston is Boston, Tampa is Tampa, and Montreal/Florida have improved. Toronto will be in tough.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think Toronto is set up for a tumultuous year where everything can and will go wrong.

Out: Kadri, Marleau, Ennis, Brown, Gardiner, Hainsey, Zaitsev, Rosen (top D prospect)

I think Boston is Boston, Tampa is Tampa, and Montreal/Florida have improved. Toronto will be in tough.

Yes but their top players might take a couple steps forward and improve also.
It’s tough to tell how good or bad they will be.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I tend to agree. They were pretty healthy for long stretches last year, they better hope they have the depth to overcome any key injuries.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think Toronto is set up for a tumultuous year where everything can and will go wrong.

None of their top players are playing for contracts.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

None of their top players are playing for contracts.
but they are young. Does anyone think we’ve seen the best years of Matthews, Marner and Nylander? I don’t. They will need more than those guys. Barrie is in a contract year and Dermott could still become better. Young Petan could turn some heads also.

I’m not saying the leafs will win the east or the division but I don’t necessarily think they’ll take a step back.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Leafs will only go to 11 (see what I did there?) on a 7 or 8 year deal, and Marner won't give him UFA years at that AAV. He will have to back end load the contract so it's something ridiculous in the last year, driving his QO up.

I could easily see this driving a wedge in the room.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
That said, I'd still be surprised if they don't finish top 3 in the Atlantic.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:That said, I'd still be surprised if they don't finish top 3 in the Atlantic.

If Florida had gotten Panarin, I would have said they're in tough for top 3, but I think that's a safe bet. I still think Florida looks mighty dangerous now. Toronto looks good offensively - or they have 3 disgustingly good players (2 under contract lol), and a pretty good supporting cast, but that defence lacks snarl as usual. And Anderson has his moments where he's amazing and then where he's really pedestrian. We'll see. They can suck 7 dicks, that's for sure.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
It gives on Anderson. If he's good (not even great) they'll win enough games to be top three.

Tampa is going to be pissed off. But will they be better than last year? What would be the purpose? They should leave some gas in the tank.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Again, Montreal will be better and so will Florida. I don't think it will be easy for the Leafs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Again, Montreal will be better and so will Florida. I don't think it will be easy for the Leafs.

I can't take Montreal seriously at all. How are they better?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Again, Montreal will be better and so will Florida. I don't think it will be easy for the Leafs.

I can't take Montreal seriously at all.  How are they better?

The addition of Poehling and Suzuki into the line-up.
But I’m with you. There’s no guarantees with them.
They overachieved last year and there’s going to be a learning curve for the young one. They could fall short of the playoffs again.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I can't take Montreal seriously at all.  How are they better?

The addition of Poehling and Suzuki into the line-up.
But I’m with you. There’s no guarantees with them.
They overachieved last year and there’s going to be a learning curve for the young one. They could fall short of the playoffs again.

JK is a year older, Mete will probably be a full timer, Weber will be healthy. I wouldn't take them lightly. They're not the best team but they certainly bring the effort on a consistent basis.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
And look at who Toronto lost this year. They are not as well rounded a team. Spezza, Ceci, and Harpur are pilons on what is already not a good defensive team.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I heard, on Sportsnet Radio, out in Calgary, that TO offered Marner a 7 year 77 million dollar contract and he turned it down.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
On a side note. What happened yesterday at 12:45am that set a new record for most people on the forum at once?

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I heard, on Sportsnet Radio, out in Calgary, that TO offered Marner a 7 year 77 million dollar contract and he turned it down.

Yeah...you'll have to do better than that to get him signed into his ufa years.

That's us dollars too. I think someone said it was 116 Canadian million dollars

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Matthews is making 11.6 per year. How much more do you think Marner should get?

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 46]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25 ... 46  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum