GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Go down  Message [Page 45 of 46]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
If you are part of wanting the Sharks to tank, Couture just left the ice. His left knee. Collision with the boards mostly with speed.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
And for all the Jerks in the world, the Canes re-signed Justin Williams. Their announcers just said it live and they cut away to Williams with Dundon.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Did we just watch the end of an era with 42 year old Brady missing the playoffs?

He made the playoffs. He lost. I don't think he can be blamed. The Pats had no throwing options Double-team Edelman and they're left with very average running backs. He'll be back next season and they'll do something to bring in a receiver (and maybe Gronk). He's got another season or two in him for sure.

Pats not getting a bye is like missing the playoffs:)

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I'm also not sure he goes back to New England

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
super worried that montreal drives themselves right off the cliff. Tampa has 8 wins in a row, Toronto and Boston are rolling, and Florida and Buffalo are both better teams. With the draft coming up in Montreal and Lafrenniere touted as being the next Quebecois superstar, I am worried they go full tank ahead. Unfortunately for them they don't really have any assets that other teams would want aside from maybe Scandella or Thompson.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Ottawa could pull pretty close to the Habs with wins against them and Detroit this weekend.

On a more positive note, San Jose's next 7 games: CBJ, DAL, @ ARI, @ COL, @ VAN, ANA, VAN

Dallas clinging to a playoff spot, Arizona and Vegas tied for 1st in the division, Colorado has been struggling but is still a beast in the west, and Vancouver is 1 point out if the playoffs. I see SJ going 3-4 at best to close out January.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Couture expected out for 5-6 weeks

Can't help but feel bad for Sharks fans. Apparently the fanbase is really upset with the Karlsson trade/extension. It's going to take a while for them to get out of their bad contracts on D and losing Norris really hurts their rebuild. Karlsson has 7 more years left on his contract, Burns 5, Vlasic 6, and they're all declining. "Chemistry" has been the issue apparently. They have a lot of UFAs this off-season but all at the lower dollar value.

I can see them flipping Thornton (from London), Marleau (former Leaf and buds with Marner/Matthews), and Dillon (defensive depth) to Toronto for a package that sees SJ remaining some money but receiving Bracco, a 3rd rd pick, and someone off their roster (Gauthier).

Johnson-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Tavares-Marner
Kerfoot-Thornton-Kapanen
Hyman-Spezza-Mikheyev

Reilly-Barrie
Muzzin-Ceci
Dillon-Holl
Dermott

Pretty deadly roster

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Gallagher played in last night's loss to the Oilers but woke up with a headache. May not be concussion related but if it is, who knows how long they'll keep him out.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shero fired. a little out of left field if you ask me. i mean, the devils aren't very good but they just fired their coach. you'd think they'd ride him out for the season. Martin brodeur being groomed for the job?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Their off-season moves made them worse than last year. That's on the GM.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:shero fired. a little out of left field if you ask me. i mean, the devils aren't very good but they just fired their coach. you'd think they'd ride him out for the season. Martin brodeur being groomed for the job?

Apparently their owner is quite involved in the decision-making which is why they went out and got PK. They are competing with New York sports (two football teams, two baseball teams, two basketball teams, etc) and got Subban to help drive ticket sales. I think there is added pressure for them to be successful now, and my bet is Shero wanted to keep Hall but ownership didn't want to take the risk. That could have created a rift.

It's too bad. If NJ had decent goaltending they'd be in the hunt for a wildcard spot. But this does bode well for Ottawa as NJ will have added pressure to win under new management.

But man are Anaheim, LA and Montreal bad. Finishing bottom three may not happen for Ottawa.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Rielly out up to 8 weeks. Welcome to your Ceci years or at least weeks.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Rielly out up to 8 weeks. Welcome to your Ceci years or at least weeks.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ducks upsetting the Blues tonight. Habs beating Calgary.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Montreal is just swarming Calgary right now. The broadcast doesn’t show the shots but it must be 10-1 5 minutes in.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
So Gallant who gets his team to overachieve for two years is fired and DeBoer is hired. What a joke lol

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Unreal. Team is 3 points out of 1st in the Division. I wonder if it's because he used to yell at the players.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
And it's not like DeBoer has proven much at the NHL level.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 45 of 46]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum