GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 43 ... 56  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 56]

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:White is Zack Smith with a Boston accent.

That I don't see even a little bit personally.

Sure you do. Just think back 8-10 years. Smith was fast, hit hard, was a pain in the rear to play against.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
I have not really seen much creativity to White's game that you expect from a top six center. He may have better hands than Smith ever did but he is a North/South player from what he's shown so far.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Court case between Melnyk and Ruddy is going ahead:
https://www.iheartradio.ca/580-cfra/news/lawsuit-between-sens-owner-eugene-melnyk-and-developer-john-ruddy-will-go-ahead-1.10093452

Munch

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:White is Zack Smith with a Boston accent.

That I don't see even a little bit personally.

Sure you do. Just think back 8-10 years. Smith was fast, hit hard, was a pain in the rear to play against.

His hands were never as good as White's though. White has nice passing hands and a really good shot when he uses it, Smith was more the crash the net kind of player.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Smith is like brady tkachuk ULTRA light.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
White is not Zack Smith. If you're looking for a Sens comparable it's Vermette for me . Not quite top six but too good to be a third liner.

He's good defensively and will score 20-25 on an inconsistent basis throughout his career

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:Smith is like brady tkachuk ULTRA light.

ULTRRRRRAAAAA light

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Brown = Spezza
Batherson = Heatley
Formenton = Condra with hands (maybe?)

We need an Alfie , Hossa, and havlat. None of our prospects have that elite talent or hands.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Brown = Spezza
Batherson = Heatley
Formenton = Condra with hands (maybe?)

We need an Alfie , Hossa, and havlat. None of our prospects have that elite talent or hands.

Goodness...I wish those were the comparisons

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Brown = Spezza
Batherson = Heatley
Formenton = Condra with hands (maybe?)

We need an Alfie , Hossa, and havlat. None of our prospects have that elite talent or hands.

i don't see this at all.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Brown = Spezza
Batherson = Heatley
Formenton = Condra with hands (maybe?)

We need an Alfie , Hossa, and havlat. None of our prospects have that elite talent or hands.

Goodness...I wish those were the comparisons

They wont put up the same numbers but brown is a high IQ, pass first center that doesn't use his size well and isn't a great skater. Batherson seems like he's not a possession guy bit has an NHL shot and quick release. He's a goal scorer, not great defensively. Formenton is a speedy winger that can play up and down the lineup whose hands are suspect. Will get a lot of chances but may not bury. Again not suggesting batherson hits 50 goals or Brown hits 100 points. Just comparing their playing styles

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Brown = Spezza
Batherson = Heatley
Formenton = Condra with hands (maybe?)

We need an Alfie , Hossa, and havlat. None of our prospects have that elite talent or hands.

Goodness...I wish those were the comparisons

They wont put up the same numbers but brown is a high IQ, pass first center that doesn't use his size well and isn't a great skater. Batherson seems like he's not a possession guy bit has an NHL shot and quick release. He's a goal scorer, not great defensively. Formenton is a speedy winger that can play up and down the lineup whose hands are suspect. Will get a lot of chances but may not bury. Again not suggesting batherson hits 50 goals or Brown hits 100 points. Just comparing their playing styles

Yeah, very lite versions of these players. If they match their ceilings at that.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
At what point will DJ Smith be held accountable for some poor decisions in development?

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:At what point will DJ Smith be held accountable for some poor decisions in development?

Meanwhile B-Sena get crushed at home last night. 3 points for Norris, 2 for Brown and Batherson. PP goes 4/5

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Outscored 3-0 in the second period.

Is it leave of focus? Conditioning? Drive?

Or is it an organization incompetence in making the long line change?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
I don't think they have good defense or goaltending to be honest. There's a reason they drafted sogaard . I don't think they believe in their goaltending depth . Jordan Murray was a -5 and Englund was -3

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Their defense is really poor. I said that early on in response to someone taking up their chances because of their loaded roster. Englund had regressed from the potential he showed a couple years ago. Jaros seems to have lost all his confidence.

They are the Leafs of the AHL but without Andersen standing on his head.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
yeah but we knew the Belleville D was gonna be terrible going into the year. and without Brannstrom there it's worst. Jaros is a bit of a surprise but he probably didn't see this turn of event coming and might be affected by it.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 56]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 43 ... 56  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum