GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33 ... 63  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 63]

Lagoon


Veteran
Veteran
And Pacioretty has made a career of that at even-strength and especially short-handed.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Just gonna be such an Donkey hat to play against.  Yeah, fast as heck, forechecker, Dung disturber.  Everything.

Maybe his hands will be ok at some point and he'll flirt with 20 goals.  That remains to be seen.

I watched the Vegas highlights from the other night. I can't get over how much of a cherry-picker Pacioretty is. Slips out behind the opposing defencemen when the other team loses puck possession in the offensive zone. Clear breakaway every time - zero accountability on D. But it's effective.

With Formenton's speed - especially on the PK - I see no reason why he can't score 10 goals a year on partial breakaways. Even in his 9 games last season, he had a couple chances each game on partial or full breakaways. I expect to see a few tonight against a weak Toronto D. If his hands catch up to his feet I see 20-25 being the norm for him. I see him as a third liner with Norris and Balcers. If they re-sign Pageau, I see Norris sliding to the wing. That's a nasty shutdown line with a ton of speed and offensive potential down the road. Add in Lafrenniere and Ottawa can be pretty talented and hard team to play against.

Next season:

Tkachuk-White-Brown
Lafrenniere-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Pageau-Norris
Duclair-Tierney-Ryan
Extras: Chlapik, Davidsson, Abramov, Kelly, Veronneau, SJ 1st

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Jaros
Wolanin-JBD
Extras: Lassi, Lajoie

Nilsson
Hogberg
Extras: Gustavsson, D'Accord, Sogaard, Mandolese

We're so close to being good I can taste it.

I like what you did with Lafreniere, but Lassi is 3-4 years away in my opinion. My analysis of him have changed, but my timeframe hasn’t.

Extras are guys in the system. If Lassi does well in a men's league he may be closer than we think. Two years away IMO

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
And I think I see JBD making the jump. Maybe not a full time NHLer next season but I think they'll want him in to develop with this young core. They can take their time with Lassi. Or they slot De Melo in where I have JBD on a two-year deal.

I also love that next year's draft is in Mtl. Would be amazing to see the Sens draft top-two and also use some of those seconds and their SJ 1st to move up and get another top-ten guy.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

We're so close to being good I can taste it.

Until that Cussing Dung bird ruins everything.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:And I think I see JBD making the jump. Maybe not a full time NHLer next season but I think they'll want him in to develop with this young core. They can take their time with Lassi. Or they slot De Melo in where I have JBD on a two-year deal.

I also love that next year's draft is in Mtl. Would be amazing to see the Sens draft top-two and also use some of those seconds and their SJ 1st to move up and get another top-ten guy.

Next year? No rush for him to leave University next year - or really the year after. Why waste a chance for an elite level education just to play in the AHL - which I don't think he'd be eligible for (I have no idea on the rules there).

Thomson I could see coming over soon to play in the AHL and make an appearance or two in the NHL, not BD, but I've been wrong many, many, many times before, so...

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

We're so close to being good I can taste it.

Until that Cussing Dung bird ruins everything.

I think Melnyk is closer to selling than we all think. Does anyone not think it's weird that he's liquidated his front office and hasn't been on any radio shows / in the public eye for quite some time? I've been told he's been treated in Toronto for a serious illness, and his financials are worse than we think.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

We're so close to being good I can taste it.

Until that Cussing Dung bird ruins everything.

I think Melnyk is closer to selling than we all think. Does anyone not think it's weird that he's liquidated his front office and hasn't been on any radio shows / in the public eye for quite some time? I've been told he's been treated in Toronto for a serious illness, and his financials are worse than we think.

Hence why he also did not speak about the whole casino thing. his lawyer spoke on his behalf. Melnyk won't be around by this time next season. h

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

We're so close to being good I can taste it.

Until that Cussing Dung bird ruins everything.

I think Melnyk is closer to selling than we all think. Does anyone not think it's weird that he's liquidated his front office and hasn't been on any radio shows / in the public eye for quite some time? I've been told he's been treated in Toronto for a serious illness, and his financials are worse than we think.

Just curious, did you get the illness thing from reddit? I saw that posted months ago. I don't wish illness on anyone so that would suck no matter how much we wanta new owner

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
No. I heard it from someone in the know. That's all I can really say. Whether it's true or not remains to be seen, but I trust the person that o heard this from.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:No. I heard it from someone in the know. That's all I can really say. Whether it's true or not remains to be seen, but I trust the person that o heard this from.

I don't wish illness on anybody, but dear god, let's get this team sold. The vibe will be so positive after that.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:No. I heard it from someone in the know. That's all I can really say. Whether it's true or not remains to be seen, but I trust the person that o heard this from.

I don't wish illness on anybody, but dear god, let's get this team sold.  The vibe will be so positive after that.

Yeah I certainly don't want to be the source of rumor mongering considering how well I know the person who told me this. Melnyk is poor (not a rumor) and barely meets the financial compliancy to keep the team. He actually doesn't meet the criteria but is using the Seattle franchise price plus the fact that he has a stadium to drive up the price of the franchise. Losing the LeBreton deal killed him financially. There is a group interested - I think they are waiting for Melnyk to get desperate or the league to do something. The interested group is in fact a group with a significant financial backing.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Also, the story of Eugene bouncing some bank drafts trying to pay off $900K in sports gambling debt was a fun little side story to start the season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:Also, the story of Eugene bouncing some bank drafts trying to pay off $900K in sports gambling debt was a fun little side story to start the season.

Yeah, holy crap, can someone please make him go away?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
It should be noted that Dorion razor Cussed Columbus in that Dzingel for Duclair + 2 2nd round picks trade.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
So the Sens have a preseason game in Vancouver next week. What the heck is with the ridiculous travel in the preseason? We're just coming off a game in Newfoundland.... Why not just keep preseason games limited to divisional matchups and/or within the geographic region? Seems so unnecessary, especially if you consider that this is part of training camp and teams have to waste so much time travelling.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:So the Sens have a preseason game in Vancouver next week.  What the heck is with the ridiculous travel in the preseason?  We're just coming off a game in Newfoundland....  Why not just keep preseason games limited to divisional matchups and/or within the geographic region?  Seems so unnecessary, especially if you consider that this is part of training camp and teams have to waste so much time travelling.

That's so dumb. I'd play all scrubs for that one.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
What is this? No Zaitsev?


Sens line up for tonight’s game vs Toronto:

Tkachuk - White - C. Brown
Ennis - Anisimov - Ryan
Paul - L.Brown - Veronneau
Carcone - Szwarz - Sabourin

Chabot - Guennette
Borowiecki - Jaros
Murray - Hainsey

Anderson
Gustavsson

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:What is this?  No Zaitsev?


Sens line up for tonight’s game vs Toronto:

Tkachuk - White - C. Brown
Ennis - Anisimov - Ryan
Paul - L.Brown - Veronneau
Carcone - Szwarz - Sabourin

Chabot - Guennette
Borowiecki - Jaros
Murray - Hainsey

Anderson
Gustavsson
I've seen two different reports one says Smith wants to play some of the younger guys and one says Zaitsev wants to play the last 4 games

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 63]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33 ... 63  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum