GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 50 ... 70  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 70]

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
I don't think they have good defense or goaltending to be honest. There's a reason they drafted sogaard . I don't think they believe in their goaltending depth . Jordan Murray was a -5 and Englund was -3

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Their defense is really poor. I said that early on in response to someone taking up their chances because of their loaded roster. Englund had regressed from the potential he showed a couple years ago. Jaros seems to have lost all his confidence.

They are the Leafs of the AHL but without Andersen standing on his head.

Flo The Action


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
yeah but we knew the Belleville D was gonna be terrible going into the year. and without Brannstrom there it's worst. Jaros is a bit of a surprise but he probably didn't see this turn of event coming and might be affected by it.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:At what point will DJ Smith be held accountable for some poor decisions in development?

Meanwhile B-Sena get crushed at home last night. 3 points for Norris, 2 for Brown and Batherson. PP goes 4/5

Everything is just ridiculous with Ottawa. I used to laugh it off, but I haven’t been able to for about 18 months now. The DJ Smith hiring and subsequent love was just head-scratching. Meanwhile, Dave Tippett may be coaching the Oilers into the playoffs. We have Smith who was in charge of the Leafs putrid defencemen and system.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:At what point will DJ Smith be held accountable for some poor decisions in development?

Meanwhile B-Sena get crushed at home last night. 3 points for Norris, 2 for Brown and Batherson. PP goes 4/5

Everything is just ridiculous with Ottawa. I used to laugh it off, but I haven’t been able to for about 18 months now. The DJ Smith hiring and subsequent love was just head-scratching. Meanwhile, Dave Tippett may be coaching the Oilers into the playoffs. We have Smith who was in charge of the Leafs putrid defencemen and system.

i don't think Tippett would have touched Ottawa with a ten-foot pole.

they clearly got the candidate they could afford and the one that wouldn't rock the boat too much.

it was a head-scratcher but not really when you look at how restricted the team is under ownership.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I’m pretty impressed by the coaching to be honest. We just don’t have the talent to win games. Edmonton has two superstar forwards and some really good D. The situations are not comparable. And Toronto is still awful defensively.

To me the sens have been night and day better defensively and system wise than last year. If they play like this in a few years we will make the playoffs.

I also don’t care if Belleville is good or not. As long as the top guys score that’s all that matters to me.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I don't mind the coaching staff so far. There's only so much you can do with this lineup. Actually, there's nothing you can do with this lineup. We all know that we go with first time coaches and "redemption stories" (i.e. Guy Boucher) because that's all Eugene can afford.


On a different note, if you can find the audio clip of Colin White talking about being moved away from Brady Tkachuk to centre Ennis and Bobby R (a demotion), it's one of the funniest things you'll ever here. Colin White lives in his own special universe. He starts talking about how anytime you get new linemates, it's exciting, a change of scenery, getting to centre two great players, etc. The guys on TGOR this morning couldn't stop laughing over it. It's great.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Tippett? What kind of success has he ever had? He's good at missing the playoffs I guess.

This is exactly where Ottawa was supposed to be. In most games but missing two top line forwards and thus losing every game.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
The only problem I have with the coaching is I don't think it's helpful as much to switch the goalies every game. Anderson was good against Minnesota but the Nilsson player next against Vegas and again good. But why doesn't he reward the good goalie by playing next game it throws off their rhythm

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:I don't mind the coaching staff so far.  There's only so much you can do with this lineup.  Actually, there's nothing you can do with this lineup.  We all know that we go with first time coaches and "redemption stories" (i.e. Guy Boucher) because that's all Eugene can afford.


On a different note, if you can find the audio clip of Colin White talking about being moved away from Brady Tkachuk to centre Ennis and Bobby R (a demotion), it's one of the funniest things you'll ever here.  Colin White lives in his own special universe.  He starts talking about how anytime you get new linemates, it's exciting, a change of scenery, getting to centre two great players, etc.  The guys on TGOR this morning couldn't stop laughing over it.  It's great.

He's a 3C

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Nothing like calling up your AHL healthy scratch. Go sens. Not capitalizing them anymore. Puking2

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
More line juggling ahead of today's game. Anisimov and Boedker in, Szwarz and Sabourin out. Beaudin to draw in if Anisimov doesn't dress. Not even sure if any of this is an upgrade?

Can't help but feel bad for Brown and Batherson. I am sure the environment in Belleville is toxic with these nobodies getting called up ahead of four guys (Abramov, Batherson, Chlapk, Brown) who have futures with this team.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I don't mind the coaching staff so far.  There's only so much you can do with this lineup.  Actually, there's nothing you can do with this lineup.  We all know that we go with first time coaches and "redemption stories" (i.e. Guy Boucher) because that's all Eugene can afford.


On a different note, if you can find the audio clip of Colin White talking about being moved away from Brady Tkachuk to centre Ennis and Bobby R (a demotion), it's one of the funniest things you'll ever here.  Colin White lives in his own special universe.  He starts talking about how anytime you get new linemates, it's exciting, a change of scenery, getting to centre two great players, etc.  The guys on TGOR this morning couldn't stop laughing over it.  It's great.

He's a 3C

Still think they should call up Brown and move White to the wing. His numbers do not support him being a top-six forward, and it's arguable that he should be a center

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I don't mind the coaching staff so far.  There's only so much you can do with this lineup.  Actually, there's nothing you can do with this lineup.  We all know that we go with first time coaches and "redemption stories" (i.e. Guy Boucher) because that's all Eugene can afford.


On a different note, if you can find the audio clip of Colin White talking about being moved away from Brady Tkachuk to centre Ennis and Bobby R (a demotion), it's one of the funniest things you'll ever here.  Colin White lives in his own special universe.  He starts talking about how anytime you get new linemates, it's exciting, a change of scenery, getting to centre two great players, etc.  The guys on TGOR this morning couldn't stop laughing over it.  It's great.

He's a 3C

I think he’s a 2w

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I don't mind the coaching staff so far.  There's only so much you can do with this lineup.  Actually, there's nothing you can do with this lineup.  We all know that we go with first time coaches and "redemption stories" (i.e. Guy Boucher) because that's all Eugene can afford.


On a different note, if you can find the audio clip of Colin White talking about being moved away from Brady Tkachuk to centre Ennis and Bobby R (a demotion), it's one of the funniest things you'll ever here.  Colin White lives in his own special universe.  He starts talking about how anytime you get new linemates, it's exciting, a change of scenery, getting to centre two great players, etc.  The guys on TGOR this morning couldn't stop laughing over it.  It's great.

He's a 3C

Still think they should call up Brown and move White to the wing. His numbers do not support him being a top-six forward, and it's arguable that he should be a center

He’s still young and inexperienced.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Right. So don't put him where he shouldn't be. Either a 2W or 3C for now. Play his way up. There is enough organizational depth at the C position that it shouldn't matter. Either call Brown up to the top-six or call up Chlapik and move Pageau and Tierney up the lineup.

Tkachuk-Tierney-Ryan
Duclair-Pageau-White
Ennis-Chlapik-C.Brown

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:More line juggling ahead of today's game. Anisimov and Boedker in, Szwarz and Sabourin out. Beaudin to draw in if Anisimov doesn't dress. Not even sure if any of this is an upgrade?

Can't help but feel bad for Brown and Batherson. I am sure the environment in Belleville is toxic with these nobodies getting called up ahead of four guys (Abramov, Batherson, Chlapk, Brown) who have futures with this team.

It was done on purpose to get them icetime. I didn't think Batherson got a real fair shake, but let them stay down there for a while before calling them back up.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
I get why the organization is doing it but for the players it's gotta be tough to play through

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 70]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 50 ... 70  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum