GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 27]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:So the Sens have a preseason game in Vancouver next week.  What the heck is with the ridiculous travel in the preseason?  We're just coming off a game in Newfoundland....  Why not just keep preseason games limited to divisional matchups and/or within the geographic region?  Seems so unnecessary, especially if you consider that this is part of training camp and teams have to waste so much time travelling.

That's so dumb. I'd play all scrubs for that one.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
What is this? No Zaitsev?

Sens line up for tonight’s game vs Toronto:

Tkachuk - White - C. Brown
Ennis - Anisimov - Ryan
Paul - L.Brown - Veronneau
Carcone - Szwarz - Sabourin

Chabot - Guennette
Borowiecki - Jaros
Murray - Hainsey

Anderson
Gustavsson

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:What is this?  No Zaitsev?

Sens line up for tonight’s game vs Toronto:

Tkachuk - White - C. Brown
Ennis - Anisimov - Ryan
Paul - L.Brown - Veronneau
Carcone - Szwarz - Sabourin

Chabot - Guennette
Borowiecki - Jaros
Murray - Hainsey

Anderson
Gustavsson
I've seen two different reports one says Smith wants to play some of the younger guys and one says Zaitsev wants to play the last 4 games

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
I've seen two different reports one says Smith wants to play some of the younger guys and one says Zaitsev wants to play the last 4 games

Ok...I'd march him out to see how he does with Chabot no matter what the plan for the kids is, but he's the coach.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Hainsey on the right. interesting

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
If they want Hainsey to play with Brannstrom they would prefer the vet on his off side. They also have a shortage of RHD.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
It certainly looks like Brannstrom will see at least a few games coming out of camp.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Chabot not playing in the game due to illness

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Bit tidier game. Personally didn't notice brown much at all.

Like the style so far.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Another law suit against Melnyk today600k for in paid usage of private jet. Seems like the culture are circling overhead of Melnyk

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Another law suit against Melnyk today600k for in paid usage of private jet. Seems like the culture are circling overhead of Melnyk

Yeah, this isn't ending well for Melnyk. The writing is on ALL the walls.

As for the game last night, it was a little dull, but our goaltending looked sharp again, which is great to see so early. Anderson and Gustavsson both looked good.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:Bit tidier game.  Personally didn't notice brown much at all.

Like the style so far.

A lot of people said the same thing. I only watched bits and pieces of the game, but he looked fantastic on the PP. Made some really slick passes including setting up Veronneau for a one-timer in close. He`s more creative with the puck than most of our centers. I`d like to see him with Batherson and Abramov/Balcers to see if that chemistry is translateable at the NHL level.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Pairing Brown with Paul and Veronneau doesn't really bring out the best in someone like Brown, though I've liked Veronneau's game thus far.

IMO Brown won't make the team which I think is a little unfair. He's an offensive minded center and needs to play with offensive minded players.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Bit tidier game.  Personally didn't notice brown much at all.

Like the style so far.

A lot of people said the same thing. I only watched bits and pieces of the game, but he looked fantastic on the PP. Made some really slick passes including setting up Veronneau for a one-timer in close. He`s more creative with the puck than most of our centers. I`d like to see him with Batherson and Abramov/Balcers to see if that chemistry is translateable at the NHL level.

Yeah, he's a slick passer. Probably has some things to still work on in the AHL, but I think he'll be a factor soon.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Brown needs to work on perpetual motion. Cut out the coasting.  Maybe start with 20-30 second shifts at first until he can do it for up to a minute.

Last edited by wprager on Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:Brown needs to work on perpetual motion. Cut out the coasting.  Maybe start with 20-30 second shifts at first until he can do it for up to a minute.

As a matter of fact, yes, this is accurate.  I noticed it a few times.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I think a lot of Sens fans are overly optimistic considering they're 5-0 in the rookie showcase / pre-season thus far. More importantly, the defence and goaltending have been good.

Will the Sens be better than we think this year? And given the RFA holdouts, should Ottawa look into acquiring one of them?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
There's a lot of optimism and enthusiasm but I can't see it translating into a surprising year. Perhaps a surprisingly good start catching some teams off guard?

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum