GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 51 ... 56  Next

Go down  Message [Page 47 of 56]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yupp. Teach Brown, White and Norris how to win faceoffs. At the deadline you trade him to a team of his choice for a chance to win a cup. Offer him a special teams position with the organization when he retires. Everyone wins.

Agreed.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Update Balcers is out skating with a no contact jersey White is skating in Belleville and has been take of IR and Davidson has been called up For tonight's games

Nice, Davidsson. He'll probably get 4 minutes of icetime, but apparently quite speedy.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran
DJ Smith says he’s hopeful Logan Brown will be able to rejoin the team for a practice at some point in the next week or so. At this point, still doesn’t appear to be any red flags for a long-term injury for him.  From Ian mendez

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Update Balcers is out skating with a no contact jersey White is skating in Belleville and has been take of IR and Davidson has been called up For tonight's games

Nice, Davidsson.  He'll probably get 4 minutes of icetime, but apparently quite speedy.

White will play with Belleville tomorrow as a conditioning stint

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:DJ Smith says he’s hopeful Logan Brown will be able to rejoin the team for a practice at some point in the next week or so. At this point, still doesn’t appear to be any red flags for a long-term injury for him.  From Ian mendez

Ahhhhh! How much better did our PP look with Brown on it?

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
You know with White, Balcers, and Brown in our lineup I can start seeing the silver lining with this team. If we can move Ryan and send Anisimov to IR (and waive Boedker) i'd be really happy with our roster.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:You know with White, Balcers, and Brown in our lineup I can start seeing the silver lining with this team. If we can move Ryan and send Anisimov to IR (and waive Boedker) i'd be really happy with our roster.

That stomping you here is the lineup of teams fighting for the right to acquire Bobby Ryan and his 20+ million owed!

And do you really want Boedker in the AHL blocking kids from playing?

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Vancouver with Ottawa retaining some of Bobby's cap hit/salary (50%) makes sense. And no - waive for the purposes of buyout. He's worth more as a 2/3 cap hit over a few years than he is in the pressbox

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Vancouver with Ottawa retaining some of Bobby's cap hit/salary (50%) makes sense. And no - waive for the purposes of buyout. He's worth more as a 2/3 cap hit over a few years than he is in the pressbox

Meh, why bother? That's Ryan at what, 3.7 million? That's not bad for what he does. I dunno, I don't see the major problem with Ryan other than he's taking a roster spot from a kid.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Vancouver with Ottawa retaining some of Bobby's cap hit/salary (50%) makes sense. And no - waive for the purposes of buyout. He's worth more as a 2/3 cap hit over a few years than he is in the pressbox

Meh, why bother?  That's Ryan at what, 3.7 million?  That's not bad for what he does.  I dunno, I don't see the major problem with Ryan other than he's taking a roster spot from a kid.

Not tonight looks to be a healthy scratch with boedker again

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Meh, why bother?  That's Ryan at what, 3.7 million?  That's not bad for what he does.  I dunno, I don't see the major problem with Ryan other than he's taking a roster spot from a kid.

Not tonight looks to be a healthy scratch with boedker again

Ha...Boedker and Ryan can't do anything right for Smith. That's a little harsh, but that's life. There's almost nothing they can do though, so it's gonna get real frustrating.

Didn't Boedker forecheck quite well and get an assist on Hainsey's goal? What more can he do with 8 minutes of icetime?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
sens face a backup goalie for the 11th time out of 15 tonight and Jonathan Davidsson makes his NHL debut skating his solo rookie lap in front of the 33 fans in attendance for the game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I like anisimov. He's quite involved offensively and thinks the game well.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It was a bit of a snooze-fest of a game...

Might be a good idea to send Brannstrom down for a couple games, but people seem to not like that idea. He seems OK out there, but I think we'd like him to put up some points and get some confidence back.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I've said this before but I'm very impressed with the coaching so far. Night and day between last few years.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:It was a bit of a snooze-fest of a game...

Might be a good idea to send Brannstrom down for a couple games, but people seem to not like that idea.  He seems OK out there, but I think we'd like him to put up some points and get some confidence back.

Yeah, who knows. I'm not sure why he started in the NHL in a lost year. They must think he's benefiting from playing with hainsey and watching chabot I guess.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:I've said this before but I'm very impressed with the coaching so far. Night and day between last few years.

Yeah, agreed. DJ seems like an energetic guy that brings a lot of enthusiasm to the position, which is something Guy Boucher probably lost a lot of towards the end.

You can sometimes catch glimpses of DJ smiling and joking with the players on the bench.

All this to say, it's probably easier to coach and make decisions like benching Bobby Ryan when you have zero expectations for this season other than helping the kids develop.

Looks like this might've been a good pick by Dorion, but it's still way too early to tell for sure.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:It was a bit of a snooze-fest of a game...

Might be a good idea to send Brannstrom down for a couple games, but people seem to not like that idea.  He seems OK out there, but I think we'd like him to put up some points and get some confidence back.

Yeah, who knows.  I'm not sure why he started in the NHL in a lost year.  They must think he's benefiting from playing with hainsey and watching chabot I guess.

Do you place him in a situation where’s he’s the best Dman and ahead of his peers or do you keep him in a situation where he can learn from his peers in a tougher environment.

It’s a tough situation. I’d normally say we should use caution but I don’t know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 47 of 56]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 51 ... 56  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum