GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 55 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 60]

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:When is Wolanin due back? January?
And Balcers? December?

Edit: Apparently Balcers was sent down to Belleville for conditioning.
Isn’t wolanin actually on a two way on his first year of his contract? I imagine he starts off in Belleville to get going. They could use him down there. They’re pretty thin on quality D

I was thinking sending Brann down and leaving him there until the deadline.

Flo The Action


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:When is Wolanin due back? January?
And Balcers? December?

Edit: Apparently Balcers was sent down to Belleville for conditioning.
Isn’t wolanin actually on a two way on his first year of his contract? I imagine he starts off in Belleville to get going. They could use him down there. They’re pretty thin on quality D

I was thinking sending Brann down and leaving him there until the deadline.

no, totally. i think Brann could benefit from doing some up and downs this year.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
I haven't seen anything special from Brannstrom in the first five, and nothing since then. Complete waste of his time. He's not developing.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:I haven't seen anything special from Brannstrom in the first five, and nothing since then.  Complete waste of his time. He's not developing.

He's been developing well defensively IMO. I don't think it will be a waste either way, the AHL is a very physical league in its ownright

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Pageau with a hat trick tonight

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Does Pageau get traded or re-signed?

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Oh man. If Pitt loses Crosby I'd be looking at getting a first and poulin from the pens. Crosby and Malkin are starting to get old and the pens window is closing soon. JR might try to add his deadline deal now. Sell pageau on a high - he's someone that the sens could probably resign even after they trade him

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Such a hard call. Or maybe it's an easy call, but suddenly it feels like he was meant to be here as 3rd line c through the rebuild. Diddle it's hard.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:I haven't seen anything special from Brannstrom in the first five, and nothing since then.  Complete waste of his time. He's not developing.

He's been developing well defensively IMO. I don't think it will be a waste either way, the AHL is a very physical league in its ownright

Easily his best game of the year tonight imo.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Agreed. He was awesome tonight

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Does Pageau get traded or re-signed?

I dunno, I would sign him if cheap but we also shouldn't overrate him. Hard to say what he really is offensively.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I can see the case for resigning or trading Pageau. If they can get a good package for him, we absolutely should deal him. It's kind of like the Zack Smith scenario after he had that great year and we resigned him for $3M+ or whatever it was. His value will never be higher than it is now...normally that's when you want to sell high instead of resigning high.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
If Pageau absolutely wants to re-sign, then he should still be moved and then sign in the summer. It's not like the other UFAs from before, he's not a star, not expensive, and has all his roots in this area.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Goodness Jersey is bad. Nothing going on there at all right now

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:I haven't seen anything special from Brannstrom in the first five, and nothing since then.  Complete waste of his time. He's not developing.

He's been developing well defensively IMO. I don't think it will be a waste either way, the AHL is a very physical league in its ownright

Easily his best game of the year tonight imo.

I thought Brann was the best player on the ice (aside from maybe Pageau)

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Trade Pageau and re-sign him in the summer. I too agree that he'd be likely to do it understanding where we are in the rebuild. Pitt makes the most sense to me. He can fill a top-six while Crosby is gone, and he can slide down to 3C when he's back.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Trade Pageau and re-sign him in the summer. I too agree that he'd be likely to do it understanding where we are in the rebuild. Pitt makes the most sense to me. He can fill a top-six while Crosby is gone, and he can slide down to 3C when he's back.

Yeah...it would be similar to Plekanec when Montreal traded him to Toronto and then resigned him that summer (I think).

At least with Pageau if his offense falls off, you still get the strong PK/defensive presence.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
If we could re-sign him in the summer, that would be an awesome move.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 55 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum