GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 60 ... 70  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 70]

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Trade Pageau and re-sign him in the summer. I too agree that he'd be likely to do it understanding where we are in the rebuild. Pitt makes the most sense to me. He can fill a top-six while Crosby is gone, and he can slide down to 3C when he's back.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Trade Pageau and re-sign him in the summer. I too agree that he'd be likely to do it understanding where we are in the rebuild. Pitt makes the most sense to me. He can fill a top-six while Crosby is gone, and he can slide down to 3C when he's back.

Yeah...it would be similar to Plekanec when Montreal traded him to Toronto and then resigned him that summer (I think).

At least with Pageau if his offense falls off, you still get the strong PK/defensive presence.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
If we could re-sign him in the summer, that would be an awesome move.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Sounds like Logan Brown should return to the lineup tonight. Beaudin and Davidsson were sent back to Belleville.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Moves like Plekanec almost never happen. Certainly not with players still in their prime. I agree he would be a good fit in Pittsburgh, but why would he have back to Ottawa? He's a very versatile player and turns it up in the playoffs. Her have no shortage of GMs calling him up. Stone was worshipped here, married a local girl, but he still left.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Until the ownership situation improves there won't be any trade-and-sign moves in Ottawa.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Logan brown centering duclair and Tkachuk in lines today
White with Namestnikov and Ennis. I think they'd be better trying to find someone different or give chlapik that wing instead of ennis

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yeah, ennis there is a waste

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Moves like Plekanec almost never happen. Certainly not with players still in their prime.  I agree he would be a good fit in Pittsburgh, but why would he have back to Ottawa?  He's a very versatile player and turns it up in the playoffs. Her have no shortage of GMs calling him up. Stone was worshipped here, married a local girl, but he still left.

Yes, thank you, we're aware that Plekanec style moves almost never happen. I think the point was that Pageau might be a candidate for such a move. He's young enough that he'll still be good when Ottawa is poised to compete again. He likes it here. He has roots here. And he won't be incredibly expensive.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Moves like Plekanec almost never happen. Certainly not with players still in their prime.  I agree he would be a good fit in Pittsburgh, but why would he have back to Ottawa?  He's a very versatile player and turns it up in the playoffs. Her have no shortage of GMs calling him up. Stone was worshipped here, married a local girl, but he still left.

Yes, thank you, we're aware that Plekanec style moves almost never happen.  I think the point was that Pageau might be a candidate for such a move.  He's young enough that he'll still be good when Ottawa is poised to compete again.  He likes it here.  He has roots here.  And he won't be incredibly expensive.

if Pageau is traded I'd be willing to bet he doesn't resign hereafter. more attractive offers from more attractive markets would be thrown at him.

i don't buy the argument that layers are settled. it's quite the opposite. if a contender comes calling, the lure of winning is usually much stronger. guys that wind up in average markets are guys that have little options left.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Balcers with 2 goals in his first game back in belleville

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Balcers with 2 goals in his first game back in belleville

Yupp. He'll be up here soon enough. Brown back tonight. Missed an open net and setup duclair who missed an open net.

Can't see brown, Paul, chlapik or balcers being in the AHL for much longer. Same with batherson and abramov.

I imagine Anisimov will be out a while and theyre cool scratching boedker and Ryan. Maybe Tierney is the first to gwt traded? He seems redundant at this point.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah, Tierney could probably go at this point. Or Pageau if they want to get crazy....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Wonderful bounceback after one of the worst opening 10 minutes or so ever

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Also, DJ Smith deserves a ton of credit so far

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I'll give him credit when he fixes the powerplay. Most of their wins have come in the back of 1st star performances from the goalies.

I do appreciate the improved overall team speed (on most nights) and they are hard to play against (on most nights). That's on Smith.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The coaching has been excellent for sure

Diddle tanking, if we finish at the bottom we finish at the bottom, but I’m not going to cry when we win. I even saw some comments online that playing Nilsson is a mistake because he’s good. Like what?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:The coaching has been excellent for sure

Diddle tanking, if we finish at the bottom we finish at the bottom, but I’m not going to cry when we win. I even saw some comments online that playing Nilsson is a mistake because he’s good. Like what?

I know...I cant cheer against them, but man would I ever love laf.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 70]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 60 ... 70  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum