GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 61  Next

Go down  Message [Page 56 of 61]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I like this team, it turns out.  

They are easy to cheer for. Tkachuk plays his heart out Duclair seems to have a lot of good plays every game brown pageau and Paul are a good line seemed to have come together really well. Brown is looking good so far on that top line too

Yeah. We're due to lose a few straight, but it's been very entertaining

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I don’t know that New Jersey will soon into sellers. They’ve played better at time and could move up the standings. They just need much better goaltending. I’ve thought of giving them Anderson on the cheap, the reward being a pick and seeing them move up the standings. I doubt detroit will be much of a selling team as we near the deadline. More likely they get a little bit better as the season progresses.

I have a feeling that once we sell off some of our players needed to the deadline the other two teams that will be racing alongside us for the bottom will be Minnesota and LA.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:I don’t know that New Jersey will soon into sellers. They’ve played better at time and could move up the standings. They just need much better goaltending. I’ve thought of giving them Anderson on the cheap, the reward being a pick and seeing them move up the standings. I doubt detroit will be much of a selling team as we near the deadline. More likely they get a little bit better as the season progresses.

I have a feeling that once we sell off some of our players needed to the deadline the other two teams that will be racing alongside us for the bottom will be Minnesota and LA.

Detroit is an abortion of a team. So is jersey. Deplorable, but I hope you're right

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I don’t know that New Jersey will soon into sellers. They’ve played better at time and could move up the standings. They just need much better goaltending. I’ve thought of giving them Anderson on the cheap, the reward being a pick and seeing them move up the standings. I doubt detroit will be much of a selling team as we near the deadline. More likely they get a little bit better as the season progresses.

Detroit is an abortion of a team.  So is jersey.  Deplorable, but I hope you're right
Yeah but what I’m saying is detroit can’t get much worse. Who are they gonna trade away that will make them worse?
Us on the other hand have a handful of players that have fairly big impacts in the now that could be traded. Which would likely mean loosing more games and falling in the standings

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The defence is a bit of a schmozzle tonight. Zaitsev went to Russia for personal reasons and should be back in a couple days.

Our d tonight consists of: Chabot, DeMelo, Jaros, Lajoie, Borowiecki, and Hainsey.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:The defence is a bit of a schmozzle tonight.  Zaitsev went to Russia for personal reasons and should be back in a couple days.  

Our d tonight consists of: Chabot, DeMelo, Jaros, Lajoie, Borowiecki, and Hainsey.

Oh my goodness...holy moly.

That's the worst I've ever seen. I like Jaros a lot though, so itll be nice to see him again

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
White also is onthe wing with Ennis and Tierney centering

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:White also is onthe wing with Ennis and Tierney centering

Where he should be imo. 3RW

Also trade winds blowing from what I am hearing. Minor League dman on a two way contract coming the other way. Likely for a forward (veronneau, chlapik)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Also trade winds blowing from what I am hearing. Minor League dman on a two way contract coming the other way. Likely for a forward (veronneau, chlapik)

Uh, heck no if it's for a minor league dman.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:

Chlapik is an NHLer . They better not be doing that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Chlapik is an NHLer . They better not be doing that.

Veronneau you dont trade either unless you want other college ufas to avoid.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Just repeating what was talked about on the radio and how his call up with a little suspicious considering Balcers is back and Batherson, Norris, Formenton, Abramov and arguably Kelly have been playing better in the minors.

Another thing to keep an eye on is in Calgary. They may be looking at flipping out a d-man for other help. Maybe Hamonic or Stone are available. Who knows.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran

I sort of envisioned the Sens lineup in 2-3 years looking something like:

Tkachuk-2020 1st-Duclair
Balcers-L.Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Pageau-White
Norris-Chlapik-C.Brown
Extra: Kelly

Where there is really 3 2nd lines. Somewhere I'd have liked to work in Kelly or Abramov but think this is more or less the future of the team. On defense it would be something like

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-De Melo
Wolanin-JBD

I think they re-sign De Melo to a 3 x $3.5M, Pageau to a 5 x $5M, Duclair to a 4 x $4.5M and Brown to a 3 x $3.5M

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The Sens do need some defensive help. As bad as the big club is on the blue line right now, Belleville has been ravaged as well and is going with a bunch of ECHLers.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Just repeating what was talked about on the radio and how his call up with a little suspicious considering Balcers is back and Batherson, Norris, Formenton, Abramov and arguably Kelly have been playing better in the minors.

Another thing to keep an eye on is in Calgary. They may be looking at flipping out a d-man for other help. Maybe Hamonic or Stone are available. Who knows.

Why would we want Harmonic?(or stone?)
Harmonic is likely to test the market and stone is a 3rd pairing Dman.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Jaros and Lajoie were very impressive. Such a strong physical game from Lajoie of all people and Jaros has a good first pass and is strong as an ox.

Thumbs way up!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
And good for Brown, looking better and better.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Fun game right from the get go.

You notice how it's been a while since we've had a bad second?

I know it was the Rangers without Mika, but they got 19 shots in the first - that's not because Zibanejad was injured.

Last edited by wprager on Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 56 of 61]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 61  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum