GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 65 ... 71  Next

Go down  Message [Page 60 of 71]

Lagoon


Veteran
Veteran
And Zaitsev is a POS, but I’d also like more of the story before I firm up that statement.

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:And Zaitsev is a POS, but I’d also like more of the story before I firm up that statement.

Yeah, I'm not sure we'll ever get the full story there. From what I saw from a Russian-translated article, Zaitsev was taking his kids away from his ex-wife. His ex-wife's dad died, and he apparently owed money to the mob. Zaitsev's ex-wife might have been using Zaitsev's money to try and pay her dad's debt to the mob, who were threatening violence apparently.

Who the hell knows, Russia is crazy.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Imagine the Sens could get rid of his contract because of something like this? What a dream that would be!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:And Zaitsev is a POS, but I’d also like more of the story before I firm up that statement.

Yeah, I'm not sure we'll ever get the full story there.  From what I saw from a Russian-translated article, Zaitsev was taking his kids away from his ex-wife.  His ex-wife's dad died, and he apparently owed money to the mob.  Zaitsev's ex-wife might have been using Zaitsev's money to try and pay her dad's debt to the mob, who were threatening violence apparently.  

Who the hell knows, Russia is crazy.

I wouldn't even call him a POS yet as we know nothing.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:And Zaitsev is a POS, but I’d also like more of the story before I firm up that statement.

Yeah, I'm not sure we'll ever get the full story there.  From what I saw from a Russian-translated article, Zaitsev was taking his kids away from his ex-wife.  His ex-wife's dad died, and he apparently owed money to the mob.  Zaitsev's ex-wife might have been using Zaitsev's money to try and pay her dad's debt to the mob, who were threatening violence apparently.  

Who the hell knows, Russia is crazy.

I wouldn't even call him a POS yet as we know nothing.

Exactly. If he legitimately thought his kids were in danger, he did the right thing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Imagine the Sens could get rid of his contract because of something like this? What a dream that would be!

What do you replace him with? He's one of the top shot blockers in the league and plays a fine game.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Imagine the Sens could get rid of his contract because of something like this? What a dream that would be!

What do you replace him with?  He's one of the top shot blockers in the league and plays a fine game.

I just don't like that we took on an unknown with a 5 year contract. I've been okay with his play. I'd prefer he move down the lineup instead of playing with Chabot though.

And by all accounts I do think he's innocent until proven guilty. No one flies across the world and steals their kids for no good reason. I am sure there is more to the story than what is being reported.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:And Zaitsev is a POS, but I’d also like more of the story before I firm up that statement.

Yeah, I'm not sure we'll ever get the full story there.  From what I saw from a Russian-translated article, Zaitsev was taking his kids away from his ex-wife.  His ex-wife's dad died, and he apparently owed money to the mob.  Zaitsev's ex-wife might have been using Zaitsev's money to try and pay her dad's debt to the mob, who were threatening violence apparently.  

Who the hell knows, Russia is crazy.

I wouldn't even call him a POS yet as we know nothing.

Her statement definitely matches what I saw in the video. POS could be close to firming up.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Apparently he’s not even in the video. It’s just a he said she said really. Regardless, don’t think anything will happen as far as hockey or contract for him. Seems like personal business

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I read the story on the Russian website. His daughters are with his parents in Moscow. The police are aware. The ex knows very well where they are. She wants the kids in order to get the substantial child support. She has a full time many for gods sake. We had a nanny when we both worked and had 4 kids under 6. The father uploaded a video seeing the ex ignoring her crying daughter, then being rough in picking her up to take her to the bathroom. The ex's boyfriend can be seen doing drugs right in the house while the girls are there.

And yet Zaitsev is the POS?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I have now read 5 different stories from Russian sites (but Google translations). I have not seen anything mentioned about debts to the mob. Margarita's father used to run Sport-Express, a sports magazine or newspaper. He killed himself because of mounting debt but I did not read anything about the mob.

I watched the video that Zaitsev's father posted. The Little girl is sitting in a high chair and bursting her lungs crying (apparently she had a bad fever). Finally the mother comes in from another room and tanks get out of the highchair (at one point lifting the chair in the air as the girl is still belted in.

Other parts of the video purportedly show her new boyfriend (they are not officially divorced yet, btw) doing drugs, although, frankly, I couldn't tell what he was doing. There was more but I had seen enough.

The video of the "kidnapping" was a free seconds showing a man carrying a little girl in his hands walking quickly to his car and another man taking beside him. Then there was a very minor altercation - I assume that was the nanny. Honestly, it looked like nothing.

Where was the mother? Apparently they found the girls in the care of some unknown women and the mother was not around.

Other accusations include her making out with her new boyfriend (who is not exactly dressed) while the girls were nearby.

Oh, and they split up because he found out she was cheating on him.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Sens down 2-1early and Andy leaves with an injury

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Tkachuk scoring is a huge plus

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
The Duke with a shorty to tie the game

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
I really like Duclaires game I would like to see him on a 3 or 4 year contract

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Laughton is a bit of a mouthy diver, isn't he. Reminds me a little of Tucker.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Belleville with a bounce back against Cleveland tonight winning 7-1Bath with 3 points and Balcers a point in every game he had played(10 games straight)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:I really like Duclaires game I would like to see him on a 3 or 4 year contract


100%. Love this player

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 60 of 71]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 65 ... 71  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum