wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47775
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Whitney out 3-5 months!

Post by wprager on Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:46 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3538457&campaign=rss&source=NHLHeadlines

Wow, surgery on his foot to correct a chronic problem (Forsberg, anyone?) That's going to hurt.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54285
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: Whitney out 3-5 months!

Post by PTFlea on Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:54 pm

wprager wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3538457&campaign=rss&source=NHLHeadlines

Wow, surgery on his foot to correct a chronic problem (Forsberg, anyone?) That's going to hurt.

I hope this doesn't mean the Pens will get someone like Schneider, but yeah, this is hurtful for them.
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7422
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post by rooneypoo on Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:32 am

wprager wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3538457&campaign=rss&source=NHLHeadlines

And so begins the notorious post-Stanley Cup Finals burn-out. Pens fans are going to be walking around, stunned and shocked and looking for answers, just like we were last February. Have a taste, friends!

The east is sooooo wide open. Anyone writing the Sens off for 7th place or below is in for a surprise...
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47775
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:41 am

rooneypoo wrote:And so begins the notorious post-Stanley Cup Finals burn-out. Pens fans are going to be walking around, stunned and shocked and looking for answers, just like we were last February. Have a taste, friends!

The east is sooooo wide open. Anyone writing the Sens off for 7th place or below is in for a surprise...

Good thing there's no Pens fans here yet.

I think the bottom of the East standings are wide open (so many bad teams, that pretty much all of them have a chance to feed on the others for points to make it to the post-season). As for the top, there's still only a handful of teams with a legitimate shot: Montreal, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Ottawa, Boston. Yes, I left Washington off that list, since their fortunes rest with Theodore. Yes, I left New Jersey off that list as well.
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5817
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by PKC on Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:03 pm

wprager wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:And so begins the notorious post-Stanley Cup Finals burn-out. Pens fans are going to be walking around, stunned and shocked and looking for answers, just like we were last February. Have a taste, friends!

I think the bottom of the East standings are wide open (so many bad teams, that pretty much all of them have a chance to feed on the others for points to make it to the post-season). As for the top, there's still only a handful of teams with a legitimate shot: Montreal, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Ottawa, Boston. Yes, I left Washington off that list, since their fortunes rest with Theodore. Yes, I left New Jersey off that list as well.

I think New Jersey is going to surprise A LOT of people this season. I'm planning on doing a team by team analysis of all 30 clubs in the NHL just as soon as the rosters start taking shop and then doing a standings prediction. I might even go bigger than that and do a playoff, MVP, Art Ross, Rocket Richard, Conn Smythe predictions. Go and do a big issue just like the Hockey News does every year.

I might even do a fantasy hockey Big Board of the top 100 players that will be updated throughout the season every week.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54285
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:54 pm

wprager wrote:

Fun, let's open a new topic about this in Armchair GM. It's about that time where the dog days get...slow.

I'll put it under How the East was Won.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:59 pm