Whitney out 3-5 months!

    Share
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47775
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Whitney out 3-5 months!

    Post by wprager on Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:46 pm

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3538457&campaign=rss&source=NHLHeadlines

    Wow, surgery on his foot to correct a chronic problem (Forsberg, anyone?) That's going to hurt.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54285
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Whitney out 3-5 months!

    Post by PTFlea on Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:54 pm

    wprager wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3538457&campaign=rss&source=NHLHeadlines

    Wow, surgery on his foot to correct a chronic problem (Forsberg, anyone?) That's going to hurt.

    I hope this doesn't mean the Pens will get someone like Schneider, but yeah, this is hurtful for them.
    avatar
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7422
    Age : 38
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: Whitney out 3-5 months!

    Post by rooneypoo on Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:32 am

    wprager wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3538457&campaign=rss&source=NHLHeadlines

    Wow, surgery on his foot to correct a chronic problem (Forsberg, anyone?) That's going to hurt.

    And so begins the notorious post-Stanley Cup Finals burn-out. Pens fans are going to be walking around, stunned and shocked and looking for answers, just like we were last February. Have a taste, friends!

    The east is sooooo wide open. Anyone writing the Sens off for 7th place or below is in for a surprise...
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47775
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Whitney out 3-5 months!

    Post by wprager on Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:41 am

    rooneypoo wrote:And so begins the notorious post-Stanley Cup Finals burn-out. Pens fans are going to be walking around, stunned and shocked and looking for answers, just like we were last February. Have a taste, friends!

    The east is sooooo wide open. Anyone writing the Sens off for 7th place or below is in for a surprise...

    Good thing there's no Pens fans here yet.

    I think the bottom of the East standings are wide open (so many bad teams, that pretty much all of them have a chance to feed on the others for points to make it to the post-season). As for the top, there's still only a handful of teams with a legitimate shot: Montreal, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Ottawa, Boston. Yes, I left Washington off that list, since their fortunes rest with Theodore. Yes, I left New Jersey off that list as well.
    avatar
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5817
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Whitney out 3-5 months!

    Post by PKC on Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:03 pm

    wprager wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:And so begins the notorious post-Stanley Cup Finals burn-out. Pens fans are going to be walking around, stunned and shocked and looking for answers, just like we were last February. Have a taste, friends!

    The east is sooooo wide open. Anyone writing the Sens off for 7th place or below is in for a surprise...

    Good thing there's no Pens fans here yet.

    I think the bottom of the East standings are wide open (so many bad teams, that pretty much all of them have a chance to feed on the others for points to make it to the post-season). As for the top, there's still only a handful of teams with a legitimate shot: Montreal, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Ottawa, Boston. Yes, I left Washington off that list, since their fortunes rest with Theodore. Yes, I left New Jersey off that list as well.

    I think New Jersey is going to surprise A LOT of people this season. I'm planning on doing a team by team analysis of all 30 clubs in the NHL just as soon as the rosters start taking shop and then doing a standings prediction. I might even go bigger than that and do a playoff, MVP, Art Ross, Rocket Richard, Conn Smythe predictions. Go and do a big issue just like the Hockey News does every year.

    I might even do a fantasy hockey Big Board of the top 100 players that will be updated throughout the season every week.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54285
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Whitney out 3-5 months!

    Post by PTFlea on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:54 pm

    wprager wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:And so begins the notorious post-Stanley Cup Finals burn-out. Pens fans are going to be walking around, stunned and shocked and looking for answers, just like we were last February. Have a taste, friends!

    The east is sooooo wide open. Anyone writing the Sens off for 7th place or below is in for a surprise...

    Good thing there's no Pens fans here yet.

    I think the bottom of the East standings are wide open (so many bad teams, that pretty much all of them have a chance to feed on the others for points to make it to the post-season). As for the top, there's still only a handful of teams with a legitimate shot: Montreal, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Ottawa, Boston. Yes, I left Washington off that list, since their fortunes rest with Theodore. Yes, I left New Jersey off that list as well.

    Fun, let's open a new topic about this in Armchair GM. It's about that time where the dog days get...slow.

    I'll put it under How the East was Won.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Whitney out 3-5 months!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:59 pm