PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5817
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

GM Central Hockey Yahoo! and SportingNews fantasy hockey

Post by PKC on Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:15 am

I just wanted to gauge the interest in having some fantasy hockey pools in possibly Yahoo! or SportingNews. If you aren't aware of how the two work, Yahoo! fantasy hockey is a draft-style fantasy hockey. You keep the players for the length of the season, there is a commissioner who sets the rules of the league, the categories that the head-to-head or rotisserie leagues will work on, trade deadlines, etc...

With the SportingNews fantasy hockey, you receive a balance of 30 million to construct a team of 7 hockey players (1 center, 2 wingers, 2 defensemen, 1 goalie, 1 extra attacker) and receive points based on realtime stats. A goal is worth 25 points, an assist is worth 25 points, a hat-trick is worth 100 extra point, etc....

Anyone interested?
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54296
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: GM Central Hockey Yahoo! and SportingNews fantasy hockey

Post by PTFlea on Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:25 am

PKC wrote:I just wanted to gauge the interest in having some fantasy hockey pools in possibly Yahoo! or SportingNews. If you aren't aware of how the two work, Yahoo! fantasy hockey is a draft-style fantasy hockey. You keep the players for the length of the season, there is a commissioner who sets the rules of the league, the categories that the head-to-head or rotisserie leagues will work on, trade deadlines, etc...

With the SportingNews fantasy hockey, you receive a balance of 30 million to construct a team of 7 hockey players (1 center, 2 wingers, 2 defensemen, 1 goalie, 1 extra attacker) and receive points based on realtime stats. A goal is worth 25 points, an assist is worth 25 points, a hat-trick is worth 100 extra point, etc....

Anyone interested?

I think that I would, yes.
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7422
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post by rooneypoo on Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:28 am

PKC wrote:I just wanted to gauge the interest in having some fantasy hockey pools in possibly Yahoo! or SportingNews. If you aren't aware of how the two work, Yahoo! fantasy hockey is a draft-style fantasy hockey. You keep the players for the length of the season, there is a commissioner who sets the rules of the league, the categories that the head-to-head or rotisserie leagues will work on, trade deadlines, etc...

Anyone interested?

Hells yea! I'm all about the Yahoo! leagues.
    Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 3032

Post by Cronie on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:41 am

Anyone interested?

Count me in! My co-worker/friend is a part of that and raves about it constantly! Sign me up!!!
    Mosky
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 211
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

Post by Mosky on Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:03 am

%1,000,000,000 in.
    jamvan
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1630

Post by jamvan on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:38 am

Anyone interested?
    I'm in. I think I like the Sporting News idea, especially since how we all crunch the Cap number anyway!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:12 am