You are not connected. Please login or register

What Am I Listening to Right now?

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 25]

316What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 22 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? on Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:32 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
So the GnR tour will stop in Toronto this summer. Bring it on baby

317What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 22 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? on Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:19 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
LeCaptain wrote:So the GnR tour will stop in Toronto this summer. Bring it on baby

Let there be rock and possibly riots.

318What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 22 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? on Mon May 16, 2016 6:07 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Pet Sounds turns 50.

319What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 22 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? on Mon May 16, 2016 8:10 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
God only knows what I'd be without that album

320What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 22 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? on Mon May 16, 2016 8:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
LeCaptain wrote:God only knows what I'd be without that album

Nicely done Smile

321What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 22 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? on Mon May 16, 2016 8:43 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:Pet Sounds turns 50.

Old man.....

But yes. It's a good album.

322What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 22 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? on Mon May 16, 2016 9:55 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Never heard of it.

323What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 22 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? on Mon May 16, 2016 10:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:Never heard of it.

Wouldn't it be nice if you were older ...

324What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 22 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? on Mon May 16, 2016 10:04 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Heard of the songs. Just not the album. I don't jones the beach boys.

325What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 22 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? on Mon May 16, 2016 10:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
They were alright. Nice, tight harmonies.

326What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 22 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? on Tue May 17, 2016 8:40 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/500-greatest-albums-of-all-time-20120531/the-beach-boys-pet-sounds-20120524

Number 2

327What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 22 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? on Tue May 17, 2016 8:57 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
LeCaptain wrote:http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/500-greatest-albums-of-all-time-20120531/the-beach-boys-pet-sounds-20120524

Number 2

Wow, Dark Side of the Moon is only #43. Travesty.

328What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 22 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? on Tue May 17, 2016 12:11 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/500-greatest-albums-of-all-time-20120531/the-beach-boys-pet-sounds-20120524

Number 2

Wow, Dark Side of the Moon is only #43.  Travesty.  

Paul McCartney with some insight into album 1 and 2:

"Without Pet Sounds, Sgt. Pepper wouldn't have happened... Pepper was an attempt to equal Pet Sounds."

329What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 22 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? on Wed May 18, 2016 12:54 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Seriously though, I bought Pet Sounds and the Beatles albums on Vinyl and I haven't listened to MP3s since.

330What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 22 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? on Wed May 18, 2016 8:40 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
LeCaptain wrote:Seriously though, I bought Pet Sounds and the Beatles albums on Vinyl and I haven't listened to MP3s since.

Word.

331What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 22 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? on Wed May 18, 2016 11:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
When you said "on Vinyl" did you mean you bought the LPs or is this some new app/service? The capital 'V' threw me. If you *did* mean just good old "vinyl" then what are you using as your record player? Good ones are terribly expensive nowadays. And, frankly, there's nothing wrong with MP3s unless you have super ears.

Reminds of of the '80s and the back rooms at the audio stores where they had the so-called class-A amps (generally one-quarter the buttons and dials of the stuff in the front of the store, and a t three to four times the price). I asked the guy what was the difference between this $400 CD player and that $800 on in the back room. He said the biggest difference was that it had 2 DA (digital to analog) converter chips, one for each channel. A single DA chip was fast enough to convert both left and right channels by switching back and forth, but this created a slight delay between them. He said it was roughly equivalent to sitting about 12 feet away from your main speakers, and then moving one of them an inch towards you. I had a buddy who is an audiophile to whom that actually made a difference.

So I have my Dire Straits and Beatles and Pink Floyd CDs ripped to MP3 files, and they sound fine. The only LPs I miss are the ones I never got on CD.

332What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 22 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? on Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Oh, man, this is a blast from the past. I remember this one from the late '70s at a summer camp. The Rodeo Song. Even if you don't like country, you'll find a use for this song Smile

333What Am I Listening to Right now? - Page 22 Empty Re: What Am I Listening to Right now? on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:19 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
I should have asked this before, but is anyone going to bluesfest? As usual, I'm there every day that it's open.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum