What Am I Listening to Right now?

    Share

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 53998
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: What Am I Listening to Right now?

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:31 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:I like Spotify as well, but I can't use it offline yet, so it sucks back the data like crazy.

    Spotify is great and is absolutely worth subscribing to for like $12 per month or whatever it costs. I love the feature of downloading songs for offline playing...it's great for camping, in the car, and wherever else you may not have WiFi so you're not sucking down phone data. My playlist on it currently has about 32 hours of music and is constantly growing.

    Do you use bluetooth speakers?

    Indeed I do. Just one, to be exact.

    I might invest in one at some point soon. The one I wanted was 120 though, so it'll have to wait a bit.

    I bought this one last year
    http://www.harmankardon.com/bluetooth-speakers/ONYX+STUDIO+2.html?dwvar_ONYX%20STUDIO%202_color=Black#start=1

    I'm pretty satisfied in terms of sound but don't be fooled by the playing time saying up to 5 hours. Without it being plugged in, if you are wanting to play it loud you've only got about an hour's worth of juice. That! Was disappointing. But sound is amazing.

    $300 bucks later though.

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12598
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: What Am I Listening to Right now?

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:37 pm

    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:I like Spotify as well, but I can't use it offline yet, so it sucks back the data like crazy.

    Spotify is great and is absolutely worth subscribing to for like $12 per month or whatever it costs. I love the feature of downloading songs for offline playing...it's great for camping, in the car, and wherever else you may not have WiFi so you're not sucking down phone data. My playlist on it currently has about 32 hours of music and is constantly growing.

    Do you use bluetooth speakers?

    Indeed I do. Just one, to be exact.

    I might invest in one at some point soon. The one I wanted was 120 though, so it'll have to wait a bit.

    I bought this one last year
    http://www.harmankardon.com/bluetooth-speakers/ONYX+STUDIO+2.html?dwvar_ONYX%20STUDIO%202_color=Black#start=1

    I'm pretty satisfied in terms of sound but don't be fooled by the playing time saying up to 5 hours. Without it being plugged in, if you are wanting to play it loud you've only got about an hour's worth of juice. That! Was disappointing. But sound is amazing.

    $300 bucks later though.
    I bought mine for 200 around Boxing Day(back then it was 450$ advertised).If you can wait till Boxing Day you are going to get some major discounts on this sort of buy.

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47406
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: What Am I Listening to Right now?

    Post by wprager on Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:33 am

    Quick question -- what's the use case for a portable speaker? I know the kids on my son's team liked to play music in the dressing room before games, so that's one. In general, though, isn't blaring your (personal) music to those around you considered a little, what would be the word, selfish? If you have a party, different story, of course, but then do you need a portable one? In the vast majority of other situations I'd simply use a headset (bluetooth or otherwise).

    P.S. And I say this after convincing my daughter that my son would love a bluetooth speaker as a Christmas gift (I got Amazon Prime on a free trial before Christmas and had all the kids do the gift matrix online -- they had an $80 speaker for $20, which was roughly the budget). It sat there in its box until around March, at which point he brought it downstairs for a while (not sure why, because our soundbar used for the TV does bluetooth and he never bothered pairing to that one).
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12598
    Age : 40
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: What Am I Listening to Right now?

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:25 am

    wprager wrote:Quick question -- what's the use case for a portable speaker? I know the kids on my son's team liked to play music in the dressing room before games, so that's one. In general, though, isn't blaring your (personal) music to those around you considered a little, what would be the word, selfish? If you have a party, different story, of course, but then do you need a portable one? In the vast majority of other situations I'd simply use a headset (bluetooth or otherwise).

    P.S. And I say this after convincing my daughter that my son would love a bluetooth speaker as a Christmas gift (I got Amazon Prime on a free trial before Christmas and had all the kids do the gift matrix online -- they had an $80 speaker for $20, which was roughly the budget). It sat there in its box until around March, at which point he brought it downstairs for a while (not sure why, because our soundbar used for the TV does bluetooth and he never bothered pairing to that one).
    music in the kitchen, music in the bathroom, and one day, music in the garage.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 53998
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: What Am I Listening to Right now?

    Post by PTFlea on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:26 am

    Bought Bluetooth headphones last night but they're the donut kind not the earbuds, so I find them uncomfortable when I wear glasses. Back they go.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47406
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: What Am I Listening to Right now?

    Post by wprager on Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:44 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:Quick question -- what's the use case for a portable speaker? I know the kids on my son's team liked to play music in the dressing room before games, so that's one. In general, though, isn't blaring your (personal) music to those around you considered a little, what would be the word, selfish? If you have a party, different story, of course, but then do you need a portable one? In the vast majority of other situations I'd simply use a headset (bluetooth or otherwise).

    P.S. And I say this after convincing my daughter that my son would love a bluetooth speaker as a Christmas gift (I got Amazon Prime on a free trial before Christmas and had all the kids do the gift matrix online -- they had an $80 speaker for $20, which was roughly the budget). It sat there in its box until around March, at which point he brought it downstairs for a while (not sure why, because our soundbar used for the TV does bluetooth and he never bothered pairing to that one).
    music in the kitchen, music in the bathroom, and one day, music in the garage.

    Headphones work in all those situations. Main speakers solved two issues: mobility while listening (not tied to a cord) and sharing the music with others (party). Bluetooth headphones solve the first issue. I guess a third issue would be audio quality and, but I still think that for comparable AQ you're probably paying less for a headset.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47406
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: What Am I Listening to Right now?

    Post by wprager on Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:47 pm

    PTFlea wrote:Bought Bluetooth headphones last night but they're the donut kind not the earbuds, so I find them uncomfortable when I wear glasses. Back they go.

    You mean over-the-ear? Like the entire ear is inside the "donut"? I've gone through several versions of headsets (including on-the-ear -- not quote over), earbuds, the ones that latch on to the ear (like an earbud with a handle). I must admit, I have not (yet) found a perfect pair.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24717
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: What Am I Listening to Right now?

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:16 pm

    wprager wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:Bought Bluetooth headphones last night but they're the donut kind not the earbuds, so I find them uncomfortable when I wear glasses. Back they go.

    You mean over-the-ear? Like the entire ear is inside the "donut"? I've gone through several versions of headsets (including on-the-ear -- not quote over), earbuds, the ones that latch on to the ear (like an earbud with a handle). I must admit, I have not (yet) found a perfect pair.

    Then you haven't seen Adrienne Barbeau in her prime.

    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12598
    Age : 40
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: What Am I Listening to Right now?

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:33 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:Bought Bluetooth headphones last night but they're the donut kind not the earbuds, so I find them uncomfortable when I wear glasses. Back they go.

    You mean over-the-ear? Like the entire ear is inside the "donut"? I've gone through several versions of headsets (including on-the-ear -- not quote over), earbuds, the ones that latch on to the ear (like an earbud with a handle). I must admit, I have not (yet) found a perfect pair.

    Then you haven't seen Adrienne Barbeau in her prime.

    Really?
    If we're going old then I'm going for Jane Fonda. Oooohhh Barbarella... Hubba hubba!
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47406
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: What Am I Listening to Right now?

    Post by wprager on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:11 pm

    Ursula Andress FTW!

    Rosanna Arquette, too, if you want someone more recent. And, no, Toto's song was not about her(s).


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47406
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: What Am I Listening to Right now?

    Post by wprager on Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:49 pm

    The Very Best of the Alan Parsons Project. I had no idea I even had this. Don't remember ever buying it. Just found it while going through stuff trying to de-clutter.

    Brings back memories.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    Sponsored content

    Re: What Am I Listening to Right now?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri May 26, 2017 5:17 am