Proposal Challenge

    Share

    Acrobat
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1565
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

    Re: Proposal Challenge

    Post by Acrobat on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:50 pm

    I still have a problem dumping Mez. Too much potential.

    I like the ideal of Neil and a third to Anaheim.

    Do we really want to give up Nikulin? (really, I'm asking as I haven't seem him play this year, and I recall someone saying that he's improved).

    Gotta get JJ though.

    If we get JJ, do we stll have room for Schneider, assuming we send Neil?

    jamvan
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1630
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Proposal Challenge

    Post by jamvan on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:55 pm

    Nycholat, Glass and Hennessey for Jokinen

    A 4th round draft pick for Scneider.

    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13609
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Proposal Challenge

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:58 pm

    jamvan wrote:Nycholat, Glass and Hennessey for Jokinen

    A 4th round draft pick for Scneider.

    Are we letting Mesz sit out then? How does that work out with our Cap situation? We'd be over wouldn't we?
    avatar
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 5817
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Proposal Challenge

    Post by PKC on Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:17 pm

    jamvan wrote:Nycholat, Glass and Hennessey for Jokinen

    A 4th round draft pick for Scneider.

    I don't think they need another goalie prospect in Tampa, they have both Ramo and Helenius down in the minors with Smith and Kolzig up with the big team. Plus, I'd rather not trade what seems to be a serviceable bottom pair defenseman for Jokinen. Can we not offer them Hennessey and a third round pick instead?

    Also, I really don't want Schneider just yet. I don't like his salary and would like to see just how our backend does this year before we trade for some help. Not to mention, that bringing in Schneider bumps down Lee to the bottom pairing, and I'd like to see how this kid is going to play in our top 4. But that's just me.

    If we trade for any D, I really hope its Bouwmeester.
    avatar
    Acrobat
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1565
    Age : 48
    Location : out to lunch...
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

    Re: Proposal Challenge

    Post by Acrobat on Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:59 pm

    PKC wrote:
    jamvan wrote:Nycholat, Glass and Hennessey for Jokinen

    A 4th round draft pick for Scneider.

    I don't think they need another goalie prospect in Tampa, they have both Ramo and Helenius down in the minors with Smith and Kolzig up with the big team. Plus, I'd rather not trade what seems to be a serviceable bottom pair defenseman for Jokinen. Can we not offer them Hennessey and a third round pick instead?

    Also, I really don't want Schneider just yet. I don't like his salary and would like to see just how our backend does this year before we trade for some help. Not to mention, that bringing in Schneider bumps down Lee to the bottom pairing, and I'd like to see how this kid is going to play in our top 4. But that's just me.

    If we trade for any D, I really hope its Bouwmeester.

    J-Bo for Henessey and a third?
    ...
    ...
    no takers?
    :D
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54300
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Proposal Challenge

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:11 pm

    Acrobat wrote:
    PKC wrote:
    jamvan wrote:Nycholat, Glass and Hennessey for Jokinen

    A 4th round draft pick for Scneider.

    I don't think they need another goalie prospect in Tampa, they have both Ramo and Helenius down in the minors with Smith and Kolzig up with the big team. Plus, I'd rather not trade what seems to be a serviceable bottom pair defenseman for Jokinen. Can we not offer them Hennessey and a third round pick instead?

    Also, I really don't want Schneider just yet. I don't like his salary and would like to see just how our backend does this year before we trade for some help. Not to mention, that bringing in Schneider bumps down Lee to the bottom pairing, and I'd like to see how this kid is going to play in our top 4. But that's just me.

    If we trade for any D, I really hope its Bouwmeester.

    J-Bo for Henessey and a third?
    ...
    ...
    no takers?
    :D

    Boing! Can you imagine? Smile
    avatar
    Acrobat
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1565
    Age : 48
    Location : out to lunch...
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

    Re: Proposal Challenge

    Post by Acrobat on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:39 pm

    504Heater wrote:
    Acrobat wrote:
    PKC wrote:
    jamvan wrote:Nycholat, Glass and Hennessey for Jokinen

    A 4th round draft pick for Scneider.

    I don't think they need another goalie prospect in Tampa, they have both Ramo and Helenius down in the minors with Smith and Kolzig up with the big team. Plus, I'd rather not trade what seems to be a serviceable bottom pair defenseman for Jokinen. Can we not offer them Hennessey and a third round pick instead?

    Also, I really don't want Schneider just yet. I don't like his salary and would like to see just how our backend does this year before we trade for some help. Not to mention, that bringing in Schneider bumps down Lee to the bottom pairing, and I'd like to see how this kid is going to play in our top 4. But that's just me.

    If we trade for any D, I really hope its Bouwmeester.

    J-Bo for Henessey and a third?
    ...
    ...
    no takers?
    :D

    Boing! Can you imagine? Smile

    OK - last chance - I'll offer a third and a fifth! (with Henessey, of course), but they have to pay the plane tickets and moving expenses. And buy me a case of beer. Any premium lager will do.

    Mmmmmm......beer......gotta go now..... 🤡
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54300
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Proposal Challenge

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:20 pm

    Acrobat wrote:OK - last chance - I'll offer a third and a fifth! (with Henessey, of course), but they have to pay the plane tickets and moving expenses. And buy me a case of beer. Any premium lager will do.

    Mmmmmm......beer......gotta go now..... 🤡

    Now you're getting ridiculous. This is Jacques Martin we're talking about here don't forget. Wink
    avatar
    Acrobat
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1565
    Age : 48
    Location : out to lunch...
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

    Re: Proposal Challenge

    Post by Acrobat on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:32 pm

    504Heater wrote:
    Acrobat wrote:OK - last chance - I'll offer a third and a fifth! (with Henessey, of course), but they have to pay the plane tickets and moving expenses. And buy me a case of beer. Any premium lager will do.

    Mmmmmm......beer......gotta go now..... 🤡

    Now you're getting ridiculous. This is Jacques Martin we're talking about here don't forget. Wink

    Right. I'll throw in a picture of Vermette. Poster size. I'll send the image to Costco now...
    avatar
    Acrobat
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1565
    Age : 48
    Location : out to lunch...
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

    Re: Proposal Challenge

    Post by Acrobat on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:33 pm

    I'll even send it in one of those really nice poster tubes...
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13609
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Proposal Challenge

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:17 am

    Acrobat wrote:I'll even send it in one of those really nice poster tubes...

    Hey now settle down here guys. NOW we're getting hosed on this deal. :lol!:


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 3032
    Age : 37
    Location : East of Ottawa..
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Proposal Challenge

    Post by Cronie on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:48 am

    okay. I'll throw my attempt out there.

    It's no secret that Vancouver is not getting any better, or at least as their line-up stands, they are quite weak in the scoring threat department, which means Luongo can steal games for them but they need to score to win! LOL

    So, here's what I'm thinking...

    Vermette, Foligno, Hennessy and our 1st in 09 for Luongo...

    What do you think? While I'd hate to part with Foligno and Vermette, they both would be, I think, welcome additions to Vancouver's forward ranks and if Hennessy won't do it, throw in Zubov or Winchester. Ottawa has needed or wanted a true top 10 goalie for a LONG time, and with our core mostly intact, this would be, in my view, a win-win for both teams involved. I know they'd want Spezza or Fisher straight up for Luongo, but this way they receive two scoring forwards, one of whom will blow out any day now.
    avatar
    Mosky
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 211
    Location : Ottawa, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

    Re: Proposal Challenge

    Post by Mosky on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:57 am

    Cronenbergfan wrote:okay. I'll throw my attempt out there.

    It's no secret that Vancouver is not getting any better, or at least as their line-up stands, they are quite weak in the scoring threat department, which means Luongo can steal games for them but they need to score to win! LOL

    So, here's what I'm thinking...

    Vermette, Foligno, Hennessy and our 1st in 09 for Luongo...

    What do you think? While I'd hate to part with Foligno and Vermette, they both would be, I think, welcome additions to Vancouver's forward ranks and if Hennessy won't do it, throw in Zubov or Winchester. Ottawa has needed or wanted a true top 10 goalie for a LONG time, and with our core mostly intact, this would be, in my view, a win-win for both teams involved. I know they'd want Spezza or Fisher straight up for Luongo, but this way they receive two scoring forwards, one of whom will blow out any day now.

    What would they do for a goalie? i'm not saying i don't mind the idea i was just wondering if you had any ideas of where Vancouver could go from there. If it was for luongo or bouwmeester would be the only way i would trade vermette. i really like him and his contract and the proposal would have to knock my stinky little boots off to make me trade him
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13609
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Proposal Challenge

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:03 am

    Cronenbergfan wrote:okay. I'll throw my attempt out there.

    It's no secret that Vancouver is not getting any better, or at least as their line-up stands, they are quite weak in the scoring threat department, which means Luongo can steal games for them but they need to score to win! LOL

    So, here's what I'm thinking...

    Vermette, Foligno, Hennessy and our 1st in 09 for Luongo...

    What do you think? While I'd hate to part with Foligno and Vermette, they both would be, I think, welcome additions to Vancouver's forward ranks and if Hennessy won't do it, throw in Zubov or Winchester. Ottawa has needed or wanted a true top 10 goalie for a LONG time, and with our core mostly intact, this would be, in my view, a win-win for both teams involved. I know they'd want Spezza or Fisher straight up for Luongo, but this way they receive two scoring forwards, one of whom will blow out any day now.

    Although I love the idea it doesn't really work for Van does it? They solve scoring depth issues by ruining their Goaltending situation right? And as far as what we're offering I would think it would take another pick and Zubov not Hennessy.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    Cronie
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 3032
    Age : 37
    Location : East of Ottawa..
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Proposal Challenge

    Post by Cronie on Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:10 am

    Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
    Cronenbergfan wrote:okay. I'll throw my attempt out there.

    It's no secret that Vancouver is not getting any better, or at least as their line-up stands, they are quite weak in the scoring threat department, which means Luongo can steal games for them but they need to score to win! LOL

    So, here's what I'm thinking...

    Vermette, Foligno, Hennessy and our 1st in 09 for Luongo...

    What do you think? While I'd hate to part with Foligno and Vermette, they both would be, I think, welcome additions to Vancouver's forward ranks and if Hennessy won't do it, throw in Zubov or Winchester. Ottawa has needed or wanted a true top 10 goalie for a LONG time, and with our core mostly intact, this would be, in my view, a win-win for both teams involved. I know they'd want Spezza or Fisher straight up for Luongo, but this way they receive two scoring forwards, one of whom will blow out any day now.

    Although I love the idea it doesn't really work for Van does it? They solve scoring depth issues by ruining their Goaltending situation right? And as far as what we're offering I would think it would take another pick and Zubov not Hennessy.

    O.k. valid point. I got a little ahead of myself there... We can't trade Elliot away, and Auld, I have a feeling, is going to be HUGE this year and next, so parting with them is no good, and I don't Vancouver would bite at either of them, or if they would, Elliot would be there choice... Ummm... Perhaps I'll retract that proposal as it is and ponder it a little more and repost in a bit.
    avatar
    Mosky
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 211
    Location : Ottawa, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

    Re: Proposal Challenge

    Post by Mosky on Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:30 am

    How about Auld, Foligno and a 1st in '09? Not enough? throw in another pick maybe lol
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13609
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Proposal Challenge

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:05 am

    I think I've got another one to ponder.

    Who can we send Gerber to? I think an Auld-Elliot tandem would save us about 2.7M on the cap and allows more flexibility as to what we add to the roster on D and forward.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    Mosky
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 211
    Location : Ottawa, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

    Re: Proposal Challenge

    Post by Mosky on Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:20 am

    Well we could throw him in for a luongo trade Smile but my other option was Auld, Vermette, Foligno and a 1st for Bouwmeester and Anderson. Anderson is soo sick, as i posted somewhere else his first two NHL games, he got shutouts, and faced over 50 shots in both games. and then we don't really need to talk about Bouw, lol we all know who he is.

    And then after that we could pawn Gerbs off on someone else and start Anderson, cuz i really think he will be able to hold a teams weight as early as next year.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Proposal Challenge

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:09 am