Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13620
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: Proposal Challenge

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:26 pm

tukker wrote:
    jamvan wrote:Nycholat, Glass and Hennessey for Jokinen

A 4th round draft pick for Scneider.
    why would Anaheim and Tampa trade desent players(especially Jussi) for our scraps? confused

I think the idea stems from the fact that they have cap issues but, I agree with you that we'd need to sweeten the pot for Jokinen and for Schnieder it would maybe take a prospect or a slightly higher pick I would think.

jamvan
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1630

Post by jamvan on Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:37 pm

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
    tukker wrote:
    jamvan wrote:Nycholat, Glass and Hennessey for Jokinen

A 4th round draft pick for Scneider.
    why would Anaheim and Tampa trade desent players(especially Jussi) for our scraps? confused

I think the idea stems from the fact that they have cap issues but, I agree with you that we'd need to sweeten the pot for Jokinen and for Schnieder it would maybe take a prospect or a slightly higher pick I would think.
    Burke has already publicly said Scneider can be had for a pick and a lower one at that.

This trade proposal was two proposals, not two trades happening at the same time or in conjunction with each other.

Phoenix30
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1271
    Registration date : 2008-08-15

Post by Phoenix30 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:19 pm

504Heater wrote:
    Phoenix30 wrote:OK I put this in the wrong post I think. Here is my suggestion:

What a cool avatar.

Thanks, I'm stuck on 12 overnights at them moment so I had time find it while sitting around work. I was hoping to tweak it a bit and put a Sens Logo on it. I think a phoenix with a Sens logo could be a sign of them raising from the Ashes after a disastrous season. Unfortunately I dont have a program to improve the photo, let alone now how to alter it to look flawless.
    Phoenix30
    Veteran
    Veteran

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by Phoenix30 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:24 pm

rooneypoo wrote:

I am of the opinion that if Murray can't get Mez signed at the latest early in the season then he needs to trade him. As much as we need a PMD I wonder if Mez could fetch us O'Sullivan if he remains unsigned with LA.

LA could be a trading partner option as they are set with quality young players and have some prospects that are ready to move up but need another D-man.

If they were to get Mez they get a player who has played on a successful team and is still young himself so he could grow with the team. Moving Mez for a forwards isnt all that bad as we fill a need up front with a young quality player that can also grow with the team. I suspect though that we might be able to get a pick or prospect as well as Mez has had more consitent seasons than O'Sullivan at the moment.

We would still have the same problem though of not having a PMD. This is where I think Murray would need to put trust in Hartsburg to develop either Bell or Nycolat until he could get creative to trade for another D-man.

Getting O'Sullivan I like... being left with Lee and Nycholat as our top offensive / puck-moving / PP QB Ds I don't like at all.

Don't worry, I think we'll have the Mesz situation sorted out for the better come the regular season. As jamvan (I think?) has reminded us, unsigned RFAs at this point in the season are pretty regular occurences, whereas sit-outs in these same situations are very, very rare. I share in people's anxiety and impatience, but it's important to recognize that this is a standard process, and that Mesz will in all probability be on our blueline at the start of the season.

I am not big on the limited PMD but I think if that opportunity arose where Murray could get an O'Sullivan or similar player+ for Mez I hope he would look at it. However Murray would have to look at getting another PMD man. It may have to be someone who is flying under the radar (Berard maybe), unless he can scoop Bow from Martin in a trade or when he becomes an UFA.
    PKC
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 5817
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by PKC on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:28 pm

Phoenix30 wrote:
    504Heater wrote:

What a cool avatar.

Thanks, I'm stuck on 12 overnights at them moment so I had time find it while sitting around work. I was hoping to tweak it a bit and put a Sens Logo on it. I think a phoenix with a Sens logo could be a sign of them raising from the Ashes after a disastrous season. Unfortunately I dont have a program to improve the photo, let alone now how to alter it to look flawless.

Ummmm......photoshop?
    Phoenix30
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by Phoenix30 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:30 pm

PKC wrote:
    Phoenix30 wrote:
    504Heater wrote:

What a cool avatar.

Ummmm......photoshop?

I wish but dont have it at home as well I am at work for the next 12hrs. OH YA gotta love overnights :lol!:
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54591

Post by PTFlea on Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:28 pm

Phoenix30 wrote:
    I am not big on the limited PMD but I think if that opportunity arose where Murray could get an O'Sullivan or similar player+ for Mez I hope he would look at it. However Murray would have to look at getting another PMD man. It may have to be someone who is flying under the radar (Berard maybe), unless he can scoop Bow from Martin in a trade or when he becomes an UFA.

Okay, I'll bite, what about Brian Berard. If you're lucky enough to have him healthy, he's dynamite offensively from the back end. If we could get him for 800K, I would really think about it. Even last year on one of the most offensively challenged teams in the league, he was on pace for 38ish points. 15 PP points in 54 games...not too shabby. Look at the year right after the lockout with the franking Blue Jackets of all teams. That`s silly, he was on pace for 60 points. Injuries are a major concern, but we would have Bell and Nycholat waiting in the wings.

Man...for the first time ever, I wouldn`t be opposed to getting this guy.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=479&hubname=nhl
    Phoenix30
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by Phoenix30 on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:02 am

504Heater wrote:
    Phoenix30 wrote:

Okay, I'll bite, what about Brian Berard. If you're lucky enough to have him healthy, he's dynamite offensively from the back end. If we could get him for 800K, I would really think about it. Even last year on one of the most offensively challenged teams in the league, he was on pace for 38ish points. 15 PP points in 54 games...not too shabby. Look at the year right after the lockout with the franking Blue Jackets of all teams. That`s silly, he was on pace for 60 points. Injuries are a major concern, but we would have Bell and Nycholat waiting in the wings.

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=479&hubname=nhl
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=479&hubname=nhl[/quote[/url]]

After looking at his stats he would be a good stop gap asset to the team. I agree sign him to a low contract for 1 year and see how things go. If he does well he ups his stock and can reap the rewards on his next contract.
    Phoenix30
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by Phoenix30 on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:23 am

Here is another proposal I thought might work however I suspect it would be a deal that is done during the season depending on how Phoenix is doing. If Mez remains unsigned we could possible package him in another deal for a more experience PMD.

To Ottawa:
    Doan
    Yandel

To Phoenix
    Kelly
    Nikulin
    Nycholat
    2010 2nd

Why does it work for Phoenix. Doan at some point is going to want to go to the playoffs. Phoenix would get some further young talent with playoff experience to go with their present talent base while shedding salary in Doan. Ottawa gets a player who can be our top 6 and another promising PMD. I suspect Phoenix would want to tweak the deal a little.

Trading Kelly would allow the Sens to move McAmmond to center and place Folingo on the 3rd line where he can learn and play while not getting overwhelmed.

Doan (4.55) Spezza (7) Alfie (4.414)

Vermette (2.7625) - Fisher (4.2) - Heatley (7.5)

Donovan (0.600) McAmmond (0.875) - Folingo (0.559)

Neil (1.1) Bass (0.511) Ruuto (1.3)

Phillips (3.5) A Train (2.5)

Yandle (.850) Smith (2.6)

Lee (0.850) - Schubert (0.883)

Gerber (3.7)

Auld (1)

I like this alot. Plus our cap hit would be approx. 51.7545 with Emerys cap hit and without Mez signed.
    jamvan
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by jamvan on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:01 am

504Heater wrote:
    Phoenix30 wrote:

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=479&hubname=nhl
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=479&hubname=nhl[/quote[/url]]

Actually it's not a bad scenario and wouldn't it be ironic he joins the team the year after Ringo gets turfed? Question I would have is; do you think he'd come here?

He could fit perfectly on the last pairing and be inserted into te PP.
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7429
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post by rooneypoo on Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:49 am

Phoenix30 wrote:Here is another proposal I thought might work however I suspect it would be a deal that is done during the season depending on how Phoenix is doing. If Mez remains unsigned we could possible package him in another deal for a more experience PMD.

To Ottawa:
    Doan
    Yandel

To Phoenix
    Kelly
    Nikulin
    Nycholat
    2010 2nd

Why does it work for Phoenix. Doan at some point is going to want to go to the playoffs. Phoenix would get some further young talent with playoff experience to go with their present talent base while shedding salary in Doan. Ottawa gets a player who can be our top 6 and another promising PMD. I suspect Phoenix would want to tweak the deal a little.

Trading Kelly would allow the Sens to move McAmmond to center and place Folingo on the 3rd line where he can learn and play while not getting overwhelmed.

Doan (4.55) Spezza (7) Alfie (4.414)

Vermette (2.7625) - Fisher (4.2) - Heatley (7.5)

Donovan (0.600) McAmmond (0.875) - Folingo (0.559)

Neil (1.1) Bass (0.511) Ruuto (1.3)

Phillips (3.5) A Train (2.5)

Yandle (.850) Smith (2.6)

Lee (0.850) - Schubert (0.883)

Gerber (3.7)

Auld (1)

I like this alot. Plus our cap hit would be approx. 51.7545 with Emerys cap hit and without Mez signed.

PHO is getting better and better every year. Last year, they were legitimately in the hunt for a playoff spot after they got Bryzgalov. This year, they acquired a real #1 centre in Jokinen to skate with Doan. They've also got all kinds of great young talent, including Mueller, Turris (who should play the full season this year), Hanzal, and Carcillo, who are only going to get better. They're D is a little weaker now after the Jokinen trade, but that's a remediable situation.

All this to say: after sticking around on a 're-building' team for so long, I can't imagine Doan going anywhere now that they're finally on the right track. If Bryzgalov plays like he can, PHO will challenge for a playoff spot this year -- and will probably make it to the big show, if not this year, then the next.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:06 am

rooneypoo wrote:

PHO is getting better and better every year. Last year, they were legitimately in the hunt for a playoff spot after they got Bryzgalov. This year, they acquired a real #1 centre in Jokinen to skate with Doan. They've also got all kinds of great young talent, including Mueller, Turris (who should play the full season this year), Hanzal, and Carcillo, who are only going to get better. They're D is a little weaker now after the Jokinen trade, but that's a remediable situation.

All this to say: after sticking around on a 're-building' team for so long, I can't imagine Doan going anywhere now that they're finally on the right track. If Bryzgalov plays like he can, PHO will challenge for a playoff spot this year -- and will probably make it to the big show, if not this year, then the next.

I totally agree. I also tend to believe that Doan is their version of our Alfie in terms of being a leader for that team and wanting to be there for the rest of his career. I'd love to have Doan on our team because I see him as a more skilled Fisher in terms of intangibles.

- Unknown Author
    jamvan
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by jamvan on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:17 am

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:

I totally agree. I also tend to believe that Doan is their version of our Alfie in terms of being a leader for that team and wanting to be there for the rest of his career. I'd love to have Doan on our team because I see him as a more skilled Fisher in terms of intangibles.
    Gretzky and company are doing an amazing job in Pho. I agree that they will challenge for a playoff spot and also agree that DOan will never be going anywhere. Gretzky absolutely loves this guy and what he brings to the table. You're right in saying he's their Alfie.

Their young guys are absolutely awesome too, especially Peter Mueller.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:31 am

jamvan wrote:[
    Actually it's not a bad scenario and wouldn't it be ironic he joins the team the year after Ringo gets turfed? Question I would have is; do you think he'd come here?

I don't know. I would assume he's grown up a bit and will play in Canada now, but I'll always hold that against him (franker). He would be a nice stop-gap though...
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:33 am

504Heater wrote:

I don't know. I would assume he's grown up a bit and will play in Canada now, but I'll always hold that against him (franker). He would be a nice stop-gap though...

As rooneypoo has said on many occassions and he's converted me LOL, I want Boucher if we can make it happen he'd be a solid pickup and we could keep Mesz in the fold and it would allow us a good Cap cushion.

BTW Heater 2 more and you reach 200 posts!!!

- Unknown Author
    Mosky
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 211
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

Post by Mosky on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:37 am

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
    504Heater wrote:

As rooneypoo has said on many occassions and he's converted me LOL, I want Boucher if we can make it happen he'd be a solid pickup and we could keep Mesz in the fold and it would allow us a good Cap cushion.

Better watch your back Clutch, he's catchin up on you! lol
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:47 am

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

I want Boucher as well, but the price might be fairly high. He's really good.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:57 am

Mosky wrote:
    Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
    504Heater wrote:

Better watch your back Clutch, he's catchin up on you! lol

It's only a matter of time before he blows me out of the water actually. He was off for a full week and he's already on my coat tails. Smile

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:06 am